It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor call on Coast to Coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Have you all heard about this guy who claims to be John Titor? In case you don't know who Titor is, about ten years ago, a guy come out posting on a bunch of threads claiming to be a time traveler. Normally, no one would believe such a claim, but this guy posted a bunch of pictures that were rather convincing. Anyway, this new guy claims to be the guy behind the whole John Titor mythos, and he claims that it was all a hoax. Further, he claims that he's going to call in on December 25th to Coast to Coast with George Noory. I haven't heard anything about this for about a week, and I was wondering if anyone knows if this guy still plans to call in.

www.youtube.com...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 22-12-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMalacoda

I wonder what kind of school project this was? A Sociology class maybe for a social experiment.

It wouldn't be physics, because he really wasn't all that convincing with what he presented in regards to physics, like he hadn't had a drop of physics schooling actually.

Eh glad the truth will now be known so we can put a rest to the hooplah.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Interesting to see what he has to say .. I never believed the John Titor story .. but I believed the "Lawyer" was more involved in the hoax..

Perhaps the lawyer just cashed in on what this guy began .. either way, should be interesting

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
His follow up video however makes me think he's just doing this for the fun of it ( a joke ) .. so he may not be very genuine in his confession.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

common sense would tell one this was a complete hoax. I can't believe people actually believed this nonsense.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
i hadnt heard of him until someone on this site posted a link
it was around the time cern said they went faster then the speed of light
while going through some of titors comments he said that faster then light would be announced but a few weeks later they would realise there mistake
im not sure when he said it but i know it was before the cern announcent was redacted if i remember correctly
but it always stuck with me that he said cerns faster then light would quickly be proven wrong

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I do not believe his confession. Not at all.

As far as I know he still plans on calling in, and I know I for one will be listening.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yeah I watched his third followup and now I think his confession is complete BS .. he could very well be JT, since I don't believe in the JT myth at all .. but it would be pretty disappointing if this guy actually is the originator, he's not very funny and he's obviously trying to be ..

Fail =)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Readers may be wise to consider the possibility that people who later retract their claims do so under threat to themselves or their familes. Cerry Cassidy from Project Camelot has got a good arrticle on this kind of thing on her blog now and a lot of insight can be glened from this article for readers who are guinely seeking the truth out there

Readers might also be wise to consider the possibility that many early posters to threads may infact people who are paid to monitor new threads and jump in as soon as possible and make comments that are designed to undermine factual premise and logic and so sway the readers beleif in claims made by those who may be whistleblowers

There was a thread about exactly this issue sometime in the last year or so.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It's guys like this that ruin it for the real time travelers.
Oh man, lol, I can't believe people fall for this stuff. But, I suppose most were skeptical, and let's face it, it is hard to simply ignore claims that substantial. It's like you HAVE to look into them, even though you know it's complete BS. Maybe just to see how convincing the person can be, lol.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

Did you watch all three of his videos? he doesn't really seem the type you can take very seriously ..

I'll stand by

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Seriously?!?!

A man didn't really travel back in time to find an obsolete computer so he could save his future world?!?!

It was a story I fully would have believed........when I was 9.

If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything.

Ya'll will fall for anything

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by bussoboy

Did you watch all three of his videos? he doesn't really seem the type you can take very seriously ..

I'll stand by

And then we have this nutzoid.....*warning some harsh language* Threatening the man confessing to be JT.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This guy is way too young to have been John Titor. He would have been what? 10 at the time of the Titor hoax?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
This guy is way too young to have been John Titor. He would have been what? 10 at the time of the Titor hoax?

Naaaaa,,,,he used his time machine

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I DO believe in time travel as a possibility we are no where near mastering or even proving in a practical way yet. Given the nature of it though, if it is EVER possible, it will SOMEDAY be done and we're living in one of the most interesting times in the history of mankind. Of COURSE they would come back here from however far into the future it takes to reach the point of doing this.

Having said that.....I've never bought into the John Titor story either. First..I've yet to hear a single thing attributed to him for a prediction that perfectly normal, non-time traveling mortals like the rest of us haven't postulated or outright predicted ourselves. For those more interesting predictions normal folk aren't thinking of in advance, we have shows like Alex Jones, Coast to Coast and a myriad of lesser known folks to share their insight. Nothing new here.

Finally though, there is the most obvious reason. If a time traveler from the future were actually to become known as such..let alone declare it to ANYONE where it got out, the Governments would stop at nothing...but NOTHING..to get the guy alive and capable of being interrogated for however long it took to get every last tidbit of detail he knew in his head. Even a grade schooler in 2047 or 2100 would know enough things taken for granted at that time, to educate our leading scientists and the greatest minds of our time today.

I don't think murder..even MASS murder..would be beyond what several nations would be more than happy to do..and consider a very real bargain...in getting their hands on an honest to God Time Traveler and all he knew. So..Nope.. I'm not buying the Titor story and I never have.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
well the records of his predictions are 100% wrong

and it's all hoax you say ?? I'm crushed and by crushed I mean never believed the John Titor story

on the other hand I believe this guy Time Traveler of CERN

Police said Mr Cole, who was wearing a bow tie and rather too much tweed for his age, would not reveal his country of origin. "Countries do not exist where I am from. The discovery of the Higgs boson led to limitless power, the elimination of poverty and Kit-Kats for everyone. It is a communist chocolate hellhole and I'm here to stop it ever happening."

because right after this story appeared ,so did this one GMO chocolate

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Dethklok already beat Titor to this with their own time machines.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I always thought though that if a person were to get sent through a time machine that they may well not even have any physics knowledge. Like a special forces soldier for example wouldn't know how to build the chopper that flies them or even the detailed description of how it works.

Still thought I think it was a hoax, they guy must have had access to the computer knowledge that only a few people had at the time and thought that this would be a good way to make him seem genuine, when really anyone who has knowledge of something restricted that is provable can do this and make this claim. It was obviously someone who worked on this making it easier to narrow it down.

This guy though is just an awful hoaxer trying to have some fun and take credit for someone elses 'work'.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

Sorry but what was that about? Was there supposed to be a joke in there

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join