It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last minute christmas present idea's?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Does she keep the flowers that you've sent her over the years?

I'll tell you what my hubby did, before we were married.

Back in the day, I would hold on to the flowers that he sent to me (many girls/women do), by hanging them upside down to dry. I had bunches.

He gathered up all of my dried bunches and framed them. He used a silk cloth, loosely laid on the cardboard backing of a large Victorian gold-leaf rectangular frame, so the loose folds would show in the background. He then carefully removed all of the rose buds (mine were roses, but any flowers would do) and spread the dried petals, randomly, all over the silk. He even used a few baby's breath and some of the ribbons to placthroughout the collage to add an artistic 'touch'. Then, enclosed the entire project into the glass frame.

It hung on the wall, at the head of our bed, for years. My girlfriends would always ask where I got the beautiful art. They'd about melt, when they found out the source: That's all the flowers my honey gave me throughout the years.

I dunno. That was one of my faves. (Another fave was the poem he made about me, wrote in calligraphy, mounted, and framed)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Double Post

edit on 22-12-2011 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

It.... could be a basis of survival if he gets the wrong thing for her, hehe.

I think anything you get her that's from the heart will be loved. Imma female. To me, I cherish anything I get from someone. Cost means nothing to me - I'd rather have something I can enjoy. Is she into collectibles, music boxes, jewelry, chocolates, clothing, books, games, gift cards to a spa or hair place or massage, etc.

I dunno. I usually just adore what anyone gets me to be honest.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'll give you the best idea so far IMO !! I did this for my wife a few years ago hopefully it still exists ? Go online and look for the national star registry and you can have an actual star named after her ! The cost depends on the brightness and distance . I paid around 150 bucks Canadian and the star was in the constellation of Aries ( my wife's b-day is in April . It comes with a really nice star chart with the coordinates the brightness , distance ect . And a plaque certifying it and you can pick a romantic poem or saying of your choice to go on the plaque !! It definitely was a bit hit and I got mega brownie points !! She told everyone my chance she had !! Best of luck too you and Merry Christmas !!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
My daughters boyfriend bought her a
remote starter for her car. Now in winter
she can get the car warmed up nice before
driving. Is there something such as this
that would make life easier or cozy for her?

BTW my daughter was thrilled with her
present!

Think outside the box:

edit on 23-12-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
For every bottle of perfume or a dress-- something playful-- like a new board game for the two of you to play, or some fun gadget or puzzle like toy.

Or, send her a message that will really make her know how you feel-- one of these!

e.asset.soup.io...
edit on 23-12-2011 by Frira because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Music.

Who doesn't like music?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join