It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brought to you by the corporate media, repetition (brainwashing) = truth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There are two excellent examples to illustrate this point.

One is the way in which elections are held in the US. In general, the puppet, I mean the candidate, with the most money almost always wins.

WASHINGTON -- The historic election of 2008 re-confirmed one truism about American democracy: Money wins elections.

In 93 percent of House of Representatives races and 94 percent of Senate races that had been decided by mid-day Nov. 5, the candidate who spent the most money ended up winning, according to a post-election analysis by the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics.

www.opensecrets.org...

Why? Simply because that candidate was able to get their name in front of people's faces more than the other guy.

Lets look at another example, the run-up to the Iraq invasion.

WASHINGTON — A study by two nonprofit journalism organizations found that President Bush and top administration officials issued hundreds of false statements about the national security threat from Iraq in the two years following the 2001 terrorist attacks.

The study concluded that the statements "were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses."

The study counted 935 false statements in the two-year period.

www.msnbc.msn.com...#

When the American people were polled on whether or not Iraq had WMDs or were working with "Al-Qaeda", the majority of people said yes. Some even believed that Saddam had something to do with 9/11.

So now we come to Ron Paul.

First, lets take a look at the "are you going to run as an Independent if you dont get the Republican nomination" question. Apparently this was asked 39 times... The goal being to plant the seed that Ron Paul is not a serious Republican candidate, that he is an Independent so theres no point in supporting him.

And now its the "racist" news letters.

It hardly matters whether Ron Paul is racist or not. What they're doing is repeating this mantra incessantly. If they say it enough, they know that people will start to believe it.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.

I would argue that he's not a racist considering that he's against the drug war, that he was the only Republican on stage against racial profiling and that he in essence wants to end the wars against "Brown" people.

These facts aside, we all have a certain amount of "intuition" or "a gut feeling". You can kinda tell when someone is an evil or bad person even if theyre pretending not to be.

Ron Paul is no racist, hes a decent honest man and thats the biggest threat to the establishment.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Whenever I look at him he looks like the sterio typical nice grandad you just know if he becomes president you'll end up on his knee getting fed candy while checking out the patterns on his cardigan, having cuddles while he snoozes, while knowing deep down this is the nicest man in the world
I think America needs some of that right now

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have MSNBC on right now and the I guess the Rev. Al Sharpton has his own show, at any rate he is attacking Ron Paul and showing some of the newsletter articles published by Ron Paul. He has spent the last 30 mins or so pounding on Paul as have his guests..

I do not condone racism and personally I don't know enough about Ron Paul to consider him as of yet..but I am not liking what I am hearing about him and if he wants to survive after Iowa he needs to come forth and really address this issue of the articles published in his newsletter and fast (not walking out of CNN interviews with Gloria Borger)..or he will be probably be annihilated in the press until he drops out.

Some people who are die hard supporters are probably going to flame me..BUT wait..their are millions of other voters just like myself who are still looking for change, are undecided and we are shopping around..trying to find the best candidate..I like much of what Ron Paul says and where he stands on issues..but this is a land of immigrants with every color and creed. Please Dr. Paul..address the racial issue and put it to bed.

Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The media will not allow the racial issue to be put to bed as long as Paul is running. What are they going to do? Challenge his foreign policy? Attack his fiscal policy? Question his support of the Constitution? The problem is, when people hear and understand his policies and ideas, they tend to agree. We shouldn't be invading countries that pose no threat to us. The Federal Reserve is a scam designed to rob the American people. The Federal government is not supposed to be above the law.

The media can't seem to find a scandal to discredit Paul, so they need to manufacture one.

"Dr. Paul, are you a racist?"
"No."
"I see, but some poeple are saying you are a racist. Are you a racist?"
"No."
"OK, so how do you respond to your critics who say you are a racist?"

I have a question for the MSM. Ron Paul has been a Congressman for decades. If he is a racist, why are we just finding out about it now? Was this not an important factor during the many times he ran for Congress? I guess the media must figure that it's OK to have a racist run for Congress, but if he runs for President they have to look in to it.

Unless, of course, the suspected racist happens to be ...

top topics

join