It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does the Left Try so hard to Justify Terrorists in the Middle East?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Islam will only stop attacking the West whilst we have our boot firmly on their necks

Yeah. My comment was twisted.

Keep banging those war drums dude ...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

So apparently the majority of people here feel that war is not the answer war is the reason the Muslim terrorists are provoked into doing things.

Do you think we would attack Christians if they did the same thing? Of course we would! But they don't and that's the difference, I wouldn't call all of Islam a hate filled religion, but extreme Christians (besides for a limited few) don't go around blowing up their own people to spread their message about Islamic domination!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

So when the "right-wing" talk about how there is a Muslim problem, or Muslims attacked us on 9/11. They are right in the context that the extreme Muslims play in this world! Of course the biggest one being that Bin Laden targeted USA in the name of Allah. But I guess that's a conspiracy theory huh?

Saudi' Nationals attacked the US on 9/11. Did the US drop bombs because of that? First you have to wonder why not... it would seem a viable cause, and in fact the only reason to invade the middle east. Hold on, saudi arabia's regime is backed by the US!!! Oh gosh they would never invade somewhere they backed... just look at bahrain for an up to date example. Its all excuses.

The real cause of muslim extremism in this day and age is the CIA and the US military generals, one is a terrorist organization, and the other blindly takes orders from a pro-genocide dictator... they created Al Qaeda (intentional or not) by funding this group of people with weapons and explosives to fight a "different" enemy at the time. Eventually it backlashed into these guys hating the 'west' and here we have it terrorists fighting against Al Qaeda. It will never stop, because without the "terrorist's", the US cannot take part in it's weekly killing spree. Makes no sense anymore, all i see is Hillary Clinton saying "these terrorist's", those "terrorist's"... Hillary, you are the terrorist.

We need to get rid of the terrorist's
We need to create a group of extremist's to topple this government we don't like.
We need to create a rebel force to cause an uprising, lets give them weapons.

Left, or right?

Now after having said that.... which is the left and which is the right? It can't be both... but in this case it is both. Double standards cannot keep to one side, is the obvious reason why it is like this.

And i'd go careful using phrases like "Muslim Problem".
There is no muslim problem... if anythin there is a caucasian problem. I am a white, english born person... and even i say there is a caucasian problem.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I don't see Americans highjacking planes and flying them into buildings regardless of the age and civilian status of the passengers.

I don't see Americans walking into subways with bombs strapped to their bodies and killing as many unarmed
people as they can just for the sake of killing as many unarmed people as they can.

I don't see Americans kidnapping eastern non combatants off the streets of the U.S, cutting their heads off and posting it on youtube.

I don't see Islamic jihadist wearing uniforms so that they can be identified for who they are.

I don't see Islamic jihadist doing what they can to help people who got in the way when they were attacking a military target. Oh wait. They don't attack military targtets just innocent civilians.

I didn't see any coalition forces in Afghanistan until one day a group of Islamic jihadist highjacked some airplanes and flew them into building in the U.S murdering thousands if innocet men women and children. And no they weren't casualties of war. They were murderd.

As I've said in a thread I posted. If these Islamic jihadist want to claim that they're soldiers then lets start shooting them for posing as civilians behind enemy lines and planning and carrying out attacks as per the rules of war.
edit on 23-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

1)look a little close americans hijack planes too.

2)over the last year I've seen multiple americans open fire intoa crowd. Did you miss those events?
3)really? Again, I think you ought to pay more attention. America assasinaated an american born cleric, in case you forgot.
4)should people fighting against an invading army wear uniforms? Really? What, so that they are easier targets for that INVADING army?
5)'help people who got in the way'? Not even gonna touch that one, as the logic of such a statement is scary and sad.
6)avoiding the 9/11 bait there, I certainly didn't see entire countries flying planes into building. I saw a few people. Yet that, to you, justifies attacking not one, but two nations? And a forcing of a new ideology on those countries?

This thread really has become a case study of nationalionalism and narcisism.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I find it laughable that some people would defend the "poor terrorists" and then attack me or other right wing conservative people with past examples of ignorance and supposed propaganda based education. I guess the point I am trying to make is if you hate the way the right views Muslims and terrorists in General, why do you continue to find any excuse to justify terrorists actions? *Again, this p

It isn't justification of the Terrorists but instead by looking at the root cause as to why they are pissed off.

Which no one seems to want to look at because it is too close to revealing the Truth.

But that obviously isn't the intent here. It's all about war and profit and killing a group of people whom are different from ones own.

This is the same ideology that the NAZI's implemented in Europe.....we really are not much different.

The middle eastern terrorist faction have some apparent issues with The Israelis moving into Palestine and pushing the people out by bulldozing their farms and homes and killing them and/or throwing them in prison.

All because the Israelis want all of their land .....plain and simple.

Very similar to what happened here in the USA with the Native Americans.....who were also beaten into submission and now sequestered into what are called "Indian Reservations".

It's all about Money whether we are talking about the Palestinians or the Indians.

Any people will begin to fight back with any means they are capable of if they are pushed far enough.

Which is what we have here when people are pushed to the brink of survival.

What would you do if someone tried to kill your loved ones ?

Peace

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

dear captaintyinknots,

What in the world happened?!? I thought we had this solved last night. How come there's so much fighting going on here now?

Honestly, truly, I was going to wait until we had three or four more posts to firm up the details, then I was going to send the thread to the State Derpartment with a note saying we had solved their Middle East problem.

In your opinion, is this thread a sign that we'll be fighting there forever?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

So now both muslims and I need to grow up? Kinda starting to think YOU have a lot of growing up to do.

1) But please, tell me what I have generalized about in this thread. Id love to see it.
2)I'm sorry you feel that this is a fight. I'm simply discussing, and asking questions.
3)please show me where I have stood up for the rights of terrorists. The only right I have stuck up for is that of each nation to govern as they see fit without being forced into another nations ideologies.
4)so your dream is to live materially and have wealth. That's great. Why do you think everyone needs to have that dream? How do you feel about those that would tell you that your dream is immature and stupid, and that they will change that dream, by force if necessary?

You are a word twister arent you? I never said you are generalizing, you are accusing me of generalizing or labeling in every other post! Now that you are beginning to attack me more for a stupid "capitalistic" (Oh how dare I) dream I have, let me ask you some questions and please answer them without being naive or twisting my words into other questions. Because as you have said, you have offered very little about what you think of their culture, you just believe they have the right to do as they do, even though they don't as they don't have the same rights as we do here in America.

Do you believe that dictatorships should have the freedom to govern their countries, when it is known what they do, they don't allow their people any freedoms, and they finance hated filled propaganda type groups to spread a false message around the world?

Would you rather live under those cultures with no freedoms to express your very position on this subject? What exactly would have been your plan after 9/11.

If war, education, and diplomacy is not the answer what is? Leaving them be to kill themselves and do more 9/11s because its collateral damage from before?

Do you believe that Muslim extremists have the right to spread their religion onto others using violence and other terrorist activities if any other Religion did this they would be under fire as well! But most modern-day religions have grown up out of that nonsense. As already stated in my OP

So you never answered my original question: The left feels that the Right does what they do based on the Christian Religion and yet, when talking about Muslims extremists they find any other excuse but religion to try and justify their actions. Why? I think screaming Allah at the top of their lungs and praying eight times per day before carrying out such horrific acts of violence speaks for itself.
edit on 23-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

1)not twisting words. You said 'everyone does it'. I am someone. Show me where I have done it.
2)where did I attack you or your dream? I asked what you thought of those that would tell you that you are stupid for your dream. Because, afterall, isn't that EXACTLY what you are saying about the muslim way of life? Why should your dreams and aspirations be superior?
3)I have already answered that question. I believe that no nation has the right to force its ways onto another nation. I believe that if the people of said nation are not asking for help, no nation should be able to invade because 'we know better'. The arrogance of thinking your way of life is the only good way of life is disgusting, and it is the exact reason war exists. I would have hoped man would have evolved away from that by now. Alas, it seems an animal instinct that many cannot deny.
4)where would I rather live? Really? You really think anyones personal choice is justification for forcing it on an
entire nation?
5)my plan, post 9/11, would have started with a decent investigation, not using terror tactics around the globe.
6)its sheer arrogance to think that you have a right to 'educate' people of another belief. You do realize that american education is so propaganda heavy that many countries look at it as a factory, right? That you think the way you do because of your 'education'? That it is ONLY nationalism that makes you think you are better?
7)I am not ok with aggressive violence of any kind. But I will say this: you keep stating that it is a religious war. I sugget you read further on the subject. To suggest that it is only a religious thing shows a gross lack of knowledge on the topic.
8)I didn't answer your origional question because it is moot political bait. Another fine example of someone who doesn't get it. You haven't yet learned that there is no right or left, just controlled opposition. And until you do, you are part of the problem.

With that, I think I am done here. You have shown yourself to be truly ignorant of other cultures, and have unwittingly shown both racist tendencies and a frightening nationalist outlook. There's no point in debating with you.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Why does the right insist on creating mythical monsters to get all up in arms about and propegate that myth to the point of revulsion?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

dear captaintyinknots,

What in the world happened?!? I thought we had this solved last night. How come there's so much fighting going on here now?

Honestly, truly, I was going to wait until we had three or four more posts to firm up the details, then I was going to send the thread to the State Derpartment with a note saying we had solved their Middle East problem.

In your opinion, is this thread a sign that we'll be fighting there forever?

With respect,
Charles1952

Unfortunately, coller heads didntprevail. I think you are right. I think this is a sign of human nature....sad, really,that it isn't about solving problems, only about proving who is right.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Rant, Rant, Rant.

All I see here is a bunch of whiney BS.

You're so wrong in so many ways, please at least post some links that could back up SOME of what you say.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

If you studied history it would make very clear sense as to why the Muslims hate Jews and Christians! Christianity is certainly not any less violent than Muslim beliefs if you go back in time and see how the Vatican used the Knights Templar to kill thousands of Muslims.....

edit on 23-12-2011 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

If you studied history it would make very clear sense as to why the Muslims hate Jews and Christians! Christianity is certainly not any less violent than Muslim beliefs if you go back in time and see how the Vatican used the Knights Templar to kill thousands of Muslims.....

edit on 23-12-2011 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

Are you talking about the Crusades? Oh never mind that the Moors invaded Spain....do Spanish people even know that many of them have Moorish DNA?

Al-Andalus (Arabic: الأندلس‎, trans. al-ʼAndalus, Spanish: Al-Ándalus, Portuguese: Al-Andalus), also known as Moorish Iberia, was a medieval Muslim nation and territorial region occupying most of what is today Spain and Portugal, and parts of modern France. The name more generally describes parts of the Iberian Peninsula and Septimania governed by Muslims (given the generic name of Moors), at various times in the period between 711 and 1492, although the territorial boundaries underwent constant changes due to wars with the Christian Kingdoms.[1][2][3]
Following the Muslim conquest of Hispania, Al-Andalus was divided into five administrative areas roughly corresponding to Andalusia, Galicia and Portugal, Castile and León, Aragon and Catalonia, and Septimania.[4] As a political domain or domains, it successively constituted a province of the Umayyad Caliphate, initiated by the Caliph Al-Walid I (711–750); the Emirate of Córdoba (c. 750–929); the Caliphate of Córdoba (929–1031); and the Caliphate of Córdoba's taifa (successor) kingdoms. Rule under these kingdoms saw the rise in cultural exchange and cooperation between Christians, Muslims, and Jews. Under the Caliphate of Córdoba, al-Andalus was a beacon of learning, and the city of Córdoba became one of the leading cultural and economic centres in both the Mediterranean Basin and the Islamic world.

Rule under the Almoravids and Almohads saw a decline in cultural and social exchange and increased persecution of religious minorities, with a return to more fundamentalist forms of Islam.

For much of its history, Al-Andalus existed in conflict with Christian kingdoms to the north, which at first were forced into subservience but eventually overpowered their Muslim neighbors to the South.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Food for thought from Catholics

But should we be apologizing at all? No crusade was actually proclaimed against the Jews, although crusade preaching unleashed feelings that the Church could not control. As far as crusading itself is concerned, most Muslims do not view the crusades, in which they anyway believe they were victorious, in isolation. Islam has been spasmodically in conflict with Christianity since the Muslim conquests of the seventh century, long before the First Crusade, and the crusading movement was a succession of episodes in a continuum of hostility between the two religions. Muslims do not seem to have considered until relatively recently that the crusades stood out in this history; by 1500, indeed, they would have been justified in believing that that particular sequence of wars was ending in their favor. They might have lost Spain, but the Ottoman conquests in Europe had far exceeded anything the crusaders had gained in the East. In the late nineteenth century, however, they began to regard the West's monopoly of commerce and colonialism as a change of tactics, in which everything the crusaders had lost to them was being more than regained. It follows that apologizing to them now can never, as far as they are concerned, get to the root of the problem, because the crusades are merely symptomatic of a much longer-term competitiveness. It is rather like a marksman aiming at an opponent and, while he fires his rifle, expressing regrets for his ancestor's use of a bow and arrow.

But for many of the Christian penitents, what the Muslims think is of secondary importance; it is the Church's subjective act of repentance for past sin that matters. While this kind of self-accusation may make them feel good about themselves, it is possible that, in diverting attention from the real issues, they are doing more harm than good. How useful is it to condemn wars that were supported by great saints like Bernard of Clairvaux, Thomas Aquinas, Bridget of Sweden, Catherine of Siena, John of Capistrano, even possibly Francis of Assisi, however abhorrent the ethical principles on which they were based appear to be to us? Ought we not rather challenge the widespread sentimental and unhistorical assumptions that on the one hand Christianity is an unambiguously pacific religion and on the other that Christian justifications of force have been consistent?

www.catholiceducation.org...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by followtheevidence

So apparently the majority of people here feel that war is not the answer war is the reason the Muslim terrorists are provoked into doing things.

Do you think we would attack Christians if they did the same thing? Of course we would! But they don't and that's the difference, I wouldn't call all of Islam a hate filled religion, but extreme Christians (besides for a limited few) don't go around blowing up their own people to spread their message about Islamic domination!

And if christians did christianity itself would be the loudest in condeming their acts. That's something these bleeding hearts fail to notice or like to avoid is that these attack are done in the name of Islam but the muslims aren't exactly all that loud in condeming it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

All of your "facts" are derived from the assumption that Bin Laden and his cohorts perpetrated the attack, which, by now atleast, has been proven as categorically false. All roads lead to Israel, buddy. You have quite thoroughly bought into the propagandists wet dream I see.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Don't mind him. I'm sure there's just a little too much chlorine in the gene pool.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

imho,

EXCELLENT POINTS WELL MADE. THX.

1. There aren't a lot of options for cosmology.

--Either SOMETHING IS THERE or NOTHING IS THERE
--Either MAN is equal to a rat, a pigeon, a radish or a rock or MAN IS CREATED--I believe by God.

2. GIVEN that the evidence is massively in favor of God's existence as Creator . . .

Lots of folks are disinclined, to put it nicely, to play by God's rules and priorities.

Rebellion is the best way to describe such a stance and attitude.

Lots of folks want to DO THEIR THING, THEIR WAY, IN THEIR TIME, period.

3. Terrorists [70% of Islam by one expert's research] in behalf of the demonic moon god Allah are fiercely against the Judeo-Christian cosmology.
4. Many atheists, agnostics etc. also are often fiercely against the Judeo-Christian cosmology.

5. They cannot tolerate even the idea that the Judeo-Christian cosmology MIGHT even be partially correct.

6. They are not willing to stop rabid sexual acting out of every kind; whatever level of drug/alcohol abuse; whatever levels of ragaholism; whatever levels of arrogance, relationship mayhem and neglect etc. Therefore, they MUST do all they can to discredit, dismiss, trash anything that is on the same side as the Judeo-Christian cosmology.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join