It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does the Left Try so hard to Justify Terrorists in the Middle East?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by captaintyinknots

It's definitely easier to pick the side with freedom, wealth, democracy and relative peace. I don't know why others would want to choose something different because in the countries you are defending you wouldn't even be allowed to question their gov't

1) how many nations have you lived in?
2)why should they be forced to choose between our way and theirs?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

It does depend on the opponent but in this case its clear that the US position is easily justified because of what happens under extreme islam and its politics compares to their society USA doesn't seem so bad

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

A republican president decided to invade both Afghanistan and Iraq.

Our current dem president has taken us to Libya and soon probably Syria and possibly Iran.

It would help out your thread so much if you had any idea what the hell you're talking about. But you sound about 13-15 years old so...can't expect too much out of you.

Good luck understanding that ALL American politicians are the enemy of the people now. Both here and abroad. WAKE UP

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Breaking it down further the US feels its the right thing to do because of the way their society lives. Its inhumane what that and the leaders do in the name of religion which is what I've stated many times b4. They don't currently have the freedom to decide

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

It does depend on the opponent but in this case its clear that the US position is easily justified because of what happens under extreme islam and its politics compares to their society USA doesn't seem so bad
so again, you plainly admit that you justify american agression to push their ideology because you thinks its better. Nationalism, hypocrissy and naivite, all in one statement.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Dear captaintyinknots,

Wonderful! If I am making your points for you it may mean that we are coming to mutual understanding or agreement. Let's see if we are.

The word terroroism is completeley subjective, and will ALWAYS fit when used to describe one seen as an enemy.
I can only take this to me that if Islamic countries aren't terrorist then neither is America. So nothing to fight about. Simply change the OP to wonder why the left is so willing to support the suicide bombing, attacks on civilians, and destruction of buildings when practiced by Islamic countries. See? Terrorism doesn't have to enter into this.

2)exactly. Every group is doing what they think is right. And every group is trying to force their way on another. So why is only one a terrorist?
Hey, we just gave up using the terrorist label, remember?

By the way, what did you think of this:

Why is it that you so easily accept that your way is superior?
Depending on how you look at it, there are at least three different answers. 1) The US believes its land, people, and interests are being attacked, so they fight back. (Isn't that the same answer Islamic countries use?) 2) If you accept the idea of leaving people alone, the idea of conversion to Islam or death is abhorrent. So we're stopping it. 3) We believe it's important to have a friend in that region, and the Brotherhood and Wahabbis (Spelling?) are out to get them all. Use any or all answers if you'd like.

With respect,
Charles1952

link   

Breaking it down further the US feels its the right thing to do because of the way their society lives. Its inhumane what that and the leaders do in the name of religion which is what I've stated many times b4. They don't currently have the freedom to decide

And these people fighting for their way of life are what, dumb? Brainwashed? Indoctrinated?

Why do you think it is anyones place to force out another nations ways and traditions?

link   

Fine then let them kill themselves so sorry for trying to help backwards living people and to promote a peaceful loving world isn't that usually what liberals want tho?

You don't think that their society is inhumane?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Fine then let them kill themselves so sorry for trying to help backwards living people and to promote a peaceful loving world isn't that usually what liberals want tho?

It is not up to you, or me, or anyone else to decide if someone else's society is "inhumane."

The term World Police has a very negative connotation for a reason. Sounds like you'd also support a World Government. Good luck getting any reasonable person behind that BS
edit on 23-12-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I really don't think you and I are that far apart.

To answer about your three options, I think that you could turn all three of those reasonings around as reasons why the 'terrorists' (op's words) do what they do.

My point in all this is certainly not to condone the actions of violence. It is to point out that 'terrorism' is a relative term, and it is something that is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

So its pointless to force muslims to grow up or to force democracy onto them but its ok to stand by and watch their dictators kill their own ppl and commit horrific crimes against humanity because they think they are right?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I don't claim to know what 'liberals' want, as I am not one, and even if I was, I wouldn't be so naive, juvenile and insipid as to generalize any group in that way. Only serves to make the accuser look like the fool they usually are.

I haven't stated what I think of their society. Your generalizations and accusations are truly failing you. But regardless of what I think of that society, I certainly don't think it is the place of ANY outside nation to use violence to push their own ideology on a nation that asked for no help.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Hawking

So its pointless to force muslims to grow up or to force democracy onto them but its ok to stand by and watch their dictators kill their own ppl and commit horrific crimes against humanity because they think they are right?
to force them to grow up? Wow.

When a nation asks for help, they can have it. When they fight the very fact that the us is there, it becomes something else.

You are still proving that you think the US 'knows best' and that other nations should give up their ways for ours. Yet any nation that looks upon the US in such a way is not grown up and are terrorists.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Oh grow up! to you everything is generalization. I am tired of fighting the people who think we shouldn't generalize or label its ridiculous because we all do it! You are doing it too because you believe you are standing up for the rights of terrorists when they hardly had the freedom to choose what religion or way of life they wanted to live they are brainwashed just as much as I apparently am, the only difference is my dream is to run my own company and become financially wealthy. They want to terrorize the west, cause some damage along the way be a martyr to their cause for God and probably some virgins as well

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots and jjf3rd77

Gentlemen,

So its pointless to force muslims to grow up or to force democracy onto them . . . because they think they are right?
I think you're absolutely right. This is their religion, their belief, and if it changes it will only be over time and without force. It's not the West's job to change it for them.

But there is another side to this. Will the Muslims stop trying to enforce a different standard on the West than they use for themselves? Will they open their countries to Jews and Christians and Atheists, as we have opened ours to Muslims? Will they take every possible step to wipe out the image of the US as "The Great Satan?" Will they accept the existence of other countries with different beliefs, instead of talking about their overthrow or conversion? Will they accept fully and honestly the laws of the country they immigrate to, and attempt to join in to the culture and activities of the people without imposing their religious beliefs on others?

The list is long, I'm afraid. Longer than I have shown. But to many people the image of Islam is one of a religion dedicated to the elimination of any competing religions or legal systems. That image has to be overcome.

With respect,
Charles1952

but its ok to stand by and watch their dictators kill their own ppl and commit horrific crimes against humanity

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Oh grow up! to you everything is generalization. I am tired of fighting the people who think we shouldn't generalize or label its ridiculous because we all do it! You are doing it too because you believe you are standing up for the rights of terrorists when they hardly had the freedom to choose what religion or way of life they wanted to live they are brainwashed just as much as I apparently am, the only difference is my dream is to run my own company and become financially wealthy. They want to terrorize the west, cause some damage along the way be a martyr to their cause for God and probably some virgins as well

So now both muslims and I need to grow up? Kinda starting to think YOU have a lot of growing up to do.

1) But please, tell me what I have generalized about in this thread. Id love to see it.
2)I'm sorry you feel that this is a fight. I'm simply discussing, and asking questions.
3)please show me where I have stood up for the rights of terrorists. The only right I have stuck up for is that of each nation to govern as they see fit without being forced into another nations ideologies.
4)so your dream is to live materially and have wealth. That's great. Why do you think everyone needs to have that dream? How do you feel about those that would tell you that your dream is immature and stupid, and that they will change that dream, by force if necessary?
5)I do hope that some day you experience other cultures,and see more of life. If you really think that these nations and people are all the way you describe, you have a lot to learn. I ask again, how many other cultures have you experienced?
6)throwing out insults about a culture that you are so grossly naive about makes year look really, really bad.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Amen. Its up to ALL sides to accept that while it may not make sense to them, allpeople have a right to live as they see fit without having the ways of others forced upon them.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Dear captaintyinknots,

Do you realize we have just solved the Middle East problem! Congratulations to you!

As long as I'm giddy with success, let me try out another idea on you. How about the creation of an International free religion agency? It would have two jobs, to make sure every nation gives freedom to every religion, by allowing everybody access to everything without punishment or restriction, and two to make sure no group threatens the laws of another nation.

What happens when the laws of a nation forbid free access to everything? My first guess, and it's just a guess, is that the nation's laws have to give way to allow religious freedom. But this may be where the tough part comes in. For example, I don't believe that people should be allowed to have their driver's license photo taken with full face covering.

With respect,
charles1952

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Dear op, Muslims did not do 9/11 Israel did.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
You refine heroin for a living, but you have a moral objection to liquor. You might be a Muslim.
You own a $3,000 machine gun and $5,000 rocket launcher, but you can't afford shoes. You might be a Muslim,
You wipe your butt with your bare hand, but consider bacon unclean. You might be a Muslim,
You think vests come in two styles: bullet-proof and suicide. You might be a Muslim,
You consider television dangerous, but routinely carry explosives in your clothing. You might be a Muslim,
You were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other than setting off roadside bombs.
You might be a Muslim,
You have nothing against women and think every man should own at least four. You might be a Muslim,
You can't think of anyone you haven't declared Jihad against. You might be a Muslim..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join