It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does the Left Try so hard to Justify Terrorists in the Middle East?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My guess is that most leftists are completely vaccuous idiots - they have been marinaded in a soup of NWO marxist inspired cultural subversion their whole lives via films,music, school, TV, books. peer pressure etc and have simply absorbed its axioms into their system without ever examining them critically, instead they have been conditioned to respond to 'feel good' factors, PC orthodoxy and moral relativism as the sole criteria for decision making.

For them USA is inherrently evil, white people are guilty, brown,black people are innocent victims, business/profit=badl, Israel=nazis, etc etc.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Some people are predisposed to always support the underdog. The muslims are the underdog because they're not living in developed nations and yet possess much (desired) oil.

That is the primary reason.

The next reason is that many people who feel this way are not practicing christianity or judaism, so they have no religious compulsion to oppose islam (which can be very motivating).

They also feel that religious terrorists are too stupid to be evil. In other words, if you kill someone for a non-religious reason then you're EVIL! But if not then you're insane. It's a different reaction.

The last reason is... the creation of Israel in 1948 was largely driven by zionist motivations. People in this crowd feel that palestine should have been split in a two-state solution. A civil war was already mounting, so the solution must be inclusive, they pleed. Instead, what happened is that the two former resolutions were abandoned and they went with Israel, a one-state solution. Hundreds of thousands of palestinians became refugees overnight. Almost immediately, it was followed by a decleration of war from nearby Arab states. This war still continues to this day.
edit on 22-12-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

The irony here is that we simply refuse to be ignorant of our own ill-actions.

I suppose when you throw the atheist aspect into the mix, you no longer have a god to blame or justify your actions with. You have only your own decisions.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You're absolutely right.

The Christian terrorist in Norway was in no way anything like a jihadist. All he did was blow away many kids. He loves Jesus so it's ok. I understand.

Brown bad

To be clear, I don't justify any terrorism. It's all bad. I dislike any religious zeleot. They're all fundamentally brain washed and just wrong. To suggest that extreme Christians are somehow not as bent or evil as jihadists is just as wrong. The religion doesn;t matter when the outcome is dead ppl for God.

edit on 22-12-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'd like to offer my own favorite reason, and I'd really appreciate criticism.

Consider Christians. They are accused of wanting to condemn non-believers to Hell. Consider Muslims. A number of them, the terrorists, want to condemn non-believers to death. The drives are similar, judge the non-believer and consider their punishment. That's pretty much universal. The two groups diverge from there, with the Christians being called harsh and judgmental, and the Muslims being called insane killers. The difference is what do we on Earth do with the Infidels.

So why does the left approve of the Muslim path? I think there are two influences. One, the left doesn't like Christianity, neither do the Muslims, so why not be friends?

Two, the Muslims find a group they disagree with and use any possible method to get rid of their opponents. I think the Chicago School of Politics really applauds the ruthless wat opposition is dealt with, even if bombing the right is off the table.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I suppose when you throw the atheist aspect into the mix, you no longer have a god to blame or justify your actions with. You have only your own decisions.

Ie the USA=evil, therefore merely acting for its national interest the US = automatically evil, bad, seflish etc.

I suppose when you throw the atheist aspect into the mix, you no longer have a god to blame or justify your actions with. You have only your own decisions

Nothing to do with God, but when you absorb the moral relativism of the left, there is no 'good' only the 'discourse of power'. Combine that with the 'white people = evil racists' meme - then of course siding with brown people is an automatic choice, even better if they are anti-Christian.

Fact is all your political 'choices' have been pre-mapped out for you - it's like cattle being herded by fences.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
The Jihad is strong in Muslim countries.

Jihad means struggle. Jihad is a conversation with God. Feel free to read a book.

They want to ignite a religious war against any non-Muslim believers. Now, of course not all Muslims want this just the extremists, and unfortunately there are a lot of them.

Who is they? You say "they" yet provide no citation. I am just gonna come right out and call you a liar.

Another lame excuse the left gives is that we shouldn't hurt the terrorists because then we should hurt all extremist groups or none at all.

Citation?

We can't kill an idea no and I agree with that, but we can kill the leaders of the movement and show them how wrong they were to attack our country in the name of their religion.

The terrorists who attacked on 9/11 didn't do it because America is not a Muslim nation. They did it to reshape geopolitics, but I can understand how that becomes far too complicated for you and it is easier to just demonize an entire people because "derp-derp-god".

The jihad/extreme Muslim idea is to kill Americans to spread Islam just like we do the same thing to spread democracy.

First off, that is not what Jihad is nor what it is about. Second, you sit right here and point out that America goes and does the same exact things to other countries to spread democracy and then you still think they attacked because god made them do it? You are either purposefully obtuse or borderline retarded.

Muslim extremists attacked us on 9/11 in the name of their God spreading their religious mythology onto others! That is a FACT! Stated by numerous politicians, religious leaders, and International Government Agencies.

Funny, cause you can just google what Osama bin Laden said about the attacks yourself, you can google what these men and individuals wanted to accomplish instead of living in the make-believe world you are stuck in... but I know it won't happen.

Psycho-babble doesn't work on terrorists who hate our country based on their religious mythology and our ideals!

Ah the old "they hate us for our freedoms" schtick. Yeah, how about no? The Holy Qur'an does not read "Hate America because they are not Muslim."

Many of the countries believe our type of education is American or European Propaganda and don't want it taught in their school systems. So, it's their own fault on that one too!

That's because it is and sovereign nations have the right to determine their own school curriculum and educate their populace how they see fit.

The left finds it difficult to reason with right wing religious Americans, how do you expect to talk to extreme Muslims who want to kill America and everything it stands for? You just cannot talk to these people.

How did it go when you spoke to them? Or are you just making this statement with out having actually tried to talk?

Why shouldn't the US, go into those countries and try to "educate" them about democracy?

How would you feel if the Third Reich decided to free you from your constitution and "educate" you about the glories of fascism? Because what you propose is the same damned thing.

If we want them to grow up out of their extreme traditions, this has been pretty much the only way to do so. Force the lesser of two evils onto the people and see what happens. Of course it's not ideal, but if we were living in an ideal world, there would never be any fighting over religion. Hopefully with advances in social networking and the internet those people will begin to wake up and see the error of their ways.

The lesser of two evils for them is Islam. The Arab Spring revolts that created the democratic conversation is now on going, this is correct. Now the people are deciding between voting in the Muslim Brotherhood or a Caliphate or a similarly Islamic political party. Judging from your post I am surprised to see you are happy with the largest political parties that are garnering the most support are those that wish to instate Sharia.

Muslims around the world are not going to give up Islam any faster than Southern Baptists in Alabama are going to renounce Jesus.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Romancing the Jihad

Why are so many on the Left enamored with Islamism?

Ask those on the Left what values they champion, and they will say equality, tolerance, women’s rights, gay rights, workers’ rights, and human rights. Militant Islamists oppose all that, not infrequently through the application of lethal force.

So how does one explain the burgeoning Left-Islamist alliance? I know: There are principled individuals on the Left who do not condone terrorism or minimize the Islamist threat. The author Paul Berman, unambiguously and unashamedly a man of the Left, has been more incisive on these issues than just about anyone else. Left-of-center publications such as The New Republic have not been apologists for radical jihadists.

But The Nation has been soft on Islamism for decades. Back in 1979, editorial-board member Richard Falk welcomed the Iranian revolution, saying it “may yet provide us with a desperately-needed model of humane governance for a third-world country.” Immediately after Sept. 11, 2001, longtime Nation contributor Robert Fisk complained that “terrorism” is a “racist” term................

www.nationalreview.com...

As for jihad meaning an inner struggle - that is just sheer whitewash!, it is it's very minor meaning as understood by most muslims, for whom it overwhelmingly means the struggle against infidels to assert islamic supremecy over them by any method sanctioned by the example of mohammed - which basically sanctions just about every abominable action under the sun.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

What do you think reshaping geopolitics means to extreme Muslims and known terrorists? Muslim domination and the destruction of America, but its clear that you don't like freedom or proper education so go ahead and keep on defending brainwashed religious nutjobs.

And for all those painting the extreme Christians as terrorists (using one example in modern times) that's still ridiculous.

I agree with some of the people here, you cannot use psycho-babble on terrorists! They are too brainwashed by their religious nut job leaders. I mean just look at what just happened in North Korea. They worship kim jong il like a God and refuse to acknowledge what he is. And for the person who said that Nazism is the same thing as Democracy please crawl back into your cave. I'm surprised you found the internet!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum

Ah I see you have returned with out proof for your claims. Must mean you are happy being a liar. To each his own but hey you made my trip to your thread real easy so thanks for that.

I don't have to explain myself to you, I've written everything down in my OP. If you don't believe me why not find more excuses to justify terrorists acts ok? I will happily defend my position! I would think that most people know what terrorists are without having to think about it.
edit on 22-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Some people are predisposed to always support the underdog. The muslims are the underdog because they're not living in developed nations and yet possess much (desired) oil.

That is the primary reason.

The next reason is that many people who feel this way are not practicing christianity or judaism, so they have no religious compulsion to oppose islam (which can be very motivating).

They also feel that religious terrorists are too stupid to be evil. In other words, if you kill someone for a non-religious reason then you're EVIL! But if not then you're insane. It's a different reaction.

The last reason is... the creation of Israel in 1948 was largely driven by zionist motivations. People in this crowd feel that palestine should have been split in a two-state solution. A civil war was already mounting, so the solution must be inclusive, they pleed. Instead, what happened is that the two former resolutions were abandoned and they went with Israel, a one-state solution. Hundreds of thousands of palestinians became refugees overnight. Almost immediately, it was followed by a decleration of war from nearby Arab states. This war still continues to this day.
edit on 22-12-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Thank you for writing a constructive response. I actually agreed with this whole post! Star For you!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Ah I see you have returned with out proof for your claims. Must mean you are happy being a liar. To each his own but hey you made my trip to your thread real easy so thanks for that.

I don't have to explain myself to you, I've written everything down in my OP. If you don't believe me why not find more excuses to justify terrorists acts ok? I will happily defend my position! I would think that most people know what terrorists are without having to think about it.
edit on 22-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

So then, you should have no problem answering my earlier question, that is, why is it that onlythe muslims are terrorists, and not the invading armies waging war to push capitalist ideology?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

If you don't believe me why not find more excuses to justify terrorists acts ok?]

Oh look more lies! You should really stop insulting the intelligence of the people who read this forum. The members of ATS are smart enough to see that you just tried to frame my position in bad light via intellectual dishonesty.

As for you defending your position, stamping your feet and stating you don't have to show proof isn't a defense it is just hilarious.
edit on 22-12-2011 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)

You want proof turn on the news, I'm not going to link to any articles or anything because you are one of those people who will just claim that its propaganda and then try to laugh off the terrorists actions because you are not satisfied with my source.

So I ask again why do you justify terrorists activities in the Middle East? Do you believe that the 3000 innocent people deserved to die on 9/11?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Well, for us the UN and most of the modern world supported GWB's actions at first then things got out of hand and America went on high terror alert on everybody that looked at us wrong or insulted us! And that's our fault.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

Well, for us the UN and most of the modern world supported GWB's actions at first then things got out of hand and America went on high terror alert on everybody that looked at us wrong or insulted us! And that's our fault.

that doesn't answer the question at all. Why don't you consider the people invading nations to force anideology terrorist if they aren't muslim?

UN support or the support of other nations does not mean anything here. Many of these muslim groups and nations have support from others as well. One group labelling another group is moot. You calling them terrorists is no different then their dislike of you for your 'freedom' (which, by the way, is an asinine argument).

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Attention...

Please stick to the topic at hand and refrain from attacking your fellow members. Continued abuse will result in the suspension of posting privileges. In short, you don't want to go there. Adherence to this simple request is expected.

No exceptions.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I'd like to offer my own favorite reason, and I'd really appreciate criticism.

So why does the left approve of the Muslim path? I think there are two influences. One, the left doesn't like Christianity, neither do the Muslims, so why not be friends?

Two, the Muslims find a group they disagree with and use any possible method to get rid of their opponents. .

Yeah I agree with this. Although you have to be careful because I am not talking about all Muslims here just the extremists.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join