It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Things Survival: Show 35: Every Day Survival in a Violent World, Part 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ba07808fc03.jpg[/atsimg]

Thursday, December 22, 2011 at 8:00PM EST

illustrial.net

The gathered a panel of hosts, include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies, with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
Ahabstar
12m8keall2c
Asktheanimals
Advisor
Bear Truth and
David Wendell of Bushcraft On Fire

This one just had to be a two parter, even with a fairly tight schedule of talking points to address. And it is truly everyday things that you can do to be ready and prevent being placed in a bad situation. Many common sense things you can do that you often don't think about.

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us some listeners while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. And be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

edit on 22-12-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Good show..

I hope others got a chance to hear it.. Great information..!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Sorry I missed the show, had a bit of a cold weather survival situation myself, and missed it. A hint to the photography types in the forums here, when you go out to photography the landscape, remember to grab your winter survival kit you brought in out of your vehicle to wash some of the contents (blankets) and take it back out to the vehicle.

I left my lights on, and killed the battery in my truck, I was parked at the top of a hill, off the beaten track a bit, after a few hours of trying to get help but without going to far, I resorted to pushing my truck until I built up momentum to roll down the hill and near a roadway. After about 4 very cold hours, I finally was able to get a boost by a passing vehicle, and get home, I am just glad it was not the dead of winter here, -40 is stupid cold, and can very quickly become an issue without the proper equipment, including a winter vehicle survival kit.

new topics

join