It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Four Star Generals write New York Times demanding Obama Veto the NDAA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+87 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Two Four Star Generals write New York Times demanding Obama Veto the NDAA

theintelh ub.com

Two four star Marine generals have written a stunning op-ed in the New York Times which demands that President Obama veto the National Defense Authorization Act, a bill that allows the government to use the military to indefinitely detain American citizens without due process.

Charles C. Krulak and Joseph P. Hoar, both 4 star Marine generals, published the piece on December 12. The op-ed starts with a direct demand that President Obama veto the NDAA bill in order to protect our country from the “false choice between our safety and ideals.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
intelwars .com
usapart isan.com

+31 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Wow.. About damn time, that the military is standing up to Obama. Even retired Generals carry a lot of weight still. Its good to see these fine men standing up for the American people. They need to be working there contacts at the Pentagon to get this B.S pulled as quickly as possible.

This needs to be stopped, This slowly eroding of our freedoms make me sick as a former Military Police officer. I would never as an MP enforce any laws that pertain to indefinite arrest. Its Crap and every one knows it.

How much longer are Americans going to stick their head in the sand? At what cost will it take for them remember they can revolt? Will it take America becoming the 4th Reich?

I hope that these two fine men, Even tho they are Marines I won't hold that against them. Lead the revolt that needs to happen. I see the writing on the wall, I'm pretty sure that most of ATS does too, A civil war is coming. Might not be today but I think it will happen in the next ten years.

theintelh ub.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
They should say OR ELSE we'll tell all our troops to refuse any new order from Obama.

That would be neat.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
wow thats supprising as it is refreshing! Im happy to see that even indeviduals in the militry are also against this AND are speaking out about it.

Good stuff, on a bad subject

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Nice article. Its good to see that even military personel in the highest of ranks recognizes that the NDAA violates the constitution of the American People.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Where did the NDAA originate.

Who is pushing it?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
People don't always see that we can speak our minds in the Military. That Soldier can disobey a direct order if it is unlawful. We need to as soldiers remember that we can do that, and that they cannot do a damn thing about it.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Who is pushing it?

Obama and his jackasses are pushing it. here is a bit of reading if you want to know about NDAA

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Who is pushing it?

Ndaa National defense Authorization act is the yearly funding for the military it is passed as a bill every year( Per law) and like the military comissions (officer comissions) acts that get voted on and passed every year a great place to hide "riders".

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
just as fulford is saying...the asian superpower families are pulling the rug out from under the NWO-engineered system we have. it makes sense that the military and the pentagon and EVERYONE outside the Obama Administration is displeased and speaking against the Obama regime now.

it's the syncopation of A LOT of different significant factors joining together to take the power out of the hands of the NWO, once and for all..in order to start building steps for a more free society in the coming golden age.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Very Interesting. I'm just curious if any one thinks George Sr. Jr., Mitt, or Newt would also have approved this?

Do you think this is a power postion for the president position for control, or a Obama/Demo act of control.

And hats off to the Generals either way! Looks like they WANT to have our backs!

link   
It makes one wonder if the NDAA passes and the army are called on to the street, which side would they take? I would like to think the people. Which by the looking of these generals, you wouldn't hesitate to believe there's a chance of that.

link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Who is pushing it?

Ndaa National defense Authorization act is the yearly funding for the military it is passed as a bill every year( Per law) and like the military comissions (officer comissions) acts that get voted on and passed every year a great place to hide "riders".

Thank you for real information without the Obama bashing.

So this is a new/current rider - - which purpose is intended to do what?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Excellent!

I only hope this starts a real trend in patriots taking a visible, public stand against the oncoming tyranny.

And yes, 4 Star Marine Generals may not be part of the 99%, but they will be just as affected by this fascist law as everyone else if it is not stopped!

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

“I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Domestic = Specifically those charged with positions held in City, State or Federal government.

Here is a better version:

“I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, to include any member of the government regardless of position in my chain of command; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me Founding Fathers.”

Either one should do the trick, but the 2nd just seems more righteous...hopefully our troops keep this in mind, though it's hard enough just to remember your General Orders.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Whats not to bash about Obama? Are we not supposed to Bash a Traitor? I voted for the man, worst mistake of my life but I did it. "Yes WE can" destroy this country, if ever there was a President needed killed for Treason its this man. History will remember that America fell because of him.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Very Interesting. I'm just curious if any one thinks George Sr. Jr., Mitt, or Newt would also have approved this?

Of course they would have. Obama is just a pawn.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You should have specified "Retired" in your title. It is generally frowned upon for Officers to be writing political op-eds when they are active. It can get you thrown out as it's seen as making the military a political force.

Once you are retired you can write anything you please as long as it isn't classified.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2012 is a controversial bill that has been passed by both houses of Congress separately, and a final version approved by the Senate on December 15, 2011.[1][2][3] Though the White House[4] and Senate sponsors[5] maintain that the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists (AUMF) already grants presidential authority for indefinite detention, the Act legislatively codifies[6] the President's authority to indefinitely detain terrorism suspects, including American citizens, without trial as defined in Title X, Subtitle D, SEC 1031(a-e) of the bill.[7] Because those who may be held indefinitely include U.S. citizens arrested on American soil, and because that detention may be by the military, the Act has received critical attention by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and media sources.[8][9][10][11][12]

from wiki

passed both houses and the senate, and soon the president. make no mistake ppl, EVRYONE is against us, both parties and our elected leaders.

i guess this things been passed every year for 48 years now, but this time indefinite detention is being added.
edit on 22-12-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join