It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I humbly present a way to respond to the anti-OWS mindset.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
These are my words. I used them in another thread.

Feel free to improve on them either grammatically or semantically. Post this to Reddit (r/ows) even. I don't care about attribution, or credit.

All those things you claim they are doing ("harassment"), was and is in the name of getting you deluded sheeple to get your heads out of your own asses.

If they protested "out of the way" in "Free Speech Zones", you would never see them, and go about your merry little way, to Starbucks, or McDonald's, or Walmart, or some office drone job where you are getting paid just enough to keep you there.

Are some of them misguided? Yes. Are some of them over-zealous? Yes. Are some of them immature, ignorant, anarchists desperately looking for a larger group to latch on to? Yes. Are some of them agent provocateurs? Yes.

None of that lessens the legitimacy of the underlying principle.

They will be getting in your face, because they care for you. Because you are too complacent and/or ignorant to care yourself.

There is nothing you can personally do about it, except complain about it on a forum (and bring more attention to their cause), or call the police. You are doing more good than harm with threads like these.

Sorry it is inconvenient for you that people are fighting for your Constitutional rights.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by inivux

Your paragraph sounds as though most of it could be applied to any missionary group waving their doctrines in your face as you try to get on the bus, or standing outside your shop door to try to convert all your customers. try rereading your Opening Post with that in mind and see what I mean.

Is there any reason to dislike OWS?

. . . ("harassment"), was and is in the name of getting you deluded sheeple to get your heads out of your own asses.

They will be getting in your face, because they care for you. Because you are too complacent and/or ignorant to care yourself.
I don't know, I could certainly understand it if someone said to them "Stop calling me names, I'll run my own life, thank you."

There is nothing you can personally do about it, except complain about it on a forum (and bring more attention to their cause), or call the police. You are doing more good than harm with threads like these.
Well, if we're helping OWS by complaning about them, I suppose you want me to complain about them more, right? So "I humbly present a way to respond to the anti-OWS mindset," involves cheering the anti-OWSers on and telling them to be more vocal about their complaints?

Maybe apologies are in order. I may have been too harsh. My comments were definitely borderline. But I would appreciate it if you explain where i went wrong in looking at your post.

edit on 22-12-2011 by charles1952 because: correct word usage

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well right away I'll say that calling people that disagree with you 'sheeple' and implying they 'have their heads up their asses' is not going to win any points.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by inivux

All those things you claim they are doing ("harassment"), was and is in the name of getting you deluded sheeple to get your heads out of your own asses.

The American people you want on your side will not respond well to being insulted. This is not a way to get others to see things your way.

If they protested "out of the way" in "Free Speech Zones", you would never see them...

I don't mind seeing them at all. As a matter of fact I pass by Occupy Reno everyday and simply don't care

go about your merry little way, to Starbucks, or McDonald's, or Walmart,

Please don't tell me to go to Starbucks. That's just mean. Please respect your fellow ATSers enough to not insult their taste in coffee. Don't ask me to go to McDonal's because that is asking me to simply put poison in my body, that would defeat the fruits of everybody suddenly thinking your way.. Lastly, as long as Wal-Mart offers Federal 5.56mm rounds for plinking for $5 a box I will go there.

or some office drone job where you are getting paid just enough to keep you there.

That's what responsible people do every day. And yes, people do work for their money. The problem is that most people who do work for their money don't even bother trying to learn how to work WITH their money. If they did, America would be far better off. This includes people on Wall St and in government.

No self respecting government would choose to absorb loses on behalf of private interests. No self respecting businessperson would entertain the idea of saddling the US tax payer with their debt and think it would work out well for them in the end, indeed, only criminals do that. But the argument has gone from the criminals who did this to "rich white guys" or "everyone on Wall St." An awfully broad and all encompassing accusation as to make you believe that they have truly identified the enemy.

Between bailouts, QE1 and 2, backstopping an indeterminate amount of Fannie and Freddie debt, and never seeing the inside of a courtroom, I have to agree that this is the kind of thing that inspires people to light torches and sharpen pitchforks. But in the end how you actually channel that anger will determine the success of the "freedom" you're seeking to see realized, you can usually tell the outcome of these revolutions by the ferocity and viciousness by which their leaders and components act. Always be careful what you wish for.

Are some of them misguided? Yes. Are some of them over-zealous? Yes. Are some of them immature, ignorant, anarchists desperately looking for a larger group to latch on to? Yes. Are some of them agent provocateurs? Yes.

All the more reason to avoid it. I don't associate with people who are anarchists and "revolutionaries". I like normal people who are just trying to live their lives right and are constantly being stepped on BECAUSE of people who talk down to them. Example "deluded sheeple" and being told "get your heads out of your own asses." This is typically a role filled by government, are you saying this is the role OWS should take as well?

None of that lessens the legitimacy of the underlying principle.

Oh sure, of course not. Belittling people never does that.

Oh boy.

They will be in my face because I can't care for me? Man that sounds a lot like government we have now.

There is nothing you can personally do about it..

Well see here's the problem. Until you decided to tell me that I don't have a choice I was perfectly willing to ignore the conspiracy theory that OWS wants to overthrow the country and replace it...But with what?

You are doing more good than harm with threads like these.

I am indeed doing that right now.

Sorry it is inconvenient for you that people are fighting for your Constitutional rights.

Nothing you posted was nearly as ignorant as this statement. Because after all of the orders you just so Authoritatively directed toward the "American Sheeple" it sure sounds like what you are really fighting for is Dictatorship.

Sorry it's so hard to get other people to think your way when this is your asinine and insulting idea on how to do it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

The art of duping the masses into doing things to their own disadvantage and making them believe it is "the will of people" is as ancient as mankind itself.

Part two of this pamphlet. OWS'ers are not aware of how well they've been punk'd.

new topics

top topics

join