It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family captures 'Ghost of Christmas Past' on cell phone video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Can you see the alleged ghost in this video? What do you suppose could have caused this effect? I do not personally believe in ghosts but cannot rule out the possibility. Interesting footage never the less.

www.abc57.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Heck of a video there. Not sure what to make of it?!?

I can definitely see what looks like a woman sweeping. Them saying they could see it in the phone while filming but not with the naked eye leads me to think it may be some sort of flare from the Christmas tree lights? Grasping a bit there but just a thought. The video is quite a bit pixelated so its a bit hard to draw any conclusions, it was only clear really for a few seconds if that.

Certainly an uneducated guess though and certainly an interesting video. thanks for sharing it. makes one really wonder.
edit on 22-12-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Light reflection of the window!

And this is worthy of a news story! Facepalm
edit on 22-12-2011 by RandalFlagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I couldn't see anything. I looked at this video several times, but could not pick out this supposed ghost. There is one brief moment near the end of the video that seems to show someone there, but that only lasted for a couple of seconds. Difficult to tell what I'm looking at....

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Video is not very clear

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Worse video ever, who still have flip phones? hehe

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm not really buying it. The fact that it was taken on a Verizon flip phone doesn't give it much credibility either... Too many variables. Who is to say it's not just a reflection from something else, or a product of the poor quality "camera" itself?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
But nonetheless, I do love seeing these kinds of stories. Thanks for posting!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by csuldm
I'm not really buying it. The fact that it was taken on a Verizon flip phone doesn't give it much credibility either... Too many variables. Who is to say it's not just a reflection from something else, or a product of the poor quality "camera" itself?

I agree there are too many variables. My eye site is piss poor so I can barely see anything as it is

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Pretty piss poor video, it's that time of the year when crap like this makes it on the news because of Christmas.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
i could see some white/colour splotches in amongst the black horrible quality of the video. Next time get a better phone with 12 MP camera.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
i could see some white/colour splotches in amongst the black horrible quality of the video. Next time get a better phone with 12 MP camera.

I did not take the photo but if I ever do see a ghost I will use a 12 MP camera.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Better yet, check out the ear lobes on that man giving the interview, they are huge with huge holes.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
i could make out a kind of shadow but nothing like a woman sweeping,not sure if the guy said but what was the video meant to be looking at in the first place ?? the tree,some presents ?? the family dog ??

i like things like this but not clear enough for me to make a proper decision.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Reminds me of the video where a young guy is filming two of his friends in Indonesia and this gollum type entity starts slinking into the field of view in front of the camera, the guy couldn't see this entity alien except through his cellphone video window...

Something with cheap cellphone vid cameras?
Maybe since they capture frames at a slower rate, something bleeds through

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

It isn't a news story. It's a human interest story.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
At least its not Jesus in a sock !!!!

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well considering its from a flip a phone, the quality will be extremely poor maybe VGA or at least about 1.3 mega pixels (i know this due to working with phones on a daily basis) manages to create a lot of matrixing, especially if theirs alot of light reflection. I maybe wrong but just seems they need a new phone to me.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What IS interesting to me is that the claim that the image resembles what the Grandmother had claimed to have seen in the house before she herself passed away....

I feel that this is a residual energy from long ago....
Simply Because we used brooms way back then and before the vacuum cleaner which is used today.

The low light conditions aren't good for any camera but they are good for ghosts to appear in..

This looks very similar to the ghost I have seen in my own home. It too was a very faint gray color but not bright at all but a very faint glow moving against the dark background.

Unfortunately it's less than optimal conditions for any camera...they are lucky that they caught even this faint image.

Pretty neat stuff.

Thanks for posting that OP !

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So is the flip phone the ghost of christmas past ??? lol video looks too blotchy to really make out however if something like that poped out on my phone id come here first not the dang news !!!!! thanks for sharring!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join