It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel nixes multi-million dollar defense contract with Turkey amid continued tensions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Sale of aerial surveillance equipment manufactured by Israeli defense firm Elbit Systems canceled out of fear it would fall into enemy hands, namely Iran.

A defense contract with Turkey worth an estimated $140 million was canceled at the last minute, out of fears that information regarding the aerial surveillance systems to be sold would fall into enemy hands, it was reported on Thursday.
The Defense Ministry announced over the past few days that it intended to stop the sale of the equipment manufactured by Israeli electronic defense firm Elbit Systems to Turkey.

sou rce

This is getting confusing... Turkey is a member of NATO , and isn't NATO an ally of Israel ?
I understand since the flotilla incident, relations between Israel and Turkey have been difficult, but since
Turkey might go to war with Syria, I thought it meant they were on their way to making peace again...

I guess I was wrong.

edit on 22-12-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Israel cares for no one. When the US has done all the work for them, they will backstab us as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Israel is run by paranoid people. Always has been. Always will be.

Turkey can buy whatever they want from NATO... yet none of it EVER made it to Iran... yet Israel is pulling this crap...

Paranoid I tell ya.
edit on 22-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

new topics

join