It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul At 52% in Iowa(NY Times)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
woot!

awesome!

thank you

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i'm astounded that ron paul is doing so well dispite the media bias. there is no substitute for honesty, steadfast principles, or practical approaches.

however...a government as controlled as ours seems to be can't allow someone like him to win. if ron paul gets the nomination, he'll win. for the sake of our nation, lets pray he does.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I decided this elections to stay home and sit, why because no political leader in this nation coming from the two elite parties are working for the people at all, they are corrupted and have corrupted our nations political system, also we can not forget that the real power in the government comes from Wal street

Now I can not deny that the news seems to be hinting that Ron Paul is actually gaining enough attention on polls to make it worthy.

I am not fan of Ron Paul but is nice to see that finally somebody else in this nation can get a chance to the presidency

Still I do not keep my hopes too high because in America politics are all bought and pay for.

And if Ron Paul comes to power people needs to remember that he will be a puppet of those that runs the government.

It will be amusing to see how he will be fighting that power that starts with the crocks in congress.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

that is kind of how i feel, but we have to try. ron paul will be like a single match in a large cave of darkness. i don't think a single match is enough to find our way out, but better to try than sit in the dark.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
did any of you catch what that woman say @ 0:30 ?

" this is pretty incredible , this is not something that you see normally on CNN "

what ?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Trust me i am reconsidering if I should just go out there and vote for Paul just for the fun of it, I can even influence my entire family on this one as all of them are also very angry with what is going on right now in our nations capitol.

But is always that nagging feeling that elections are already been decided for us, Obama will be president again because he is good to the powers that be.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Lol, Lowkey intro. Thought you'd posted the wrong video for a moment

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Trust me i am reconsidering if I should just go out there and vote for Paul just for the fun of it, I can even influence my entire family on this one as all of them are also very angry with what is going on right now in our nations capitol.

But is always that nagging feeling that elections are already been decided for us, Obama will be president again because he is good to the powers that be.
Hey there,

not voting at all is the only chance that nothing will change. It may change for the better or the worse, but if you are not happy with what the current POTUS does, then why let him do that for another period?

I hope Ron Paul will win this election. In my opinion that is the only option that will not lead to a war with Iran, we Europeans are kinda worried about that. You know, you are not on the same continent as Iran, don't really have to fear a nuclear missile, plenty of space and time the missile will take to land, plenty of time to react.
But you should think about your allies over sea, who are within an hour or two travel time for a missile.

Ron Paul is, as far as I know, the only candidate who would veto a war with Iran. Also, he is the only one not only talking about a balanced household, but already with a plan how to do it.

Go out on election day and vote for him. Bring as many people as you can.

Sincerely,
a worried european.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I have to wonder: what is making this primary any different from 2008?
I don't get it. Well yes I do. They're letting him win this time. But then I have to wonder: why!?
For some reason I feel this might be a set up. Because after all, there's no election. Only selection.
Ron Paul won the straw polls in 2008 but yet dropped out.

New topic:

Is it legal (not that our Constitution even matters anymore but...) for a father and son to run on one ticket? Can Ron choose Rand to run with him (man, that sounds like a tongue twister)?

Personally I'd love to see Jesse Ventura get on board with Paul.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I have to wonder: what is making this primary any different from 2008?
I don't get it. Well yes I do. They're letting him win this time.

"They are letting him win?"

Lol

This is in last 24 hours

Coordinated media attack against Ron Paul

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You are presenting old data.

elections.nytimes.com...

They now have Mitt Romney and Ron Paul tied at 40% for "chance of winning" and Romney a slight edge on "projected vote range".

And your title is misleading anyways...the "52%", which is now 40% does not mean he is polling at 52%...it is a calculated percent of how much of a chance they have to win...calculated by this one person.

edit on 23-12-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
A couple quick thoughts;

1) He is being allowed to win in the polls because something smells rotten. Don't know what that is just yet, but there is a wind a blowin'. I think he is clean, but something around him is not. Hell, they might allow him to win, and if that's the case, things are worse than we thought. I'm a Paul supporter, but if he makes it, it is because TPTB don't care anymore. And as they say, love me or hate me but spare me your indifference.

2) Why vote? I hoped for change and all I got was duped. I believe that the voting system itself is completely corrupt, let alone what it represents. To participate in that sort of system means that you have to "put your soul at hazard. And I ain't willin' to do that". Voting means that you think that the system still works and that you are willing to put yourself out there in terms of hope. Without hope, without fear.

3) Undiagnosed, preexisting heart condition.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

This thread is misleading. He is at 27% I believe, but has a 52% chance of winning.
I support him and I like those odds, but I just wanted to clear that up.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Instead of creating a new thread on it, here is Yahoo/ABC news trying to bash Ron Paul as hard as they can, based on the newsletter from 20+ years ago. Here is the link news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Actually watch it again. OP is forgiven, the people in the actual video misinterpreted it as 50% percent of people!
Media slant in Pauls favor?! or just really dumb reporters.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Just dumb reporters...but that doesn't excuse the OP...we shouldn't spread mis-information on ATS.

A lot of people think that what they read on ATS is golden truth...so the OP should change his title and explain what people are seeing here instead of feeding them false information.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
If RP can pull off Florida then I will be a true believer in his following, dont get me wrong I would love it if RP won the GOP nomination but this is just the first straw poll and I believe Baukman won it the first time around.

Let be happy now but wait for it to be more solid before we get our hopes ruined...(like Obama does to the sheep that voted for him every day)

And its time for a revolution if:

A) Obama wins again
B) Rick Perry or Mitt win
C) Pushed into a war with Iran (drones are ok though)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
EXTRA! ... EXTRA! ... Read all about it ...

" Israeli Firm Will Count Iowa Vote! "

source : ______beforeitsnews/story/1543/889/Israeli_Firm_Will_Count_Iowa_Vote.html

edit on 23-12-2011 by seasoul because: Ron Paul represents the truth ...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Ron Paul At 52% in Iowa(NY Times

Awesome! I'm thinking this is going to frost a few backends in the GOP. All those cigar filled back room discussions that Carl Rove has with TPTB ... betchya he's got a massive headache and a frosted butt because his crown prince - Romney - isn't the one with 52%.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
They are so scared of this. The talking heads at Fox and other anti-paul advocates blow my mind on how they try and talk trash about Dr. Paul but have nothing credible to say about him. These are the kind of idiots who are given a shovel and told to dig a hole only they are to stupid to see the hole is for them.

I'm glad people are finally waking up and are getting fed up with the b.s. the system has become.

Time for an overhaul.

Ron Paul 2012

Who's scared? Why is this a conspiracy? Who's "waking" up? Fox News is on one hand the mouth piece of the Republican Party, nothing more than paid dis-info agents....and on the other......Mr. Paul is a Republican and in this case “they” are against him? Do you realize "waking up" is an obnoxious, self-important term; as though your heads and tails above everyone else?

The simple fact is Mr. Paul's populist positions play well with highly motivated, passionate, primary voters. This is not a sampling of the general electorate, who will have many months to vet out the entirety of his decades long service (and statements). This is the problem.

Remember the primaries, four years ago? Who was in the lead? Who went on to win the nomination? The issue for the republican establishment isn’t due to any fabricated boogymen. It’s about winning the Whitehouse. If Mr. Paul wins the primaries, his entire body of political work will fall under scrutiny. Every wacky thing (as far as the general electorate is concerned) he’s said will fall under the microscope. All the things you (the royal you) like to forget about his past, the media at large and certainly his opponent, wont. Look at the shock in this very forum over Mr. Paul being asked about claimed racism. Do I think Mr. Paul is a racist? Heck no!

Putting someone up against President Obama who can win is THE issue. This forum is not representative of the general all around public. It’s a conspiracy web site. Outside of this vacuum, there are political realities that will not be ignored.

Again, for the record, I am 100% pro-Paul. I am also a realist. The more we sit in our echo chamber and bury our head in the sand as to the political realities of an election, the more we stand to loose. I am simply trying to interject realistic conversation into and otherwise rabidly obsessed political view point that, ultimately, leads to failure.

If we can’t put the fantasy of Mr. Paul down, and realize the political reality of Mr. Paul, he’ll never win. I’ve often though the reason Mr. Paul doesn’t get any further than he does is because of his supporters’ refusal to acknowledge his baggage. Don’t run from it. Don’t label everything a conspiracy (it comes across as kooky, and quite frankly, is) and deal with these issues at a grass roots level.

Oh, and push yourself away from the keyboard and go vote.

Again, for the record, I am 100% pro Mr. Paul.

edit on 23-12-2011 by SlightlyAbovePar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join