Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Israel officials: Security Council criticism on West Bank violence 'disgusting'

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The discussion's focal points were the so-called "price tag" attacks against Palestinians in the West Bank; continued settlement construction; and claims that Israel refused to provide the Quartet with its stances on issues such as borders and security arrangements in a future peace deal with the Palestinians. "The whole debate was conducted in a disgusting manner," a Foreign Ministry official with knowledge of the UNSC proceedings told Haaretz, adding that "Israel was assaulted with every minute detail, mentioning every mosque that was torched and arguing that state authorities weren't doing anything to stop settler attacks against Palestinians." Foreign Ministry officials said that the EU representatives "hijacked" the session, when, following it, they decided to release a joint statement detailing the contents of the sealed meeting. In the statement the diplomats criticized the council's failure to take action against escalating violence by Israeli settlers and urged a speedy resumption of Israeli-Palestinian negotiations.

Well from what I've seen Israel ISN'T doing anything to stop the attacks against the Palestinians. Is it really that hard to get called out on it? Perhaps it struck a nerve? I think more people are outraged over Israel's actions than EU reps calling them out on it. I sure am. Both sides in that conflict need to grow up in my opinion.

Link

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It sounds like they were pissed that they couldn't flood their controlled western media with a bunch of BS Israel-friendly propaganda before this report came out.

After all, they are the only "democracy" in the Middle East... right? A shining example of everything right and good in the world and anyone who says otherwise is obviously a terrorist and anti-semite! So there!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Israel are the terrorist, plain and simple.

These links prove it.

Jewish Extremists Attack Christmas Carolers

Abbas: Hamas agreed to renounce terror

Knesset to vote on annexing West Bank

Unesco gives Palestinians full membership (Israel rejects the decision)

Israel Blames Palestinians for Deadlock in Talks

Israel okays 1,600 settler homes for East Jerusalem

Israel Digs Trench to Isolate Farms in the Jordan Valley

Israel needs to snap into reality, the world sees what's really happening and they're sick of it. Israel's deceitful tactics are no longer working. They can bitch and moan all they want but they are the terrorists.
edit on 22-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I used to be pretty pro Israel until I started looking into it more. I'm pretty disgusted with almost everything hey do at this point. I'm all for them protecting their nation, but not the way they're doing it. They just make it worse for everyone.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It's not their nation. The West Bank is illegally occupied land.

How about the Palestinians protect themselves against the illegal occupational forces. Israeli law does now fall within Palestinian jurisdiction. The illegal occupiers are illegally enforcing laws that do not apply to them in the first place. In reality it is the occupational forces who are the criminals, not the Palestinians.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
How dare the people of the world criticize Israeli actions

Gods chosen people can do what ever they please.

Jewish settlers burn mosque in Jerusalem and vow similar attacks

At least there are non Zionists who speak out against these atrocities.

Rabbi Froman: Deport mosque burners

And of course the hatred fueled rallies.

Sabotaging the Palestinians crops.

Anyone who points out these events surely must be a Jew hating Anti-Semite, right?

Israel needs to own up to it's actions. If you're accused of something that you have been proven to do, do not turn it around and demonize the victims. This trickery is getting old.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Israel seems to think that they are above criticism no matter what they do.

Actions speak louder than propaganda. Israel needs to put up or shut up. Stop killing people, stop imprisoning people, stop lying to the world, stop stealing land... then maybe the people of the world will trust Israel a little more.

Of all the nations our governments accuse of being violent and dangerous, Israel is the only one systematically stealing land. They refuse to allow inspection of their nuclear arms. They have an entire people under a blockade. We have seen them committing war crimes on global live TV, while they stand there and deny it!

The idea that any sane person can STILL support that violent regime is beyond my comprehension.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Of all the nations our governments accuse of being violent and dangerous, Israel is the only one systematically stealing land.

Well they can do no wrong since they are such a strategic ally to have.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Israel wasn't very happy about this announcement either:

European Poll: Israel Biggest Threat To World Peace

Anytime they face harsh criticism, they resort to this old trick:

The Zionists are masters of deception with many tools at their disposal, the American government is one of those tools. By association the American tax payers are also part of this club regrettably. It's time for some change. Ron Paul perhaps?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I used to be pretty pro Israel until I started looking into it more. I'm pretty disgusted with almost everything hey do at this point. I'm all for them protecting their nation, but not the way they're doing it. They just make it worse for everyone.

L
L
that's nothing i have Sephardi ancestry and was so religious and studious as a child
that up until i was 12 their was serious debate in the family and the community
on whether i was going to become a catholic priest
or a rabbi

then at 12 as a result of my studies and the red pill i wound up declaring myself an atheist

my interest in conspiracy theory pretty much settled it, as to my becoming the black sheep of the family

the old hebrew prophets would NO DOUBT be declared terrorists by the zionist psychopaths

thats what israel and judaism need now: somebody to go old testament
on the zionist trash a la Elijah vs the prophets of baal.
edit on 22-12-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join