It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the Hulk's pants always stay on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Everything else rips away, yet his pants always stay on. Are they pants with an expandable waistline? And where can I buy them?

Peace

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Spandex

Go shopping....www.nextag.com...
edit on 22-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There's no way you can be 20 feet tall, weigh a ton and wear pants with a size 32 waistline.

Plus, I can't find purple pants anywhere.

Peace

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
He has them custom made so as to not disclose his obvious use of steroids. Or maybe hes embarrassed of the color of his genitals, either are plausible.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Purple pants just for you....

www.evo.com...=49273.Color.Softgoods_Ink_Image.jpg

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Stan Lee answered this question in an interview with Eric Spitznagel of Vanity Fair (March, 2011). You can read the transcript on ComicBookMovie.com.

VF: If it weren’t for the Comics Code, would the Hulk’s pants have ripped off like his shirt?

Stan Lee: I guess it probably would have. So occasionally the Code did some good things.

VF: Did you ever try to make sense of the Hulk’s magical purple pants? Why did they always conveniently remain intact while the rest of his clothes were ripped to shreds?

Stan Lee: I just figured that Bruce Banner had probably been a friend of Reed Richards [Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic Four], and Reed had given him some elastic trousers. There’s an explanation for everything, but you may not be technically advanced enough to follow me on all of this.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Some things cannot be explained.

edit on 22-12-2011 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

the reason his pants stay on is because - if they didnt you would see huge green genitals

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's quite scientific. The gamma rays affected the cotton in his pants to the extent that they became an optical illusion. The Hulk is actually naked.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well it saves them drawing a 10 foot green dong in every scene

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Cause a huge green Weinie hanging out in a kids book is probably not the best marketing ploy in the world so they stay... I for one am grateful of it too!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Well i would say thats a way of doing censorship

i mean seriously , even i thought why it stays on ... Even if u look at cartoon shows , and some guy just expands into a huge monster , then atleast its pant stays on if not the shirt hehe . funny isnt it.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Superhero Store

We sell expanding pants for the Hulk, and Kryptonite razor blades for Superman's close shave.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I really want to know the answer to this! There must be some sort of magic going on there because not only do they stretch out and rip and that, but they go back to a normal size (aka not tent like) on Banner when he shrinks back down.

Also, why are they always purple? I've never seen Banner wear purple trousers, but they always seem to be purple on the Hulk!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love
Expandable, purple pants. Isn't Bruce Banner supposed to be a doctor/physicist or something? What doctor goes around in purple pants? Dr. of Pimpology?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
So that his thingy is not exposed to small kids !! duh !!
Besides in comics and cartoons , everything is possible ... The author / cartoonist doesn't need to give a scientific explanation to the effects of a situation.

edit on 12-5-2013 by TheChildhoodLane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
In a universe where the women look like this

I'll allow for magic purple pants.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, the pants is also affected by gamma ray, which also colors it purple whenever Bruce Banner turns into the Hulk... somehow.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Well it saves them drawing a 10 foot green d ong in every scene

Lmao!

top topics

join