It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bo(Obama's dog) Get's His Own Plane!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Your tax dollars being spent wisely!

Apparently, after Michelle O and the girls, along with the First dog Bo, flew off to Obama's birthplace in Hawaii fo Xmas(Barack stayed behind to work on the payroll tax bill), Obama either go lonely without Bo or needed him for a photo-op. So Bo was flown back to to DC, of course on our dime.

blogs.suntimes.com...

www.whitehousedossier.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That's nice. President wastes more than some people make in a year flying his dog home. Fantastic. I'm embarrassed.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I do not know who thinks it sends a positive message that the presidents must have some sort of pet to show that they have the pulse of the people. Personally, I am getting tired of my taxes paying to feed those little mongrels that they have running around. Having a damn dog does not make you a good leader and I am not exactly sure what kind of message it is supposed to be sending but it is bs regardless. That little POS is probably running around pissing on everything.
edit on 22-12-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Either these reports are mistaken, or Bo was told his vacation was over and that he had to return to the White House to keep a lonely president company

It’s possible he hitched a ride on a return flight of the Air Force plane that brought Michelle from Hawaii, which wouldn’t have really added much to Michelle’s more than $100,000 price tag for her solo trip.

I agree that this is all just wasteful spending on the American dime, but this article has no proof of what you claim in the OP. The article itself says that the dog may have just went back with the jet, not getting a ride on the jet specifically to pick up the dog and bring him home.

If you want to bash Obama, do it. Don't stretch the truth or assume facts to make nothing into something.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Scott Miscovich, who lives down the street from the now-famous five-bedroom rental home on Kailuana Place, said media and security presence in the area has so far been “very subtle.”

“My wife saw Michelle and the kids passing by and we’ve seen Bo (the Obamas’ dog) walking,” Miscovich said. “There hasn’t been much going on so far. It’s been very low-key compared to when the president is here.”

www.staradvertiser.com...

Obviously the dog was on the beach and not just flying on the plane and went back on it.. Why would they fl the plane back without Obama's , assuming AF2 was used?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

If all Ron Paul supporters are as misleading as you seem to have been here, then it's Obama all the way.

Your first link doesn't support your post, and the second is from a White House opponent who admits that the story is speculation and offers no facts to stand it up.

Maybe you could take some of your wasted computer time to help an elderly person do some shopping.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hawaii Quarantine Laws

Unless you're crossing national borders, you don't usually need to worry about special restrictions on taking your dog with you. But if you want to take your pet for a tropical vacation, you need to know that Hawaii quarantines all dogs - except guide and service dogs that meet certain require-ments - when they enter the state.

The current quarantine period is 120 days, 30 days, or up to five days, depending on what rabies testing is done before the dog arrives in Hawaii.

So why is the 'first dog' getting special treatment and getting around the mandatory 120 day quarantine law?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Very nice, just another new way for obonga to troll us and spend tax payer money.
chavez was right when he said "he's a clown".

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

The point is that your OP is pure conjecture, but you claim that the dog "got his own plane". Until solid evidence is presented, it seems as though your OP is false.
edit on 22-12-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Well. I would hope Drudge Report got the same treatment from you as they had a headline like mine about this issue also!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
As much as the thought of Obama makes my head hurt, and leaves a sour taste in my mouth, this thread and the articles are misleading. Some people just look for anything that they can stretch, and twist around just so they have something new to complain about. Come on, Obama does plenty to give people things to complain about, there is no reason to start making things up, or at very least speculating on vague facts.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Is this one of those things that they make up and rehash over and over again from President to President? Kind of like the Holiday Tree and Vacation day crap that people change the names and then start spreading again. I swear the stuff that is spead on the net as fact has created an entire generation of suckers.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Your sources aren't very reliable and the second site seems like a blog with someones opinion on how they thought the dog got back to Obama.

Now the govt may not make the best financial decisions but do you really think they would fly a dog all by itself back to DC? People hate on Obama and Michelle but if I remember from reading correctly she buys her own clothes, nothing super expensive and if I also remember correctly they used their own money to decorate the White House. So I just don't see either one of them feeling ok with flying a DOG back to DC on a plane via tax payers...

It seems some people want to nit pick everything they do and it's a bit ridiculous.

**edit to add, just with a basic google search on this the only sites that come up are sites like The Examiner and Daily Mail or other such tabloid sites...
edit on 12/22/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
People hate on Obama and Michelle but if I remember from reading correctly she buys her own clothes, nothing super expensive and if I also remember correctly they used their own money to decorate the White House.

Michelle Obama Gazillion Dollar Custom Made Designer Wardrobe
LA Times - Michelle Obama's $540 Designer Sneakers
Michelle Obama's $1,000 Handbag
Michelle Obama - $2700 Coat
White House Christmas Decorations
Who Pays for the Christmas Decorations - NOT the Obamas

The naive, the idealists and the politicians will tell you that it is paid for by private supporters or committees or boosters, but all that means is that enough tax leeches circumvented the Constitution again and figured out a way to make money while donating money and, in he long run, the cost is still, as always, passed on to the taxpayers

So I just don't see either one of them feeling ok with flying a DOG back to DC on a plane via tax payers...

It's been done before - their vacation to Maine

They have worked the system enough so they can afford the high end clothing. But don't ever say they are 'regular' people or that she really likes shopping at Target. Photo-ops of her at target with an AP photog trailing behind are just there for the gullible to be bamboozled. She's a high-end snob. So is he. It's their money so they can spend it how they like -of course - but let's not all buy into their 'regular people' schtick. He made his money in the corrupt Chicago political machine, and she got her high paid do-nothing position riding on those coattails.
edit on 12/23/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Read further in your source:

To qualify for the five-days-or-less quarantine,

the dog must have received at least two rabies vaccinations, not less than three months apart, the most recent one between 90 days and a year before arriving in Hawaii
the dog must have had a microchip identification implanted by a veterinarian, and
a blood sample, identified by the microchip ID number, must have been tested for rabies antibodies 120 days to 18 months before the dog arrives in the state.

Source

This is so stupid! So, someone saw a black dog in Hawaii and is just certain it was Bo? And no one even questions it... :shk: You guys are so willing to believe any rumor or blog... It's really disappointing.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This is so stupid! So, someone saw a black dog in Hawaii and is just certain it was Bo?

Michelle Obama's office reported that the dog was going with the family.

:shk: You guys are so willing to believe any rumor or blog... It's really disappointing.

:shk: You are so quick to defend anything the Obama's do .. It's really disappointing (but fully expected).
BTW ... the link was to the Chicago Sun Times ... Obama's 'hometown' newspaper.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq
As much as the thought of Obama makes my head hurt, and leaves a sour taste in my mouth, this thread and the articles are misleading. Some people just look for anything that they can stretch, and twist around just so they have something new to complain about. Come on, Obama does plenty to give people things to complain about, there is no reason to start making things up, or at very least speculating on vague facts.

The smartest words on ATS today!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Michelle Obama's office reported that the dog was going with the family.

That was the PLAN, when Obama postponed his trip. Only a blog reports that Bo went with Michelle. The Hawaii stories say that Michelle and the children arrived... No mention of the dog, except that someone saw a dog walking... The presidential dog is out walking on the beach alone?

You are so quick to defend anything the Obama's do ..

That's not true. I'm not defending anything. I'm saying this story is an unsubstantiated rumor and the members here are slurping it up like gruel without looking further JUST because it's about Obama.
If you're looking for bias, look in the mirror.

BTW ... the link was to the Chicago Sun Times ... Obama's 'hometown' newspaper.

It's the Chicago Sun Times BLOG.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

Well thank you. Being a member here for a little while now I wouldn't think of myself as among the smarter members here, but I do know that common sense is easy to find if you just open your eyes and look for it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So, lets get this straight, the leader of the "free world" is on the one hand suggesting that "we're all in this together" and the first lady is growing vegetables in the garden... while they spend ridiculous amounts of cash on designer goods and regular holidays?

Wow, Obama really is like all the other idiot, privileged, spoon-fed leaders around the world who like to give the impression that they're "just like us". Shock horror.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join