It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How and/or why does Google do this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just on a lark, I typed my last name into Google images. Up popped an image I had uploaded to one of those free sites. My name was no where on the website or the image and the only way I can connect my last name to the site is from the registration. How can Google pull up an image from registration information. Isn't this private?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
When you registered on one of those "free" sites you accepted an agreement in fine print that gives away everything you give them. It is a conspiracy between Google, Facebook, the CIA and all the other data miners. You thought there were free things?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Does the site list your name anywhere on a "profile" page? It could be anything like that. Anywhere the text of your name shows up on the same page as the picture. Google's spiders will index them together.

Hope this helps...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Why else would ATS have Google +?

It's not for your privacy.

It's for your convenience!

Just wait until they start censoring "Deceptive articles".

Because we all know how much Google loves to help out with the censoring of countries such as China.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The website is at freepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com...

I had to register for it using my email address, ( which has my last name in my addy) but my last name is not used anywhere on the site. So, they pulled up an image from a site from the email addy that I registered with? Wow...

www.rootsweb.ancestry.com...
Will RootsWeb.com disclose any of my personal information to third parties?
RootsWeb.com will not disclose any of your personal information, except with your knowledge and consent as described in this policy or as may be required by law, or to protect the rights or property of RootsWeb.com.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I always figured ancestry.com as one of those sites who were in the business of trading your information.. always seemed to be one of the worst for it!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

This is because Google has compiled information about you.
This information is used to customize searches in such a way that when you search your searches will be better.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You can try and make an online personality that does not have any information about you but one little screw up and the infobots have you. They can even connect you by facial recognition software, even if they don't know your name.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
google does this because you allow them to. They also start to ask about your phone number. because you allow them to. How long will you take it?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Cannot answer that one, friend. I would try this myself, but I have all cookies from google blocked. I know what they do with all search terms.

new topics

top topics

join