It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christmas Hoax: Jesus is NOT the "Reason for the Season"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

There is nothing wrong debunking any faith. The problem with people from faith is that there skin is too thin. And when I say faith I mean any entity being believed blindly by the masses. Apparently you decided(or unwillingly brainwashed) at young age to blindly believe in a CHRIST(yeshua wasn't the first) as your savior. Which is fine , but don't become sensitive like most muslims because someone questions your deity or christian dogma.

Thank you. I don't subscribe to any organized "faith". I believe the Truth is not determined by a show of hands...or by the sword... or the pen. The Truth is the Truth for everyone. It is the ultimate reality. Bickering and warring over the various versions of it is counterproductive.

Peace on earth.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I just don't get why people can't be more accepting of other ways of getting to the same place of truth and love and harmony.

Because I know what the sacrifice of Jesus did for mankind..and I believe what the bible tells me about it.

Do I believe that everyone who does not believe in Jesus goes to hell..NO !!..but I don't believe that everyone who says they believe in Jesus goes immediately to heaven upon death as well.

But they do not enter heaven until their souls have been purified by the atonement of Christ

I don't get why you can't be more accepting of the beliefs that some people have based on their teachings..and messages by those chosen by God?

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Why would you not be more tolerant of Christians and the teachings given to us through the bible..?

Matthew 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

God bless you wildtimes... you are in my prayers..

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I don't get why you can't be more accepting of the beliefs that some people have based on their teachings..and messages by those chosen by God?

I am saying that there have been many persons chosen by the Divinity to spread the word.

I actually believe that several different people have been here from time to time, trying to enlighten others. I believe they were ALL chosen by the Divinity...and that they had been through sufficient lifetimes and tribulations and experiences to make them representatives, and that they had the OPTION to return, and chose to do so.
edit on 22-12-2011 by wildtimes because: to remove "his" and add "the"

link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by gabby2011

well.. only God knows if you are sincere with those words.. but I will trust that you are.

Thank you. I am absolutely sincere. Just as you (I trust) are sincere with your communications.

I am absolutely sincere wildtimes.. and I truly wish you the love and blessings of the Holy Spirit this holiday season.

link   

Originally posted by dilly1

Originally posted by theRhenn

reply to post by dilly1

LOL!! completely agree with you.
You know, it's interesting that the "readers" I expected to jump on this thread are nowhere to be found!!

Anyhoo, somehow I've attracted those who are already aware. Thanks, guys. Happy season. Try not to get too stressed out about it....to me, it seems to have become a major money-making scheme.

So you agree that the sole purpose of your thread is to more or less debunk christians... So it WAS a slap in the face..

Hope you have a great umm... nothing... this year.

For the rest, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. May you recieve Christmas as you give it. (op)

There is nothing wrong debunking any faith. The problem with people from faith is that there skin is too thin. And when I say faith I mean any entity being believed blindly by the masses. Apparently you decided(or unwillingly brainwashed) at young age to blindly believe in a CHRIST(yeshua wasn't the first) as your savior. Which is fine , but don't become sensitive like most muslims because someone questions your deity or christian dogma.

LOL!!! I love it when people assume that I am a Christian. Just because I have a heart, doesnt make me a Christian. I just like to look at points of views from the lil guy... since so many people do that these days.... riiiight!

Just remember one thing. YOU and I are not the only people in this world. No one hurt my feelings. How can I have feelings about something I take to part in? I have all the feelings in the world for the ones that enjoy their lives and beliefs, only to have other people walk all over them. I notice how you folks like to jump on one side or the other, and try desperatly to hold on to any smidgen of self importance, all for the sake of telling someone else how they should live, how they live, how they dont live, or determined to tell everything about what's wrong or right with the way they live and what they believe.

What ever happen to "each his/her own"? Why must it boil down to diffrences? Is that the factor... "You're just diffrent and not like me, so I have to make an example of you and hash on everything about you that I think is idiocy.."

You realise, for all those that believe, dont believe, in the middle... You realise, probably the one kind of person that would more likely get to heaven than anyone else... The quiet one... The one who doesnt speak their mind.. But the mind of those who have no voice to mention their own maladies.

Your "lesson" of the day just breeds confusion, arguments and hatred. Hey, if this is how you spread the Christmas cheer... you go right ahead.

And btw OP... Your thread based on a topic that I "thought" was interesting, gives me the ability to come and go into it and from it as I please. The basis of your post, the weight of your post, and the overall ideal behind your post (as based on your comments to and from those you overly agree with), Trolling would be too cliche' of a term here.

But hey.. I'll leave you to it. You have a right to your thread, no matter what I think about it. I simply think you're stepping on the toes of those in which you share no belief with. I say that's a low blow.

Bring that up to your mother and father durring your next family "holy" gathering... Like Christmas or Easter... Ya know.. the ones that really count when you're spewing this stuff to them. If they tell you something wild like say.. Goto Hell... Then I guess you more or less asked for it and cant not attempt to deflect or stear the anger away from yourself at that point. Maybe you'll understand then, if it's close to home?

Prolly not. Maybe I just look at these things with care... Not saying you dont... But guess I should assume since there is ALOT of that in this thread. I dont find pleasure in throwing out useless information to people because I think they need it. I understand, that not everyone would feel the same.. So I dont.

Nothing muslim about my actions. If there were... I would have Jihaded already.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I am saying that there have been many persons chosen by the Divinity to spread his word. I actually believe that several different people have been here from time to time, trying to enlighten others.

I believe they were ALL chosen by the Divinity...and that they had been through sufficient lifetimes and tribulations and experiences to make them representatives, and that they had the OPTION to return, and chose to do so.

You have the rights to your beliefs wildtimes...

I have the right to believe the words of Christ as he is a member of the divinity...The father ..Son..and Holy Spirit.

I will not change you.. nor do I expect to.. you will not change me.. so let us just leave the matter of truth to personal choice...and respect that we have the freedoms to do that now.

Some do not have the freedom of choices on this planet.. and perhaps the time will come when there will even be less choice.

I am grateful we have the freedoms to express out differences...openly.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Again with the a-hole label. If you don't want to hear anything that might undermine your beliefs, don't look at threads that clearly are going to upset you. It was your choice to respond. It was my choice to post some informative facts.

You may think your facts are informative.. but the fact remains.. that these so called supposedly "high jacked" religious figures from pagan religions.. have and still appear to real live people on the earth today.. They are responsible for healings and for conversions...through the power of the Holy Spirit as well as intercessory prayer.

Christmas is a time to contemplate the joy of Christs birth,and the reason for it.. it does not mean that it was the time he was actually born.

To imply that bacchus was the origin of Jesus.. is something you read in a book.. and though there maybe parallels between the two..I'm sure the one who wishes to steal souls from Christ loves to try to imply that Christianity is rooted in paganism.

I do agree that Christmas had become much to consumer orientated.. and has caused much undo stress for those who feel they need to express love through gifts ..but haven't the means to do so.

I think we don't have much time to actually celebrate the birth of Jesus left..so why try and take it away from us now wildtimes?

May the Holy Spirit enlighten you and all of us to truth...to mercy... time is running out..and God has been so patient..

I'll repeat it to you as I did to many others. You have faith in something that you have no shred of evidence of existing,, ever. All you have is faith nothing more. And that is why , very common, for people like yourself to become extremely irked and worried when someone like "Wildtimes" questions your faith that is hanging by a thread(and this includes the muslim faith)(hell all faiths).

Xmas is only looked upon as a christian event for christians only. Not for non-christians. Non-christians or weak christians in fact. Most of us all celebrate Xmas regardless. Because most of have loved ones to celebrate it with.

But I mite add, you are aware that forgery was rampant during Roman times. The chances that Mathew,John,Luke or Revelations were not written by the advertised author is very likely.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Bring that up to your mother and father durring your next family "holy" gathering...

My dad died 14 months ago. Surrounded by people who loved him. At home. With my uncle (by marriage) reading to him from the scriptures. And I, the last time I saw him alive earlier that day, held his hand, and held the book he asked me to bring to the bedside-- a book mostly of pictures, beautiful images, of the National Parks that he took me to as a kid.
My dad is with me every day now.

But, yeah, thanks for the jabbing reminder.
edit on 22-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

LOL!! completely agree with you.
You know, it's interesting that the "readers" I expected to jump on this thread are nowhere to be found!!

Anyhoo, somehow I've attracted those who are already aware. Thanks, guys. Happy season. Try not to get too stressed out about it....to me, it seems to have become a major money-making scheme.

So you agree that the sole purpose of your thread is to more or less debunk christians... So it WAS a slap in the face..

Hope you have a great umm... nothing... this year.

For the rest, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. May you recieve Christmas as you give it. (op)

LOL!!! I love it when people assume that I am a Christian. Just because I have a heart, doesnt make me a Christian. I just like to look at points of views from the lil guy... since so many people do that these days.... riiiight!

Just remember one thing. YOU and I are not the only people in this world. No one hurt my feelings. How can I have feelings about something I take to part in? I have all the feelings in the world for the ones that enjoy their lives and beliefs, only to have other people walk all over them. I notice how you folks like to jump on one side or the other, and try desperatly to hold on to any smidgen of self importance, all for the sake of telling someone else how they should live, how they live, how they dont live, or determined to tell everything about what's wrong or right with the way they live and what they believe.

What ever happen to "each his/her own"? Why must it boil down to diffrences? Is that the factor... "You're just diffrent and not like me, so I have to make an example of you and hash on everything about you that I think is idiocy.."

You realise, for all those that believe, dont believe, in the middle... You realise, probably the one kind of person that would more likely get to heaven than anyone else... The quiet one... The one who doesnt speak their mind.. But the mind of those who have no voice to mention their own maladies.

Your "lesson" of the day just breeds confusion, arguments and hatred. Hey, if this is how you spread the Christmas cheer... you go right ahead.

And btw OP... Your thread based on a topic that I "thought" was interesting, gives me the ability to come and go into it and from it as I please. The basis of your post, the weight of your post, and the overall ideal behind your post (as based on your comments to and from those you overly agree with), Trolling would be too cliche' of a term here.

But hey.. I'll leave you to it. You have a right to your thread, no matter what I think about it. I simply think you're stepping on the toes of those in which you share no belief with. I say that's a low blow.

Bring that up to your mother and father durring your next family "holy" gathering... Like Christmas or Easter... Ya know.. the ones that really count when you're spewing this stuff to them. If they tell you something wild like say.. Goto Hell... Then I guess you more or less asked for it and cant not attempt to deflect or stear the anger away from yourself at that point. Maybe you'll understand then, if it's close to home?

Prolly not. Maybe I just look at these things with care... Not saying you dont... But guess I should assume since there is ALOT of that in this thread. I dont find pleasure in throwing out useless information to people because I think they need it. I understand, that not everyone would feel the same.. So I dont.

Nothing muslim about my actions. If there were... I would have Jihaded already.

You sound annoyed ,,,,sorry to brake it to you,,if you don't know, you sound like a christian or muslim. You got a lot of anger inside you because all you have is lonely old FAITH. You think your going to heaven? LOL

I love being a troll. I'm spreading and preaching some of my holy work...lol...But guess what ,We are all trolls somehow one way or the other.

Enjoy being a closet whatever.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Bring that up to your mother and father durring your next family "holy" gathering...

My dad died 14 months ago. Surrounded by people who loved him. At home. With my uncle (by marriage) reading to him from the scriptures. And I, the last time I saw him alive earlier that day, held his hand, and held the book he asked me to bring to the bedside-- a book mostly of pictures, beautiful images, of the National Parks that he took me to as a kid.

I'm sorry for your loss wildtimes..I miss my dad very much as well..and feel him praying for me at times. I'm sure your father is praying for you as well.. and is with you in a spiritual way..

You can ask him to pray for me as well.. if you don't mind.. I need all the prayer I can get..

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You sound annoyed ,,,,sorry to brake it to you,,if you don't know, you sound like a christian or muslim. You got a lot of anger inside you because all you have is lonely old FAITH. You think your going to heaven? LOL

I love being a troll. I'm spreading and preaching some of my holy work...lol...But guess what ,We are all trolls somehow one way or the other.

Spoken like a true clueless person. Hate to say it brotha... But you got nothing right, above. You can assume me all ya want, but in the end, you're still wrong. I can already "assume" your age bracket in this as well.

Tell me.. To be annoyed or angry, it's safe to say, I probably wouldnt be smilling, or scratching my head in complete dumbfounded humor, would I?

no? So how on earth can you anger me when you have me, I admit, no where near stiches, but you're still humorous cause you're completely and way the hell off.... waaaaaay out there. "wistle" farther....

Lonely old faith? what is that exactly? So... To actually care about the feelings of others sounds muslim or christian? What would that make you? I'm finding that your definition of muslim and christian sounds like a pretty good thing to be involved in, if that's the case. Go figure.

Man... Too bad I'm not a pagan or druid.. Id really have you lost.

Ya know.. If you REALLY wanted to know what I was, all ya have to do is ask, or look back at some old posts. I'm pretty open about my beliefs/non beliefs. And personaly.. I dont think it has anything to do with what I said here today, except maybe, just a simple, caring, always looking out for those less fortunate than me... Those things were based more on upbringing than a belief.. but the funny thing is... It all stems from belief. Otherwise, I'm sure I would have turned out a whole lot diffrent. So... For the sake of not being tha antichrist, next prez, or your state govenor, you should be glad I turned out this way instead of the latter... You wouldnt like me in an athorative possition.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Good for you... Now, imagine telling your father what Christmas was really about.. on his deathbed. Yes.. I have to say it this way, not because of a lack of caring, but simply put... You would be telling him something against his beliefs in a very important time. Why do the same to christians on christmas? Are they less human, less caring, less deserving than your father?

Now... If you can do that.. THEN you can see where I'm comming from.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Good for you... Now, imagine telling your father what Christmas was really about.. on his deathbed. Yes.. I have to say it this way, not because of a lack of caring, but simply put... You would be telling him something against his beliefs in a very important time.

Uh, no. He already knew. I said my uncle was reading him scripture. Dad didn't request it. It was what my uncle wanted to do. And we accepted his wishing to do so.

My dad believed in the Divinity, in God. He just did not believe in ORGANIZED RELIGION.

Dude, what a jerk you are!!! "Good for you"? Seriously?
Way to spread the spirit of the season, wherever it came from.

Ya know.. If you REALLY wanted to know what I was, all ya have to do is ask, or look back at some old posts.

It's pretty clear, just from your posts on this thread....."what you are". And based on what you call people, it isn't "nice."

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Uh, no dude. Jesus was not born on december 25th. The christian translations got that part wrong. Christmas is still a valid christian holiday as december 25th was about the day Jesus was concieved. Jesus was concieved during Kislev (december) and if you count forward 9 months from Kislev you get Tishrei (september/october) right around Sukkot. The hebrew calender does not have 12 months in the year like the modern calender does but 13 months. In fact the year isn't 2011, it is 5775 according to their calender and timeline.

Before you start making accusations about christians and their holidays you better learn hebrew and immerse yourself in their culture or youre going to be wrong everytime. Christianity at one time was a part of Judaism. There were 3 sects of judaism the pharisees, sadducees and the essenes. The essenes prophesied the birth of the savior 250 years before he was born and it is they who began the rites of baptism and communal living that the first century christians later embraced. notice, that Jesus did not begin baptism...nor did John the Baptist. john himself was probably an essene. The new testament is written from the perspective of the essenes as they are the one sect that is never mentioned as Jesus was tried by the sadduccees and pharisees. Judaism and christianity split over Jesus.
edit on 22-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Spoken like a true clueless person. Hate to say it brotha... But you got nothing right, above. You can assume me all ya want, but in the end, you're still wrong. I can already "assume" your age bracket in this as well.

Tell me.. To be annoyed or angry, it's safe to say, I probably wouldnt be smilling, or scratching my head in complete dumbfounded humor, would I?

no? So how on earth can you anger me when you have me, I admit, no where near stiches, but you're still humorous cause you're completely and way the hell off.... waaaaaay out there. "wistle" farther....

Lonely old faith? what is that exactly? So... To actually care about the feelings of others sounds muslim or christian? What would that make you? I'm finding that your definition of muslim and christian sounds like a pretty good thing to be involved in, if that's the case. Go figure.

Man... Too bad I'm not a pagan or druid.. Id really have you lost.

Ya know.. If you REALLY wanted to know what I was, all ya have to do is ask, or look back at some old posts. I'm pretty open about my beliefs/non beliefs. And personaly.. I dont think it has anything to do with what I said here today, except maybe, just a simple, caring, always looking out for those less fortunate than me... Those things were based more on upbringing than a belief.. but the funny thing is... It all stems from belief. Otherwise, I'm sure I would have turned out a whole lot diffrent. So... For the sake of not being tha antichrist, next prez, or your state govenor, you should be glad I turned out this way instead of the latter... You wouldnt like me in an athorative possition.

I am your brotha, and today my POV will slowly nurture within your logic. Tonight you can send me to Hades over and over and it wouldn't matter.

I attack ALL faiths... Its a human mistake. Not a gift. It completely delusions your perspective of reality and the logical.

Your loneliness,assuming you believe in a god(s), exists do to only having a certified able idea(faith) ; that is solely based on the influence of others around you. The single one thing that holds you to your idea of god(s). And when I say all faiths , I include science and those green intelligent aliens living amongst us. lol.. Its all faith no fact and no logic,, what's so ever.

I'm way out there? I'm talking about the topic. All you do is post vague 3rd person jargon.
,,,,"I'm here to protect", what are you some modern Hospitlaller?

And paganism is a faith,same boat.

Druids? you want druids ,,go to Hollywood

I would love if you were in an authorative position. Lolll

And since your so dam vague and am probably wasting my time with you ,, its irrelevant . I would still be getting my point across. Which is and always is, my objective. Think of it , you being my bitch.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Uh, no dude. Jesus was not born on december 25th. The christian translations got that part wrong. Christmas is still a valid christian holiday as december 25th was about the day Jesus was concieved. Jesus was concieved during Kislev (december) and if you count forward 9 months from Kislev you get Tishrei (september/october) right around Sukkot. The hebrew calender does not have 12 months in the year like the modern calender does but 13 months. In fact the year isn't 2011, it is 5775 according to their calender and timeline.

Before you start making accusations about christians and their holidays you better learn hebrew and immerse yourself in their culture or youre going to be wrong everytime. Christianity at one time was a part of Judaism. There were 3 sects of judaism the pharisees, sadducees and the essenes. The essenes prophesied the birth of the savior 250 years before he was born and it is they who began the rites of baptism and communal living that the first century christians later embraced. notice, that Jesus did not begin baptism...nor did John the Baptist. john himself was probably an essene. The new testament is written from the perspective of the essenes as they are the one sect that is never mentioned as Jesus was tried by the sadduccees and pharisees. Judaism and christianity split over Jesus.
edit on 22-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

You are on point about Yeshua and the essenes. But the main topic is Xmas. And Xmas as really nothing to do with Yeshua. Unless your blinded by christianism. Xmas has Santa... SANTA Bro..lol....Not Yeshua getting pulled by a bunch red nose Rangifer Tarandus.

Sorry I had to do that.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Well Saint Nicholas was a real person, except he didn't wear a red suit, or have magic flying reindeer or have pagan elves working for him and the clothes he wore were browns and greens.

I don't really care about santa, but i think it is wrong to lie to your kids and give the real person a magical attribute and tell them b.s. lies that make him on par with God. I am pretty sure St. Nicholas would be unhappy with what people have done to him and how they make kids believe in him more than God.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

I'll repeat it to you as I did to many others. You have faith in something that you have no shred of evidence of existing,, ever. All you have is faith nothing more. And that is why , very common, for people like yourself to become extremely irked and worried when someone like "Wildtimes" questions your faith that is hanging by a thread(and this includes the muslim faith)(hell all faiths).

Why do you think I am irked or worried? I am neither.. sorry to disappoint.

There is much evidence of what I believe.. in the lives of the saints.. in the apparitions that are happening in this very time of life. Unbelievable miracles given to us by God everyday.. and they exist..in reality..not just in faith.

But I mite add, you are aware that forgery was rampant during Roman times. The chances that Mathew,John,Luke or Revelations were not written by the advertised author is very likely.

Forgery is rampant today as well.. but the evidence of miracles preformed in the name of Christ are not.

You are free to believe as you want... so what is it to you if I believe differently?

We need to agree to disagree..and respect each others choice to believe how they see fit.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

Well Saint Nicholas was a real person, except he didn't wear a red suit, or have magic flying reindeer or have pagan elves working for him and the clothes he wore were browns and greens.

I don't really care about santa, but i think it is wrong to lie to your kids and give the real person a magical attribute and tell them b.s. lies that make him on par with God. I am pretty sure St. Nicholas would be unhappy with what people have done to him and how they make kids believe in him more than God.

Yes..I agree..

I think there might be many saints who would be very unhappy on how their feast day is celebrated.

St. Patrick..as well as John the Baptist comes to mind...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

I'm dead sure Yeshua , Jacov and Jonhhy B would be more livid if they saw at what christianity has become,even though all three had nothing to do with christianism. Christianism is all about word for word. The Essenes were the complete opposite.

But nooo,,, your Saint Nick would be more shocked .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join