It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christmas Hoax: Jesus is NOT the "Reason for the Season"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

So you agree that the sole purpose of your thread is to more or less debunk christians... So it WAS a slap in the face..

Nope!

It was an effort to educate people about the roots of the holiday.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by benrl

The truely intelligent person understands how little we all really know.

Exactly!!

And those who believe they know the everything, and that their truth is THE truth, will hear nothing else as credible, well....
yeah, they're still out there.

....and you are charging yourself with... making sure everyone one knows the Christmas "truth"?

I love the way you paint yourself. Those colors are getting more clear with every post.

Where I'm from, it's called biggotry. Just try looking at it from the OTHER side, rather than just your self right.... your um... informer side....

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I do agree with you here, perhaps the world would have a better view on Christians if instead of making sure little timmy had a pile of presents under the tree, they made sure their fellow humans probably only a few miles away where well feed and warm in winter...

I just told this to a Catholic father who had just had his 7th child when he asked me when me and my wife would have a child, he hinted that if we werent able to their are things in medicine that could help. I told him that AS a christian I would have to go to adoption first, If I have to have a child and couldn't why would I selfishly want my dna to pass on? How can I say im against abortion and not adopt? "What ever you did to the least of them you did to me." So yeah christians, all those children that aren't being adopted that go parent-less, your doing it to Jesus...

I can be a little blunt at the dinner table at thanksgiving LoL, but you get the point.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Questioning their own to them due to you your lack of belief, or totaly the other way around, i would think, is selfish.

How is it selfish to provide facts and evidence to counter erroneous thinking?

Because you're doing it from a self rightouse point of view. That's being a hippocrite. Because, I promise you, there is nothing that you can tell someone that cant be turned back around.

Why cant you just leave it up to the induvidual? Do you seriously think that anyone that it would matter to, doesnt and hasnt aleady heard this pagan pratter a billion times? Hell, I've heard it no less than 50, and that's just me. Have I ever looked for it? Yes.. Did someone tell me to look for it? No... I just ran across it. If someone is curious about such things, trust them to look and find what they need.. If you dont, then you're telling them that they are completely incapable of doing it themselves... Especially when you're mucking with someone elses beliefs. Is it killing you? Hell no! Is it effecting you? Hell no! They why? ... Cause I want to be a self rightouse asshole, sir! And everyone should hear my opinions and what I dug up as facts so I can be a smartass know it all for Christmas, JUST SO I can make you forget why you REALLY follow christmas. Instead, I'll have you comming up with a bull# comment about this at someones christmas table, making this same snooty holier than thou remark, just so I can piss someone else off that day..

Glad you figured it all out. Guess some people just dunno when to leave well enough alone? Hell, I thought that was just being a democrat. But, of course, I dont know what side you're on, nor do I evern care.

...but... those colors are bright.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Why not focus on Christmas hunger? Children without Gifts? Why always "Christmas is a pagan lie"?

If you're not interested in learning where your traditions came from, that's fine. Some people might be. Personally, I find hunger and deprived children important -- far more important than "buying" things for people who don't need them.

My traditions remain the same as they were when I was born. Christmas... Family, Firewords, Beer, More Beer, wiskey, food, prezzies, God...

You mean to say, former pagan or historical traditions on the same date?
- No body parts on my tree.
- My tree is not on fire.
- Norsemen do not need to find the coast by my tree lights.
- I dont know the name of the pope who was born on this day - I dont/never cared.

So you see.. what you assume is my traditions, has nothing to do with the ones I mentioned. One was over a thousand years ago.. the other is today. What was then is not what I call Christmas now. Just because it may have been fashioned after 100 diffrent holidays in one, doesnt mean that my Christmas is related to any of them. If you want to look at the origin of the world, you theorise the big bang. If you want to find out where Christmas came from, you look at it's origin, not the 1000 pagan holidays that might loosely be related to it and some, not at all.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

So you agree that the sole purpose of your thread is to more or less debunk christians... So it WAS a slap in the face..

Nope!

It was an effort to educate people about the roots of the holiday.

Really? So either you lied to those two responders, or you're playing both sides of the fence.

Your thread has finaly proven totaly worthless to me. enjoy.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

And I forced you to read this thread....how?
Did I come banging on your door? Call your home?

Again with the a-hole label. If you don't want to hear anything that might undermine your beliefs, don't look at threads that clearly are going to upset you. It was your choice to respond. It was my choice to post some informative facts.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Awww, don't go away mad!!

Can you explain how you find it worthless? Or why you looked at it?

Dude, I meant no disrespect to anyone, and I said so. I still say so.

Why are you taking it as a personal attack and as an annihilation of your beliefs?? I'm happy for you that Christmas represents family, booze, presents, fireworks....and I hope you enjoy it!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Cool. Good for you.

I just don't understand people who, when offered some history and some objective knowledge, jam their hands over their ears and shout "la la la la I can't HEAR you!"

In my thinking, faith is a personal thing, a journey we all walk alone....and I, for one, am curious about how society has arrived at its present state.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

The only point I am trying to make is that we don't know anything about the world around us, To focus only on the false beliefs of Christians says more about the person posting than the Christians they are trying to inform. I keep an open mind about everything, we discover new things everyday, 100 years from now all the the held beliefs that we have could be proven false including my own and I am okay with that.

And yes we can prove some things definitively, but one day we get surprised with something like neutrinos traveling faster than light, something that is still up for debate and if proven true means we have to rethink some very fundamental things we held to be true...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

To focus only on the false beliefs of Christians says more about the person posting than the Christians they are trying to inform.

It does? How so?

What does it say? That I'm an evil-doer? A blasphemer?
What if it only says that I'm a scholar with an open mind who has discovered some interesting coinkydinks among world religions?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just on the off chance that anyone is interested in my beliefs:
I c/p this from another thread on which I am participating:

I honestly believe that all paths lead to the same place; and striving to live peacefully and humbly and harming none, and recognizing we are a divine family....an enormous one....is the challenge of being here on Earth. Not easy, and not meant to be easy. We are ALL going to screw up....from time to time....but eventually we are ALL going to get there.

That is my firm belief.

edit on 22-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

reply to post by dilly1

LOL!! completely agree with you.
You know, it's interesting that the "readers" I expected to jump on this thread are nowhere to be found!!

Anyhoo, somehow I've attracted those who are already aware. Thanks, guys. Happy season. Try not to get too stressed out about it....to me, it seems to have become a major money-making scheme.

Hope you have a great umm... nothing... this year.

For the rest, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. May you recieve Christmas as you give it. (op)

There is nothing wrong debunking any faith. The problem with people from faith is that there skin is too thin. And when I say faith I mean any entity being believed blindly by the masses. Apparently you decided(or unwillingly brainwashed) at young age to blindly believe in a CHRIST(yeshua wasn't the first) as your savior. Which is fine , but don't become sensitive like most muslims because someone questions your deity or christian dogma.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Again with the a-hole label. If you don't want to hear anything that might undermine your beliefs, don't look at threads that clearly are going to upset you. It was your choice to respond. It was my choice to post some informative facts.

You may think your facts are informative.. but the fact remains.. that these so called supposedly "high jacked" religious figures from pagan religions.. have and still appear to real live people on the earth today.. They are responsible for healings and for conversions...through the power of the Holy Spirit as well as intercessory prayer.

Christmas is a time to contemplate the joy of Christs birth,and the reason for it.. it does not mean that it was the time he was actually born.

To imply that bacchus was the origin of Jesus.. is something you read in a book.. and though there maybe parallels between the two..I'm sure the one who wishes to steal souls from Christ loves to try to imply that Christianity is rooted in paganism.

I do agree that Christmas had become much to consumer orientated.. and has caused much undo stress for those who feel they need to express love through gifts ..but haven't the means to do so.

I think we don't have much time to actually celebrate the birth of Jesus left..so why try and take it away from us now wildtimes?

May the Holy Spirit enlighten you and all of us to truth...to mercy... time is running out..and God has been so patient..

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Hey, gabby, welcome!!

Now, how does my posting this information offend? I did not write these articles. The title of the OP is from the article linked. I chose to post it in this forum.

Do I hope to "unconvert" anyone? No. Am I trying to "bash" the ideals of Christianity? No.

I am genuinely interested in learning how people to whom this info is revealed might respond.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I think we don't have much time to actually celebrate the birth of Jesus left..so why try and take it away from us now wildtimes?

I'm not trying to take it away from anyone. I actually envy the people who can celebrate it without wondering why.

But, you are right. It's not the appropriate time to bring it up, when peeps are busy wrapping all the gifts and planning their meals. Perhaps I'll try again at the summer solstice. Peace to you, sister.

And my most humble apologies to those who wound up being offended...and see me as a demon perpetuating Satan's agenda. Not so. But happy holiday to each of you, all the same!!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Now, how does my posting this information offend? I did not write these articles. The title of the OP is from the article linked. I chose to post it in this forum.

They don't offend me wildtimes.. they are just misguided..and they make me sad.

Do I hope to "unconvert" anyone? No. Am I trying to "bash" the ideals of Christianity? No. I am genuinely interested in learning how people to whom this info is revealed might respond.

well.. only God knows if you are sincere with those words.. but I will trust that you are.

As far as the information you posted..I have read it before years ago..so its nothing new to me...and bares little 'enlightenment' to me.. much as the the theories that jesus and mary magdelaine bore children together..and these are the bloodlines of the illuminati.

It is the life of the saints like padre Pio which inspire me to truth..based on real facts within this last century..as well as the apparitions of mary and the messages she brings. Not once has she referred to her son as bacchus.. and warns of false teachers..as well as tribulations to come.

..and yes..she even states that satan had infiltrated the catholic church from the top.. but she does not ever say the catholic religion is based on lies... or has roots in paganism.

I will keep you in my prayers.. for I know the love of Jesus and His mother is as great for you as it is for me..and all of us.

edit on 22-12-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You may think your facts are informative.. but the fact remains.. that these so called supposedly "high jacked" religious figures from pagan religions.. have and still appear to real live people on the earth today.. They are responsible for healings and for conversions...through the power of the Holy Spirit as well as intercessory prayer.

So, is it possible that they are all the same figures? That every major religion worships the One that is True? It seems to me that every past portrayal, and present portrayal, of the Divine is valid. I repeat....all paths lead to the same truth. I begrudge no one their particular flavor of it. It only stands to reason that people for eons have had an idea of it, and that it has been passed on, and evolved, to fit the times and the societies that know there is something Other than us out there.

I just don't get why people can't be more accepting of other ways of getting to the same place of truth and love and harmony.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

And my most humble apologies to those who wound up being offended...and see me as a demon perpetuating Satan's agenda. Not so. But happy holiday to each of you, all the same!!

personally..I can only speak for myself...but again i will tell you you did not offend me.. I have read these things before..as I stated earlier.

I do not see you as evil.. and did not try to imply you were.. just merely misguided..which is a trick of the evil one. I feel sorry for you.. not angry or offended by you.

may the Love of the Holy Spirit.. be with you and all who you care for deeply this Holy season.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

well.. only God knows if you are sincere with those words.. but I will trust that you are.

Thank you. I am absolutely sincere. Just as you (I trust) are sincere with your communications.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join