It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christmas Hoax: Jesus is NOT the "Reason for the Season"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

There is no doubt that there are some crazy things happening in the name of Christianity.. (which is why Jesus has said many will have called my name but they do not know me and are not of me).

That being said vogon, there is some very very crazy stuff happening to children in the name of satan, as well as in the name of so called 'enlightened " religion.. and there is even crazy stuff happening to kids by atheists.

The whacked out crazies who do all the hoobaloo in the name of the Holy Spirit are not being lead by the real Holy Spirit. The real Holy Spirit is gentle and tender, it exudes mercy and compassion...but it can also be forceful when dealing with forces that need to be shown the power and the might.

I'm sure all Christians don't deserve to be judged by a few, same as all atheists don't need to be judged by the whacked out few.

I would love to dig out the dirt on what some of these so called 'enlightened" religions do.. and I think we have some testament by some that have left the "enlightened" Luciferian type cults.... and quite honestly .. the severe mind control and mental, and physical abuse they have put thousands and thousands of children though..is appalling.

edit on 22-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I would love to dig out the dirt on what some of these so called 'enlightened" religions do.. and I think we have some testament by some that have left the "enlightened" Luciferian type cults.... and quite honestly .. the severe mind control and mental, and physical abuse they have put thousands and thousands of children though..is appalling.

If you are referring to svali, then write to her. She will tell you what these "Luciferian" type cults do.
If you are referring to Wiccans, you are completely wrong.

Here ya go, gabby. Right here at your fingertips. I'd triple-dog-dare-ya to look at it, but your fear will probably stop you. I promise, you won't sprout horns and breathe fire simply by association.
Wiccans are peaceful people, whose number one rule is HARM NONE.
www.religioustolerance.org...

Wicca: a Neopagan, Earth-centered religion

It seems to be necessary to preface every discussion of Witchcraft with an explanation that, no, Neo-Pagan Witches aren't Satanists. The Christian anti-God, Satan, has no place in Pagan pantheons, either mythologically or theologically. Plainly and simply, to non-Christians, Satanism is the dark side of Christianity.
Even today, Witchcraft is frequently misrepresented by being confused with Satanism. Often the word Witchcraft is used to represent two wholly opposite phenomena the survival of ancient Paganism in one instance [Wicca] , and the inversion of Christianity in another [Satanism]."Otter and Morning Glory Zell 6

"We are not evil. We don't harm or seduce people. We are not dangerous. We are ordinary people like you. We have families, jobs, hopes, and dreams. We are not a cult. This religion is not a joke. We are not what you think we are from looking at T.V. We are real. We laugh, we cry. We are serious. We have a sense of humor. You don't have to be afraid of us. We don't want to convert you. And please don't try to convert us. Just give us the same right we give you--to live in peace. We are much more similar to you than you think." Margot Adler 4

"If you take [a copy of] the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain, soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone. Our bible IS the wind and the rain." Herbalist Carol McGrath as told to her by a Native-American woman. 5

"I don't think witchcraft is a religion. I would hope the military officials would take a second look at the decision they made." G.W. Bush (R), as Governor of Texas. Interviewed on ABC's Good Morning America, 1999-JUN-24. He disapproved of Wiccan soldiers being given the same religious rights as others in the military.

"We should educate people that 'Witch' is not evil but ancient and positive. The first time I called myself a 'Witch' was the most magical moment of my life." Margot Adler. 4

Kindly stop misrepresenting, accusing and misinterpreting things. There are more paths than one to your paradise. Did you not even look at the link for the Golden Rule (do you even know what it is now?) ...
and all of the world religions that hold it as a universal truth?
I bet you didn't.
"Treat others the way you would like to be treated."

You want to know about the 'so-called enlightened religions', well, all you have to do is look at the links helpfully provided by the members here on ATS who have provided dozens of them just in the last few weeks.

You are delusional if you think that there are Luciferians on this board who abuse children, and if you are referring to me, you have grievously disappointed your own savior. Shame on you.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Oh, dont get me wrong.

I'm not saying the Luciferian churches are any better than the christian ones.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You are delusional if you think that there are Luciferians on this board who abuse children, and if you are referring to me, you have grievously disappointed your own savior. Shame on you.

I was not referring to you.. but you and I have no idea who is on this board, and what they actually do.

Shame on you for thinking you know what every member of ATS is all about.

As far as disappointing my saviour.. He knows more about every single member that has ever logged onto this site than I do..which ones have abused children..in what way.. and which ones who disappoint Him , in many ways, including practicing pagan worship, and denying Him the respect and worship he deserves for the literal blood sweat and tears He put into our salvation.

He was mocked when He was on earth, beaten , and forced to wear a crown of thorns , and stumbled and fell under the weight of a cross, as insults were hurled at Him.. Why? because He healed many?.. because He taught honesty and preached against the corruption of some of the leaders of the church? because He told people to turn their lives away from sin?

You continue to mock His salvation for us wildtimes..with your pagan worship.. so I would advise you to worry about how your own soul is disappointing Him, and Let Him (who I believe in ) show me how I disappoint Him, because I know I do at times.. but I confess it and ask for His grace to absolve me.

Yes..wildtimes.. I would suggest you be much more concerned on how you disappoint Him, and shame on you for trying to throw guilt at me for something you are far guiltier of.

Is this how you show you wiccans harm none? (shakes head in sadness)

edit on 23-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

gabby, I have told you and told you and told you I am NOT a Wiccan. I follow Christ's teaching. I have learned about other religions -- that does not make me a "pagan." I have posted information for others who might not be aware of the other world religions' tenets and beliefs. That does not make me a "liar." I have looked into everything I have questioned, including the established world religions. That does not make me a "sinner."

I don't subscribe to ANYTHING but the love that Christ actually taught.

You are right, I don't know if there are satanists on the board...I meant to say this "thread". Excuse my mispeech.

Please stop condemning me and painting me as something I am not. Please. I am asking you politely. Please stop.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Please stop condemning me and painting me as something I am not. Please. I am asking you politely. Please stop.

I only wish you would do the same..I am asking you politely to please stop making cracks at my mental judgement, and accusing me of things that I have not done.. I have called you a liar.. and explained to you why.. it was not about what you say I called you a liar about.. it was about what you actually lied about.. but that is in the past..and I won't dredge it up.

So please..I ask you politely to extend the same courtesy to stand up for myself as you do to others.. those attacking me ..and you admonishing me for attacking others..in defense.

Please..please.. I ask you politely to look at what you have said to me .. in many of your posts, not just in this thread.

Please stop slandering me wildtimes.. and backing up others who do while admonishing me for standing up for myself, and being human, and lashing back at times..

Please..please.. I beg you..to ask of yourself , what you ask of me.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

it was about what you actually lied about.. but that is in the past..and I won't dredge it up.

Uh, it was what you perceived as a lie, which was in my mind not a lie.

Yeah, let's not dredge it up.

How about if you read through all the links I've sent you, with an open mind, just like I have read up on svali and Pio and the Illuminati, and the modern RCC and their revisions and changed perspectives.
How about that? And then, possibly, we can discuss things without emotion or petulance.
Until you've done that, gabby, there's not really much more to say.
I'm not a willful liar, nor am I a sinner.
Thank you very much.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

How about if you read through all the links I've sent you, with an open mind, just like I have read up on svali and Pio and the Illuminati, and the modern RCC and their revisions and changed perspectives. How about that? And then, possibly, we can discuss things without emotion or petulance. Until you've done that, gabby, there's not really much more to say. I'm not a willful liar, nor am I a sinner. Thank you very much.

gabby, I have told you and told you and told you I am NOT a Wiccan. I follow Christ's teaching. I have learned about other religions -- that does not make me a "pagan."

Wildtimes.. you say you follow the teachings of Christ, yet you say He was just another good man.. not the only son of the father, and not the only way to heaven.

Please explain how that is following the teachings of Christ?

Let me ask you this and please answer simply..

Do you believe Jesus is the only way to heaven ..Do you believe these words of Christ?

Mathew Chapter 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth* and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

You have wanted me to read links that have been warned about by Christ.. links that twist the truth of His redemption.. that is why I refuse to read them now wildtimes. When I have grown enough in the Holy Spirit and learned enough about the real truth, then I will be more able to clearly show you the falsity in what you read...until then I leave that to those who are much wiser in the Spirit than I am.

But unless you can say with your whole heart and mind that Jesus is the only salvation for mankind, and no one goes to the Father except through him...you are in reality not living Christs words at all.

I am not trying to be petulant wildtimes.. just trying to be straight and forthright with you. If you accept the teachings of Christ and try to live by them, then you accept them all....and you would never say that there are many paths to heaven, and you would be accepting the truth of Holy Communion being in fact changed into His body and blood for our sanctification.

As far as you not being a sinner.. we are ALL sinners to varying degrees.. but accepting the mercy and salvation in Christ , and accepting what the Eucharist does for us in atoning for those sins and cleansing us from them..is the key.

So tell us wildtimes.. do you follow ALL the teachings of Christ, or just the ones you think you do, and adhere to?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Do you believe Jesus is the only way to heaven ..

No.
And neither did he.

What Jesus Really Taught

Seek the light within you.
When you seek it, you will find it.

Share that light with the world.

Commit fully, now.

The kingdom of Heaven is right here, right now, but it is subtle and most people don't notice it.

Share the news about the divine kingdom and how to find it.

Deal with your own shortcomings, rather than worrying about other people's flaws.

Don’t worry about your comfort, your clothes, or what you have to eat.

Remain humble.

Your actions, not your words or rituals, show you for what you are: good or evil.

Act on your knowledge.

Speak out, teach others.

Be merciful.

Take care of people.

Heal the sick.

Be generous. Give to everyone who asks.

Love everybody, not just family and friends, whom it is easy to love.

Love your enemies too.

Forgive those who harm you.

Avoid rules -- don't make them for other people and beware those who seek to force theirs on you.

Beware religious authorities, who take the keys to the spirit but won't enter and don't let you enter.

Be wise as the serpent and gentle as the dove.

These ^^
The actual teachings of Christ.

edit on 23-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Do you believe Jesus is the only way to heaven ..

No.
And neither did he.

What Jesus Really Taught

Seek the light within you.
When you seek it, you will find it.

Share that light with the world.

Commit fully, now.

The kingdom of Heaven is right here, right now, but it is subtle and most people don't notice it.

Share the news about the divine kingdom and how to find it.

Deal with your own shortcomings, rather than worrying about other people's flaws.

Don’t worry about your comfort, your clothes, or what you have to eat.

Remain humble.

Your actions, not your words or rituals, show you for what you are: good or evil.

Act on your knowledge.

Speak out, teach others.

Be merciful.

Take care of people.

Heal the sick.

Be generous. Give to everyone who asks.

Love everybody, not just family and friends, whom it is easy to love.

Love your enemies too.

Forgive those who harm you.

Avoid rules -- don't make them for other people and beware those who seek to force theirs on you.

Beware religious authorities, who take the keys to the spirit but won't enter and don't let you enter.

Be wise as the serpent and gentle as the dove.

These ^^
The actual teachings of Christ.

edit on 23-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Yes..I will agree those a some of Jesus's teachings.. just curious though..
if you actually live by them..for instance this one..

Not sure I have seen those words in scripture..(I know I haven't)..yet you say you live by them ...so..
..why do you admonish lisa's mother debbie so much for getting drunk .. isn't that expecting someone to live by your rules.. ? You have sent a few messages admonishing me for having mercy on the Irwins, and if I was any kind of decent person I could clearly see how this is all her fault for even getting drunk..

Yet you say you follow this teaching.

Jesus has said Blessed are those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

I choose to be merciful towards the Irwins, even if it is discovered that there was an accident and Debbie was so afraid to come clean.. I choose to have mercy.

Now.. we have touched on a few of the teachings that you say you follow.. let me remind you of a few more..

Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth* and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.

“Do not give what is holy to dogs,* or throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them underfoot, and turn and tear you to pieces.

* “Enter through the narrow gate;* for the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction, and those who enter through it are many

How narrow the gate and constricted the road that leads to life. And those who find it are few.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

How do you "eat his flesh and drink his blood"?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
...... if I was any kind of decent person I could clearly see how this is all her fault for even getting drunk......

That is beside the point.

This thread is about how your jesus was not borne on 25 Dec, but rather is stolen from paganism.

Please try to remember which thread it is you are on.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

...... if I was any kind of decent person I could clearly see how this is all her fault for even getting drunk......

That is beside the point.

This thread is about how your jesus was not borne on 25 Dec, but rather is stolen from paganism.

Please try to remember which thread it is you are on.

why don't you take your own advice on remembering what this thread is on.. if wildtimes is going to take it another direction I will follow the direction..Its her thread, and she chose to steer it to another direction..try reading the posts..

You have been off topic so many times on this thread..its laughable.

I see you result back to the childish tactic of crying 'stay on topic' when you see I speak clear commonsense in addressing wildtimes of her life of following Christ's teachings...when its obvious that if she is trying to follow what she quoted she has failed miserably at times.

I fail at times too, but I have the decency to admit .

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

How do you "eat his flesh and drink his blood"?

When jesus had the last supper with His apostles He basically gave the way to do it. In the church it is called Transubstantiation.

Here is an explanation from Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org...

an excerpt

When at his Last Supper, Jesus said: "This is my body",[40] what he held in his hands still had all the appearances of bread: these "accidents" remained unchanged. However, the Roman Catholic Church believes that, when Jesus made that declaration,[41] the underlying reality (the "substance") of the bread was converted to that of his body. In other words, it actually was his body, while all the appearances open to the senses or to scientific investigation were still those of bread, exactly as before. The Catholic Church holds that the same change of the substance of the bread and of the wine occurs at the consecration of the Eucharist[42] when the words are spoken "This is my body ... this is my blood." I

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

i know what it says about it, and i know what it means...

Im asking you.... how do you eat his flesh and drink his blood?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

i know what it says about it, and i know what it means...

Im asking you.... how do you eat his flesh and drink his blood?

and I answered you..through transubstantiation.. when the bread and wine is miraculously changed at the consecration.

What don't you get about that?

The priest puts the host in your hand, you put it into your mouth, and you drink the wine...both of which have been changed by the consecration at the alter.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Why didn't you just say "i eat a little cracker and drink some grape juice/wine"

Ritualistic symbolization is what its called... and makes no difference within the person that takes part...

I believe christ wanted more of his followers then eating crackers and drinking wine...

To each their own though...

You don't have to take part in a ritual to "eat his flesh and drink his blood"

Just so you know...

Theres little difference between this and the rituals of other religions such as wicca..

edit on 23-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

....... In the church it is called Transubstantiation.

To everyone else, it is called cannibalism.

How is it your bible some how changes the definition?

Eating flesh is still eating flesh, symbolic or not.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

....... In the church it is called Transubstantiation.

To everyone else, it is called cannibalism.

How is it your bible some how changes the definition?

Eating flesh is still eating flesh, symbolic or not.

There actually is a meaning to what Jesus asks of his followers in that passage...

Though hes not asking you to eat crackers and drink wine...

And its not canibalism either ...lol

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

And its not canibalism either ...lol

I understand it is symbolic, but it seems a bit.......as what ever.

Can you please clarify for me how eating flesh and drinking blood is not cannibalism??

I just don't understand how it is acceptable, even if it is symbolic, it still symbolizes acts that are (in my opinion) evil.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join