It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A girl swept away by the 2004 Tsunami has been found alive.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is a story I found on MSNBC, its a story that has a happy ending and it couldnt have come at a better time, right before christmas. Merry Christmas and a wishing everyone a wonderful holiday.

A girl who was believed to have been swept away by a massive tsunami that devastated coastlines in Asia has reportedly shown up alive, nearly seven years to the day after she vanished.

Indonesian state news agency Antara reported the girl, named only as Wati, was aged eight when she was ripped from her mother's arms by the rushing waters near her home in West Aceh, Indonesia, in December 2004. Her mother, Yusniar, was trying to get her and two other children to safety at the time.

Antara reported Wednesday that the girl's grandfather, Ibrahim, met a teenager who had traveled from another region, Banda Aceh, saying she was trying to find her way home.

The girl said she could not remember any of her relatives' names apart from one -- Ibrahim, Antara said.

He became convinced the girl was Wati, and her parents also later identified the girl as their daughter by a small mole and a scar over her eyebrow, Antara said.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
clearly she was teleported by aliens.....

but in all honesty this is an awesome story if true. (the girl being alive not the aliens)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wow, what a miracle! I wonder what happened to her during those seven years she was gone? Imagine how ecstatic the family must have been to find their long lost daughter, and her to find them
great post.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It's nice to hear of good stories once in a while. I hope she didn't have to go through too much.

new topics

top topics

join