It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had $100,000 where would you move to? What would you do with the cash?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'd finish school.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
i'd buy:
several warm coats.
a couple of sleeping bags. one for summer one for winter
a hatchet
a book on edible foods found in the wild forest land in the area i'm living in.
a tent
rope
a leatherman tool
fishing string and hooks
a machete
a book on knots
flint and steel
bow and arrows
book on how to tan a deer hide.
map of the forest
good pair of hiking shoes and boots
thermal underwear
a hat

this kind of stuff is what i'd be focusing on if the excriment hit the fan.

-subfab

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Purchase a big tent and a gas camp fire and Occupy Zuccotti Park, then use the rest on legal defense.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
100,000 is not enough to move anywhere and start a new life unless you will be able to use it to "kick-start" an additional revenue stream, through employement or starting your own business, say, or perhaps through investment (although there are not many investments that will yield enough to live on quickly from $100,000). It might be enough to get started on a survivalist bunker in a good location. But if you are trying to use 100K to "change your life" it's not really enough to fully press the restart button. There needs to be another variable to this equation, such as a solid job/moneymaking opportunity lined up, for example.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Figzer

Why New Zealand?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SkyMuerte

Is it recession proof? How do you know the numbers, do you work for them?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Really, where?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

50 acres, where?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
$100,000 is not a lot of dosh these days, a decent house where i live will set you back double that! So i would probobly just stay where i was and get me some smoke and some beers for the year.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Such general questions might not get you decently useful replies.

Are you single or with family? Have you lived or been to other countries you enjoyed? Do you speak another language (perhaps Spanish with your handle)? What is your profession/hobby/interest?

I've been moving around the world for 20+ years, so I would tell you 100k can still start you off decently in many countries.

Just be more specific.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
MUNCHO LAKE BC, CANADA

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
SkyMuerte,
Hey Don't listen to most of these folks. The majority of the replies your hearing are from Folks who are super caught up in the system that only know Home Depot prices and the average cost of an addition or upgrade which is crazy money.

I too am leaving it all with about 135k.

Let me tell you what I found. I found awesome little communities of folks who have built their own cabins, cob houses or straw bale houses. Many of these houses under 10K and they are soooo cozy and wonderful with an old english appeal to them.

I know a guy close to the smoky mountains who took 100k and built 3 cabins on 20 acres and lives in one and rents the other 2 for people who visit the national park there and makes a cool 40-50k just from rentals. His wife sells the guests organic soaps, shampoos, and fruits/veggies from their garden and make an extra 20-25 just off that.

Its more than doable and don't let these folks accustomed to Societal prices get in your head that you can't do it. Listen, I've been broke most of my life and barely scraped by, so when God blessed me with a recession proof job, I hid most of my checks away and continued wearing the same old clothes, eating canned smked oysters with rice, and living as if I was broke. I Garuntee you I can make 100K stretch soooo far most folks wouldn't believe they're eyes.

Only thing I would really splurge on (and even with this I would look in the salvage yards, tac auctions, and so forth) is a nice stainless kitchen. Fridge and stove. The look is awesome. I also know how to do a soapstone counter top for under $500.

As for kitchen cabinets there are great DIY dvds that teach you to make really nice ones. I have some wood working friends that are amatuers and were able t make theyre own kitchen cabinet set that worked out really well and looks super pro. I've seen some same ones with the darker stains go for 10-15k for the whole set.

Its all about DIY and going it about it the way the old school generations did it.

I'm gonna be doing this exact same thing as my smoky mountain folk friends so if you wanna join in, let me know

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I can buy 50 acres here in ohio for about 1000 an acre. it's mainly flat farmland but I've already talked to the farmer and he said he'd sell some to me. I live about 1 hour north east of cincinnati.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join