It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am mad as hell at Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

LOL, I guess you haven't been paying attention.

Yes, the republicans want the bill that extends it for a year to pass....because they loaded it with all their pet projects...like the keystone oil pipeline.

Republicans don't care if people who are struggling have to pay more in taxes this next year...they only care about using their suffering as leverage to try to get what they want.

Everyone sees this...which is why it has backfired on them....even GOP strategist are saying this was a bad bad decision by the House Republicans (Senate Republicans voted for it).

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This social security and food stamps, giving lazy people help has FAILED.
I only wish i was there to suck on the rich blood of america....have 6 babies and get food stamps and free stuff.
way to go america.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Honest question.
Is there any reason why they (the House) can't send something to the Senate after the 1st?
So what if we have to pay a few bucks for the first paycheck. If we can make it PERMANENT then it'd be worth it.

This whole "theatre" is just that. Theatre. There is absolutely nothing that says there can't be tax cuts after the first.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by beezzer

LOL, I guess you haven't been paying attention.

Yes, the republicans want the bill that extends it for a year to pass....because they loaded it with all their pet projects...like the keystone oil pipeline.

Republicans don't care if people who are struggling have to pay more in taxes this next year...they only care about using their suffering as leverage to try to get what they want.

Everyone sees this...which is why it has backfired on them....even GOP strategist are saying this was a bad bad decision by the House Republicans (Senate Republicans voted for it).

Um, okay. The pipeline would create more real jobs than twice the "pretend Obama shovel-ready jobs".

So I'm good with that provision.

I guess democrats don't want people to have jobs.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yep that 19 bucks a week sure shows the Democrats sure care about people.

Second.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
We all pay taxes, not just the top 50%.

In fairness sheepslayer didn't specify payroll taxes. I don't pay payroll taxes but I pay personal property tax, real estate tax, food tax, gas tax and if I bought anything tangible that would be taxed. If I had any savings I'd be paying a tax on that, too.

So I agree with sheepslayer.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Go right ahead and agree with whoever simple fact is the dog and pony show in Washington is about Payroll simple fact don't hear anyone screaming about lowering taxes of those kind.
edit on 22-12-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Second.

I gave you a star for this because it's true. I don't disagree with you.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Um, okay. The pipeline would create more real jobs than twice the "pretend Obama shovel-ready jobs".

So I'm good with that provision.

I guess democrats don't want people to have jobs

Let's deal with the payroll tax in one bill...and the keystone pipeline in it's own bill.

Why must Republicans hold one hostage to try to get their way???

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Second.

You do realize that there are some people out there that really really need every last penny they have....right???

40 bucks, 19 bucks....may not mean "do we eat or pay the bills" to you...but it does to a lot of Americans.

Glad to see that you have so much concern for those people

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I give a big LOL because people here are actually falling for this ‘he said, she said’ political game. Get over it. This is all nonsense by idiots bickering in the Capitol. Tell me, what from this will help us when looking at the big picture? Not a damn thing, yet people are at each other’s necks over it. Honestly, I expect nothing less from these people in DC.

"In a democracy, every people get the government they deserve". – Joseph de Maistre

edit on 12/22/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Excellent work. Yeah, thats right. We need more people to stand up and protect the poor, oppressed ruling class.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You do realize that this is nothing but pandering for votes considering the election is coming up hence the fight for a temporary measure so this issue would come up later and the Democrats could use it closer to the 2012 election?

Concern for people? like throwing a few bucks at them like how all Democrats look at people is by their bank accounts and where was all the concern for people when they were denied the cost of living raise for the past few years which brings up another point:

Tax cut for the pay roll tax is a loss of 160 billion dollars Social Security and the other social programs with major funding problems and they won't cut spending fake it and then turn right around and make no mistake here comes more tax raises on that evil class of Americans.

The only concern i see here is Obama and the Democrats for keeping themselves in power.
edit on 22-12-2011 by neo96 because: distracted

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
oh cmon obonga is not that bad. he gave trillions to a solar company owned by his friend. and when the company bankrupted obonga payed all the money back to his friend. Tax payer money

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

reply to post by sheepslayer247

Not to mention all the rebates and deductions the middle class already get for everything a 15 trillion debt and continuing to push wedges between Americans based off their bank accounts is the topic.

edit on 22-12-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Not really. I would say that the two groups that benefit the most from tax deductions and rebates are the lowers class and the upper class. Doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, but to be clear, the middle class has less available deductions to reduce tax owed. Most credits and deductions are for low income earners and high income earners.

I do find it funny and a bit sick that in America people are whining about money all the time when we are the most fortunate people walking the planet. Taxes go up? Big friggin deal. Taxes reduced? That's fine also. It's just money folks.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lrak2

Oh you mean those Congressman and Potus who are the masters of the American people excellent work?

Hardly.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Let's deal with the payroll tax in one bill...and the keystone pipeline in it's own bill.

Why must Republicans hold one hostage to try to get their way???

C'mon! You've been around the block a time or two. This is how it's done in DC.

Perception is the fuel that politcians live on.

Dems hate people having jobs-the reason he bill didn't pass.
Republicans hate people who want their taxes lowered- the reason the bill didn't pass.

Face it, it's a damned game. We're in the middle.

The only difference is, if republicans win (this time) hiring freezes in government, taxes are lowered, and people have jobs.

If democrats win, taxes are raised, less people get jobs, and government continues to grow.

I'm not a republican, but by golly! I'm on their side for this one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join