It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am mad as hell at Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

All week, the White House has been inviting people to submit stories about the hardships they would endure without the extra $40 in their paychecks if the payroll tax cut expires at year's end.

www.latimes.com...

So i am sitting here watching the video about the so called "tax break" for the middle class watching the video of what he said. "40 bucks matters" and how "we are talking about all Americans" and the two faced hypocrite and his party dehumanize those other Americans who do well aka the so called rich.

I am infuriated nay p offed to no end for political pandering to well lets just say it so he can get votes to make it look like he gives a crap about Americans ok just some Americans.

In a country that is suppose to be all about equality yadda yadda yadda more class warfare rhetoric the suppose 40 buck tax cut which is lesss than that hell thats not even a full tank of gas for many maybe a cell phone bill.

So what's the typical family since half of the country doesn't pay taxes and here they are agian cutting taxes but are still paying out still spending more than they take in

I can stand the current Potus i can't stand the Democrats.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wasn't it Obama and the democrats that extended the original Bush cuts for just one year?

And now they're making political theatre of all this?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes political theatre Obama is bashing Beohner cause the RIght wants to extend it for a whole year while the left wants a band aid fix.

And 1000 divided by 52 weeks is $19 bucks a week.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Actually the Democrats approved the extension this time and the Republicans refused to even vote on it claiming that they want a permenant solution to the tax/revenue problem.
I haven't heard much of what they are considering as part of the new negotiations that they want, but I understand their thought process; why keep having meetings every 2-3 months for the same problem when you can sit down seriously once and solve it.
I don't expect much from either side on this one as they have proven that neither care about America or the people who live here.
This whole thing is a political 'dog & pony show' brought on by both parties.
edit on 12/22/2011 by Ark005 because: bad grammar

link   
Its also a joke to watch him fake sympathy for his fellow Americans, knowing he got himself a fun vacation to Hawaii coming up with security costs at the least falling at our expense.

link   
We all pay taxes, not just the top 50%. There is no way around it. So I disagree with the notion that only half pay taxes. However, most of the taxes paid come from the middle-class and not the rich. $40 means a lot to a struggling family and lets not forget that the $40 is ours to begin with.

In reality, both sides are playing a childish game. Obama is using personal stories of strife to paint a sad picture in his favor. The Republicans are acting like a bunch of immature teenagers that throw a fit because they can't have their way all the time.

So if you are going to bash Obama for playing games, let's be consistent and blame the Republicans for doing the same.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by beezzer

Yes political theatre Obama is bashing Beohner cause the RIght wants to extend it for a whole year while the left wants a band aid fix.

And 1000 divided by 52 weeks is $19 bucks a week.

Average payroll is 1 check for 2 weeks which is ~40 if you use the 1000 figure. Left and right want 1 year. Right's bill included a bunch of other junk, not just a 1 year extension(aka toxic). They couldn't agree so left and right in the senate passed a bill that would allow more time for discussion without causing taxes to go up during the discussion.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ark005
reply to post by beezzer

Actually the Democrats approved the extension this time and the Republicans refused to even vote on it claiming that they want a permenant solution to the tax/revenue problem.
I haven't heard much of what they are considering as part of the new negotiations that they want, but I understand their thought process; why keep having meetings every 2-3 months for the same problem when you can sit down seriously once and solve it.
I don't expect much from either side on this one as they have proven that neither care about America or the people who live here.
This whole thing is a political 'dog & pony show' brought on by both parties.
edit on 12/22/2011 by Ark005 because: bad grammar

Well I gotta give props to the republicans then for wanting to make it permanent.

Shows SOME backbone of thosein D.C..

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

A permanent tax-cut could easily be worked out, but the Democrats wanted to pass a clean bill that would continue the cuts until a permanent bill could be put in place.

Where it went wrong is the Republicans could not pass the extension as-is. Instead they added a bunch of garbage that either forced the Democrats to capitulate to their demands or force the Republicans to grandstand over the issue.

In effect, the Democrats have won because they refuse to allow the extra garbage to be part of the bill, are willing to pass it now, and the Republicans look like they are grandstanding over petty BS while the tax extension sits idle.
edit on 22-12-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
50 million Americans on welfare do not pay payroll tax and do not pay taxes
66 million Ameircans on Social Secuity do not pay payroll tax and most do not pay taxes consider the average paycheck is $1000 per month
10 million Americans who draw their 99 weeks of free pay do not pay pay roll taxes.

theres 130 million who do not pay payroll or income taxes and heres 19 bucks a week don't spend it all in one place..

www.usdebtclock.org...

Oh and here comes that tax "break" gear toward "160 million Americans" which is 160 billion dollars a year if the math is right and guess they just seem to forget the 15 trillion in debt.

edit on 22-12-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Issue with USA is not we need to raise taxes on the rich. We need to make the rich pay the correct amount of taxes. Middle class always pays the correct taxes because they can't afford high priced lawyers to hide money, or afford lobbyist to create loop holes in the code. If the 1% actually paid there 34% in taxes we would not be in debt.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by beezzer

A permanent tax-cut could easily be worked out, but the Democrats wanted to pass a clean bill that would continue the cuts until a permanent bill could be put in place.

Where it went wrong is the Republicans could not pass the extension as-is. Instead they added a bunch of garbage that either forced the Democrats to capitulate to their demands or force the Republicans to grandstand over the issue.

In effect, the Democrats have won because they refuse to allow the extra garbage to be part of the bill, are willing to pass it now, and the Republicans look like they are grandstanding over petty BS while the tax extension sits idle.

Democrats wanted a tax increase to pay for this tax cut.

Republicans wanted spending cuts to pay for it.

Sounds pretty darned simple to me.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Every American pays taxes. Add up all the taxes we pay and I'd be willing to bet that payroll taxes are just a small part of the entire taxation picture.

State taxes
Sales tax
federal tax on EVERY service imaginable (IE cell phone, gas, electric, bank fees...etc...etc)
usage taxes

I could go on and on. This issue is not about the "useless eaters" in America. Why are we turning this into a class warfare situation and not pressing our representatives to do what is right for the American people?

If you really want to make a dent in the deficit and tax issue, we should be concentrating on the corporate welfare system and subsidies for the wealthiest among us that recieve money taken from the individual American and funneled to the wealthy.

That is much more expensive than $160 billion to needy Americans.

reply to post by beezzer

I agree. But the Democrats are willing to continue this "Bush" tax cut until a permanent solution is figured out. The Republicans are saying "we better get what we want.....damn the American taxpayer!".

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Sorry the only taxation that counts is income and payroll in this thread any other is a moot point since we are talking Federal Government and it's spending problems here and it is the payroll tax that funds Social Security.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

reply to post by beezzer

I agree. But the Democrats are willing to continue this "Bush" tax cut until a permanent solution is figured out. The Republicans are saying "we better get what we want.....damn the American taxpayer!".

You really should add a caveat there. They wanted to continue it for 60 days.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Very well. It's your thread. I suppose to fit in here I have to bash Obama and the damned Democrats, even though it is the Republicans that are holding this entire process hostage!

I will cower back to my cave of reality. Enjoy!

reply to post by beezzer

True, but let's remember that if the Republicans can't pull something together then they are in effect supporting a tax increase. If they were really concerned with lower taxes, they would compromise and then continue the fight to achieve the ultimate goal.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

No the subject is payroll taxes its as simple as that and they are cutting them that pays for social security other taxes are negligible considering the poor do not pay taxes on food and if they are poor what high dollar items are they "paying taxes" on compared to other people.

Not to mention all the rebates and deductions the middle class already get for everything a 15 trillion debt and continuing to push wedges between Americans based off their bank accounts is the topic.

Everyone else pays those "other taxes" but i guess that doesn't matter the only important class in this country is the Middle Class then the Poor and the slime of humanity the well to do.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But.................But.............I thought that FICA, for SS and such was not a tax, but an insurance plan paid into by everyone?
So, it is a tax now?

0bama, you are such a Turd.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Urban myth that everyone pays into it problem number 1 they don't people receive benefits who have never paid into it.

Urban myth that people think what they pay into SS is what they get out of it simple fact the employer matches 6% and the person pays 6% people pay less and get more out of it than they ever paid.

Urban myth that some people in this country think Democrats and Obama give a crap about them the only thing they care about is staying in Washington.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You are mad at Obama for being concerned about Americans and how $40 a week might impact them???

Wow...he is such an evil man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join