It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO: Mysterious Signal Knocks Out Power In Arvada 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
UFO: Mysterious Signal Knocks Out Power In Arvada 2011

What do you think is going on here, what could knock out 40 garage doors.. ufo, haarp perhaps some other gov experiment..

Experts say anything with a wireless signal could affect garage doors. "Like Christmas lights, coffee makers, appliances," Gina said. The pros told Gina and other neighbors small items couldn't have caused this big of a problem. So whatever it is, it is rather large. "I wish we knew," Gina said.

Something in Arvada produced a frequency signal strong enough to knock out power to 40 garage doors in a tiny community. The problem started two days ago in the 7000 block of Torrey Court. It encompasses a half mile radius. "It's really weird," said Gina, who lives in the area.

She did not want to provide her last name. "No one knows what it is." Gina thought she was alone, until she learned of other neighbors dealing with the same problem. "I think it's amazing," Colin Cooper, another neighbor, said. "What if it's a UFO?" he joked.

Experts say anything with a wireless signal could affect garage doors. "Like Christmas lights, coffee makers, appliances," Gina said. The pros told Gina and other neighbors small items couldn't have caused this big of a problem. So whatever it is, it is rather large. "I wish we knew," Gina said.

For now, it remains a mystery. The 40 people who live on Torrey Court have to find a way to fix their garage doors.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't see anything about power being out, only that garage door openers got fried.

Perhaps a strong radar signal from a military aircraft.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
it is interesting
my guess is that it is the new smart meter system.

R.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

That's cool and mysterious
I have no idea what could have done it, so I am not even gonna guess!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

radar signal from a military aircraft.

does radar work like that ?
would that not be bad to have radars in airport control towers then

edit on 22-12-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It seems either the reciever or the transmitter (or both) parts of the the garage door systems was affected very likely by something akin to Phages suggestion.....
What then if anything on the ground that is stationary (and also new or recently modified)could cause this?
Mobile equipment could iinclude micro wave or other intense signals .....Maybe the device can be tuned to different frequncies and well see som more wierd electricalitis phenoms....?
If the signal was a passing one then why not a larger radius or path?
id like to see if the reports form a circle or oblong...that may indicate what was up......
A very powerful wave must have been broadcast to do this.....perhaps it was secret sattelite warfare usuing beam weapons set to low power just for demonstration purposes?
maybe The Peter Beter was right.....................

link   
It seems either the reciever or the transmitter (or both) parts of the the garage door systems was affected very likely by something akin to Phages suggestion.....
What then if anything on the ground that is stationary (and also new or recently modified)could cause this?
Mobile equipment could iinclude micro wave or other intense signals .....Maybe the device can be tuned to different frequncies and well see som more wierd electricalitis phenoms....?
id like to see if the reports form a circle or oblong...that may indicate what was up......
A very powerful wave must have been broadcast to do this.....perhaps it was secret sattelite warfare usuing beam weapons set to low power just for demonstration purposes?

link   

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Radar works by transmitting a microwave signal and receiving its echo.

Airport search and tracking radar aren't directed at the ground and their signals are not very strong. On the other hand, military aircraft do use radar directed at the ground and those radar can be quite powerful.

It's a possibility.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

ok ok ok ok...
no need to repeat it 3 times
I got it !!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Go check it on googlemaps. Cool place to have something underground.

new topics

top topics

join