It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't believe in conspiracies, then why did you choose ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

unfortunately, if we all agreed 100% of the time, we would end up like some other trashy conspiracy sites out there. Opposition can be a good thing.

of course, i would never spend most of my free time in a forum for something i don't believe in, shooting down everyone's ideas

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The motto of ATS is "Deny Ignorance", that can apply to both sides of the fence and is something we can all get behind. The best way to acquire knowledge is to see and understand opinions and evidence from both sides of a certain position, and vigorous debate is the best way to bring all this evidence to the surface so that everyone can best make up their own minds.

Completely one-sided forums fall apart pretty quickly. Bringing logic and common sense to any argument is not going to stop anyone from making change, or taking action, as long as that action is based on sound principles.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

So you want a place where everyone agrees and has the same opinions and where the validity of claims is not questioned?

And you call other people sheep?

Sorry to tell you this, but what you want is that of a sheep mentality!

edit on 23/12/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

And here i was thinking that denying ignorance was the theme. But you're saying that the theme is believing in conspiracies.

Hmm strange.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
reply to post by Drezden

And here i was thinking that denying ignorance was the theme. But you're saying that the theme is believing in conspiracies.

Hmm strange.

Good lord no. I've posted threads where I mention that I'm not sure about this topic..etc.. and some other people quickly debunk it in a respectful, thorough, and factual based way. This is good.

When people insult, joke, belittle, and refuse to take a topic seriously like 9/11, NWO.. Israeli influence on U.S. foreign policy.. etc.. that isn't denying ignorance, that's perpetuating it. There is no open, mutually respectful, or thorough discussion.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Disagreement is an important aspect of discerning the truth. Especially in the subject matter of conspiracies - without hard empirical evidence, no one can be certain they have the truth.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by B48621A9115Q024

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing, but everything wrong with misreading the OP and the points he makes as has obviously happened on this thread with some posters at least.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
This is getting exhausting. I've said it 3 different ways now... the only logical explanation for you not understanding what I'm saying is that you haven't read what I've written.

Please read my posts before you comment. This IS NOT about people who don't believe in the same conspiracies that I do. I personally don't believe in the reptilian conspiracy. This is about people who don't believe in ANY conspiracies. They come here to talk about how Obama is ruining the country, and how OWS is communist.. then they talk down to people who believe in 9/11, NWO..etc.. actual conspiracy theories. They aren't here to discuss conspiracies.

That is correct. I think it is you who need to listen here. Not everyone is here to talk about your favorite idiotic conspiracy theories--ANY of them. ATS is not JUST about Your-own-favorite-subjects! What do you not understand about that? Don't you DARE accuse me of not reading your posts. THIS is what you SAID:

Stop poisoning ATS with your right vs left false-dilemma talking points.

How about this: STOP telling other people what they can post. How difficult is it for you to ignore threads in which you are not interested? Is someone forcing you to read them? Are your fingers compelled to click on yet another Obama post you don't like? Good Lord! Take some responsibility here. Indulge on what floats your boat and leave other people alone.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by Drezden
This is getting exhausting. I've said it 3 different ways now... the only logical explanation for you not understanding what I'm saying is that you haven't read what I've written.

Please read my posts before you comment. This IS NOT about people who don't believe in the same conspiracies that I do. I personally don't believe in the reptilian conspiracy. This is about people who don't believe in ANY conspiracies. They come here to talk about how Obama is ruining the country, and how OWS is communist.. then they talk down to people who believe in 9/11, NWO..etc.. actual conspiracy theories. They aren't here to discuss conspiracies.

That is correct. I think it is you who need to listen here. Not everyone is here to talk about your favorite idiotic conspiracy theories--ANY of them. ATS is not JUST about Your-own-favorite-subjects! What do you not understand about that? Don't you DARE accuse me of not reading your posts. THIS is what you SAID:

Stop poisoning ATS with your right vs left false-dilemma talking points.

How about this: STOP telling other people what they can post. How difficult is it for you to ignore threads in which you are not interested? Is someone forcing you to read them? Are your fingers compelled to click on yet another Obama post you don't like? Good Lord! Take some responsibility here. Indulge on what floats your boat and leave other people alone.

Oh dear, you precious thing, you are quite confused still it seems. I'll do my best to help you understand what seems to be so difficult for you to grasp.

I will supply your own words that I was replying to right here, you need to re-read what YOU have typed before we continue any further:

Originally posted by schuyler
Basically what you are saying is that unless everyone believes in the same old conspiracies you do they shouldn't be here. You want a homogenous group who nods in unison every time you come up with another "Queen Elizabeth is a reptilian" schtick. I believe the large majority of conspiracies on ATS are pure hokum. They're bunk. From 9/11 truthers to chemtrail "believers" you're not going to get a rational discussion about those issues here. Anyone who disagrees, as is already the case on this thread, is labeled a debunker, a disinformation ageny, or a paid shill for TPTB. More silliness with absolutely no proof whatsoever. There's a certain entertainment value to watching people make the most incredible leaps of faith and logic imaginable, but by and large it leaves you shaking your head in amazement over how ignorant people have become and how easily they see a conspiracy behind everything they don't understand.

I won't accuse you of not reading my post, but I will accuse you of not understanding my posts, which require no accusation as it is fact that you are deeply confused. Let's take the emotions out of this and keep a level head to avoid further confusion.

You have been making wild assumptions and throwing juvenile insults from the beginning. Calling all these conspiracies idiotic. If a subject has its own forum.. as delegated by the website itself, I believe it is worthy of discussion free from insult, and discussed between people with mutual respect (especially when people don't agree), which you are either incapable or unwilling to give. Particularly when people are choosing to be on a website, and choosing to go into the forums that are delegated to these specific topics.

The forums exist for discussion of both sides, believers and non-believers, this is good for discussion and for keeping people honest and sticking to the facts as much as possible given the topic. I've never stated that people who don't believe shouldn't be commenting on threads.. seriously..?

I know I said I wouldn't, but I really must ask one more time, are you sure you read my posts?

Again (hopefully for the last time) I stress, the people I am talking about are not those who believe in UFO's yet don't believe in government conspiracies.. or those who subscribe to paranormal beliefs but don't believe in political conspiracies..etc..

The people that I am referring to have little to no knowledge on a subject because of their prejudice, if something seems too over-the-top to them they automatically consider it false or wrong, they won't research it because they've already made up their mind that it's impossible, as shown through their posts which contain no organized, thorough, or sited rebuttal, but only sarcasm, or immature insults.

You and I are talking about completely different things apparently, so please calm down.
edit on 12/27/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join