It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RON PAUL wins the Presedency!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ron Paul wins the presidency...YAY!

I am a huge Ron Paul supporter. But am I the only one who thinks the President is just a puppet? I just find it hard to believe 1 man can have that much power in America. So IMO he wins it but falls into the same crap the rest of the presidents have to do...and thats to take the heat.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

What I think people are failing to address (that I was hoping would be addressed) is the more important root issues that made all this corruption possible in the first place...

and that is the huge issue that PEOPLE can be bought...and their morals/ethics/ideals get swept under that rug with the huge $ sign on it...

The president doesn't plan on abolishing this issue (mostly because there isn't a solid alternative) and because of that we will always have corruption and America is so THICK with corruption (people being bought out to promote certain interests) that the corruption transcends laws, rules, regulations, presidents, congressmess, pieces of paper (constitution) and rhetoric...and even generations and lifetimes...

I really am not trying to sink people's hope in the future or in Ron Paul (as I am a supporter). I am honestly trying to get people to try and think farther than 4 years past their nose and consider what the future would be like if we left it all up to one man constantly...

There are forces at work controling the forces you THINK are the be all end all...

we need to consider those forces and make coherant plans for the future that arent in 4 year segments...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
If Ron Paul can make it to the white house, his impact on everything will be noticed by the people. Afters his 4 years smacking the s**t out of the system, he will pass the torch to Rand Paul who will be welcomed with open arms by the newly liberated people of America. Rand Paul 2016!
edit on 22-12-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

I have to admit this bugs me too. You are not only dead set on seeing Ron Paul as president, but you are ready to vote his son in 4 yrs later.. So you have that much faith in Ron Paul that you have decided his son is great as well just because he is related to Ron Paul, or is it because he is a doctor that is not a politician etc as stated on his campaign page?

I mean lets be brutally honest Bush Jr was a long shot from Bush Sr. Bush Sr had more brains in his pinky then Jr had in his whole body. If there is no better lesson in the world how the son is not always reflective of the father. I saw someone said he had no skeletons in the closet but just today I saw a headline about him getting testy and storming out of a interview when something from his past was brought up. I'm not saying that he is guilty of something, but usually you don't get upset if you have nothing to hide.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

I have to admit this bugs me too. You are not only dead set on seeing Ron Paul as president, but you are ready to vote his son in 4 yrs later.. So you have that much faith in Ron Paul that you have decided his son is great as well just because he is related to Ron Paul, or is it because he is a doctor that is not a politician etc as stated on his campaign page?

I saw someone said he had no skeletons in the closet but just today I saw a headline about him getting testy and storming out of a interview when something from his past was brought up.

I totally agree, but if Paul does what he says he will, then the President's power will be nominal at best. He's the only one that wants to get the job, and then essentially make the job irrelevant. If Rand Paul is handed the torch then I don't think he'll have much power, really. And one of the whole points here with this revolution is that hereditary rule needs to die out. Jobs should be decided by merit and ability. Rand Paul doesn't have my vote because he isn't running, and he hasn't proved himself yet. Does he even want the job?

Also... Can I have a link to that Bush interview?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Nothing lasts forever, sadly history will repeat all over again and the wealth will be robbed once more. The silver lining is because history is circular it is easy to predict the outcome of over government taxation. This wisdom is what makes revolutionaries out of men.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

We have to make the 2012 Election count!! Not just by voting in Ron Paul but by voting out the corrupt congressmen, senators, and representatives that have made our entire government such a mess all they way down to mayors and silly litlle aldermen of every podunk town in the USA!! So I am Ron Paul all the way, but now I am looking in the other direction to see who can be replaced in these other positions! I am looking for people like Ron that mean what they say and say what they mean and to hell with the TPTB, because honestly if WE took back the power we have given up, WE THE PEOPLE are the TPTB!! If WE as THE PEOPLE put the right people in office we can make CHANGE for the better! I mean real and lasting change! WE MUST change as many of them this chance as we can for this country to heal itself and have a chance of survival! Even if Ron Paul is only president for 4 years, if we make these kind of changes then we have a chance!! JMHO

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Oh and we must teach our children what the CONSTITUTION is and why we have it !!!!!!!!! There is a major lack of this type of education in our schools these days. I honestly don't feel that most people even know what it is or what it truly means to their everyday life!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

Someone already answered this but I will go with a different slant to the question.

Truth is you have to seperate the hardcore, educated Obama supporters from the typical Obama voter. The true supporters knew that change would not be easy, and it would require a lot of hard work, and an engaged populace. They probably thought that an Obama presidency would inspire those who didn't "get it" just yet, and voila you would have your inspired country. Of course they were energetic about this.

In contrast to the hardcore educated Obama supporter, the typical Obama voter has an extremely simplistic view of the way things work. The early, hardcore Obama supporters of 2008 were actually quite educated and had every reason to be excited.

But like a lot of Ron Paul supporters they found in 2008 that common society is just too stupid or doesn't care for true change, whether liberal or conservative. It's a shame really.

I think you should ask our lazy society that lacks vision why great presidents can't make a difference, not their true supporters who actually and truly understand how they mean to fix things and what direction they want to take the country.

It is pretty rare to find someone who truly understands another, extremely rare to find someone who deeply understands a president's political and societal philosophy.

In essence I don't blame the true Obama supporters at all. I blame the populace who voted on what their TV's told them too, and didn't understand what they were voting for.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think we would see 4 years of nothing getting done other than Paul and Congress fighting with each other. Thats thing about campaign promises they pretty much mean bunk if you can not get Congress on board.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

And this is a good thing? How?

What good does it do to perpetuate a situation like you described?

But often people who answer questions the way you have never worry about that.

Any politician with enough political capital and money behind him to do what you describe here would be entirely entrenched in the status quo system and corrupt to the toes. How is that better?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I honestly think a lot of you are missing the point entirely. There is no such thing as a honest politician. I don't care what the man says or his history looks like. They are all in it for the power and nothing more. Our system is built to where we the people can choose who is running the country and who is not. I think a lot of people fail to see how corrupted that system has become. Those who do see it have become disillusioned with Democracy and just gave up on voting. Therefore the two party system wins. As long as those unhappy with the system continue to let it run the way they want the longer they will have total control. It's easy to ignore popular vote in one state but not 50 states. If everyone in America did what FL did they couldn't cover it up. ie. Gore/Bush

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Look around the world and gain some perspective. The political situation (human rights, liberty, etc.) in the United States is so soft in comparison to say, some communist countries and countries that truly don't respect human life. We are so spoiled here we have to sit and find conspiracies to worry about, while the horror in other countries is so real they have no need for conspiracy theory when it comes to speaking a message that is not in tune with the government. (Iran, N. Korea, Vietnam, perhaps China, etc.) Activists in those countries don't worry that 10 years away there will be FEMA camps, concentration camps, they worry that tomorrow they may be captured, tortured, or murdered in some government "operation."

The problems of American democracy truly pale in comparison to what the rest of the world has to deal with.

I know you will say I missed the point but my point is that every problem you brought up is beyond petty. The idea that the smart people on a superficial level are "too good to vote" and then you say the people that don't vote (the same "smart people" you brought up), are the reason the two party system persists...

So it seems like it's all in our heads here in America. While in other countries there are actual political ramifications and physical consequences. Here in America all we have to do really is open our minds and let go of personal greed, and prosperity and happiness will be unavoidable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join