It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say Turin Shroud is Supernatural !!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by dalan.

You serve Satan, do you think your little comic strip offends me in any way shape or form?

Jesus Christ is the Lord and savoir of man kind, and every knee will eventually bow to him including Lucifer.

The Jesus you Picture is not the one I serve.
edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

You keep mentioning Lucifer as if the name is relevant towards your religious beliefs. Do some research and you'll realize that it is a mistranslation from the original Hebrew old testament into Latin by Jerome.

Lucifer originally means "son of morning" or "bearer of light". Even it's use in modern gnosticism is more symbolism than any real belief in some evil deity who wishes suffering upon human-kind. The modern symbolism is parallel with Prometheus of the Greek pantheon, being our source of intelligence for better or worse, in defiance of the controlling gods of Olympus, or in this case the controlling deity Yahweh or Jehovah.

In your case none of this really matters; you believe in the literal translation of the Old Testament it seems, and you obviously mean Satan when you say Lucifer will even bow.

It is also humorous that you attack the speculations that these posted findings of these Italian Scientists could have been caused by extra-terrestrial origin (which to me is as far a stretch as your claims, as the legitimacy of the Shroud itself are not certain), because you already established that extra-terrestrials, ghosts, and demons are all one in the same. A BOLD STATEMENT I might add. It's this type of over-simplification and assumed KNOWING-NESS on your behalf that makes it difficult to really consider your own speculations.

I'm all for the teachings of Jesus, though I am not certain he truly existed. But it seems bible-thumpers seem to think that the use of critical thought and TOLERANCE are for some reason BELOW THEM.

But I guess if the Old Testament is true, God (Yahweh), never intended for humans to have the fruit of knowledge, so I guess using our own wisdom and common sense is the work of the devil anyhow..?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I can't replicate X, therefore X is magic.

Lame.

We couldn't figure out stonehenge for the longest time, then some guy in Michigan started building his own stonehenge by himself. www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

People show interest due to the fact that it is a negative image from over 500 years before photography was invented, is not a painting because there is no paint. Either way if it is real or made by man we would still want to know how it was done because it shows a profound replication of anatomy. If it was done by a person then that person knew what he was doing.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Just because today's scientists say there is no way they could have done it doesn't mean it's true. They've also said that people couldn't have build the pyramids, or cut, moved, and stacked giant stones like in the numerous cities all around Mexico and South America, and couldn't have made all the different artifacts and tools we've found, but yet they did. Just because they were clever and we don't know how they did it doesn't mean it had to be supernatural. Also, the shroud was tested to be from around 1300 A.D., only 700 years ago.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonATI
Just because today's scientists say there is no way they could have done it doesn't mean it's true. They've also said that people couldn't have build the pyramids, or cut, moved, and stacked giant stones like in the numerous cities all around Mexico and South America, and couldn't have made all the different artifacts and tools we've found, but yet they did. Just because they were clever and we don't know how they did it doesn't mean it had to be supernatural. Also, the shroud was tested to be from around 1300 A.D., only 700 years ago.

I think part of the mystery there is more why someone would do such a thing, they already know how they were done.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Like a Good Father, God wanted to have a picture of his Son to show everybody :-)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

edit on 12/23/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I have no doubt it's authentic and is the true burial cloth of Jesus. I'm not saying that out of faith .. I'm saying that from science. The Carbon Dating was seriously flawed. The weave and pollen are from the time period and area of the Jerusalem. The head being smaller than the body is due to the head being wrapped .. as described in the biblical accounts. The fact it's a photo negative and that people back then simply couldn't (and woudln't) create something like this. The blood stains are HUMAN blood ... it's been tested. The coins on the eyes ... etc etc etc.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonATI

(Scientists) also said that people couldn't have build the pyramids, or cut, moved, and stacked giant stones like in the numerous cities all around Mexico and South America, and couldn't have made all the different artifacts and tools we've found, but yet they did.

I think you've mistaken "scientists" for the ancient alien set. Anybody, including scientists, are able to realize that human beings are capable of cutting and moving stone. You've made an invalid argument.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

One group of scientists find a way to replicate the effect with modern tech and thus the shroud is "super natural".

Not one other possible way it could of come about. Nope, not one.

Its either Lasers or Magic.

Since I know there is no such thing as magic it must been time travelers or aliens.

This is a certainty.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If we are cut, do we not bleed?
That could be anyone's blood. It wouldn't be the first time anyone's used bodily fluids in art and even if as some suggest it is a genuine burial shroud of someone else it would still have bodily fluids leaked into it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Why do you people always have to shout "ET" when you find something that cannot be explained by normal human measure?

Those like me can ask the same question, just replace ET with God.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

One group of scientists find a way to replicate the effect with modern tech and thus the shroud is "super natural".

Not one other possible way it could of come about. Nope, not one.

Its either Lasers or Magic.

Since I know there is no such thing as magic it must been time travelers or aliens.

This is a certainty.

Not a certainty but it would be nice to know how the shroud was made. I just started reading about it myself and one scientist claimed he recreated the shroud recently but he used paint.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
That could be anyone's blood.

Taken as a whole ... human blood ... the pollen .. the weave ... the coins .... the fact that it's a photographic negative ... the fact that no one ever did anything even remotely like this .... the fact that people back then couldn't do anything like this .... everything as a whole ... I believe it to be authentic. If something comes up in the future to show otherwise .. fine. But as of right now, I believe it to be authentic.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'm not saying that out of faith .. I'm saying that from science. The Carbon Dating was seriously flawed.

That's everything but a scientific approach. If you want to use deductive reasoning you can't just stop after one deduction, that's backwards.

Also, religio-tards, please leave the internet and go back to reading thousand year old parables. This place is for the new generations of Earth. Not the backward, conspiring bunch of know-it-alls that you present yourselves as.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Let a Japanese/Chinese/non-Christian affiliated scientist look at it.

I'm sure they'll find the proper explanation for it within 5 minutes of study.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Science is not bound by a single book written by people who claim they hold the secrets of the world because they went to [insert prestigious university here].

Truth.

The problem is that too many people take the words of people who work with science.

Its almost as if they are saying "If a scientist says it, its got to be true".... not very different from religious fundamentalists who say "if XYZ said it, its got to be true".

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Super natural does not mean "proof" by word. The term itself means that there are high odds something is not caused by nature being the reason it could be hard to explain...

Didn't the italian government imprison a bunch of geologists/scientists for "not" predicting an earthquake? It's worth questioning their credibility. Although to me, the "cloth" simply looks like it has been burned.... maybe it was exposed to long durations of uv-light from the sun, covered in such a way to leave an impression of a face/body.

How do we know this is "jesus" anyway? It could be the outline of any person during the time it was made.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Interesting that the "Italian Government" is the one pushing this new development" the Catholic church most be hurting for members when even I have been seen commercials about the "Church" lately on national TV.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
what got my interest was that the snip of the article said that high-powered UV laser light produced some similar results that the actual Shroud has.

Just what properties were replicated? i would like to know if the 3 dimensional characteristics is among the effects recreated on the new test shroud... also if the colouring changes on the new test shroud were ingrained into the fabric in the same manner as the original ...

under intense magnification it reveals that only the thinnest veneer of the individual thread was colored just as a directed beam of light would only hit a flat surface and the refracted & reflected light would then bathe all the indirect surfaces and shadow areas with illumination

then we should wonder if a more intense frequency of energy, beyond the UV band, would produce even better and a more complete copy of the original Shroud of Turin.
See, X-Ray energy and the Gamma Ray bands of energy are both more intense and exist in a much wider band width than just the UV Lasers used in the OP test project

see: imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Other examples of EM radiation are microwaves, infrared and ultraviolet light, X-rays and gamma-rays. Hotter, more energetic objects and events create higher energy radiation than cool objects. Only extremely hot objects or particles moving at very high velocities can create high-energy radiation like X-rays and gamma-rays.

what If:

what if the Shroud were declared a supernatural relic

what if it were taken to either the Dome of the Rock or else a 3rd Temple (when built) and put on display by the united Ecumenical church party..

. might that act then be interpreted as the Abomination of Desolation spoken of in Daniel & Revelation when the image of the AC takes his Seat in the Holy Place??

history and the dynamics of humanity might well bestow the Shroud of Turin with mystical & supernatural qualities...who is to say that even-if-real as a burial cloth of Jesus, that it might not become a profane thing in the end.

edit on 23-12-2011 by St Udio because: fill in gaps

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join