It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say Turin Shroud is Supernatural !!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

Yeah, one of the first things I looked for actually.

There seems to be a swirl/tornado shape coming from the crown of the head and the base of the spine too.

Interesting...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Sure, it could have been produced by high intensity UV laser beams......Or it could have been created any number of ways, many of which have been tried, and have replicated very similar results as those on the shroud....I've always been fond of believing it's nothing more than an early example of a photographic negative from the middle ages. Everything fits for it to be, including the fact that the image is clearer when it's shown as a negative (just as any photographic negative would). Here's the likely scenario....some alchemist or early scientist came up with a simple photographic process, and decided to use it to create a "miracle".....It's as simple as that.

Some researchers even claim the original hoaxer was Leonardo DaVinci himself! He certainly fits the bill....some even suggesting that he did it for heretical reasons, and that the face on the image is of himself (it certainly resembles him). Trying to prove it's Leonardo that did it is likely to be impossible....but the scenario of some early scientist/artist creating an early photo negative process is both plausible and fascinating....No Aliens or Miracles needed!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by Jim Scott
The essence of science is experiments that can be replicated. Therefore, the scientists claims can be verified over and over. That being said, if they are correct it shows that the Shroud is the actual burial cloth of Jesus Christ, and that He actually had a supernatural event inside the Shroud, almost proving the resurrection of Jesus.

Thanks to Jesus for leaving us with this relic through all these centuries!

But science proved that the shroud is only 600 years old. Thanks to science for being a double edged sword

The Shroud was repaired where it was burned, and the sample was taken from the repaired part. There is also a plastic material coating the Shroud, produced by bacteria, which is affecting the age.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44
reply to post by Gwampo

In all fairness, an 'atheist scientist' would also have tainted/biased agendas.
As would Islamic.
As would any other human being.
We are all biased towards our beliefs.

With that said, each one of us are also able to over come that. So, yes, I do believe it would be possible for a Christian/Catholic scientist to put aside his bias, as with an atheist or any one else.

You make a valid point. But bias scientists have no place in the world of science. You cannot be bias towards anything if you are looking for the cold hard facts of the matter.

Granted you maybe bias towards your own theories, but that bias will not hide the truth of what is taking place in said experiment. And if you want your idea to be published and put into journals or textbooks it must pass the scrutiny of other scientists, therefore eliminating the bias.

Yes it's true MOST scientists are Atheist/Agnostic. But you have to understand they need to see proof of things, and since there really is only a 2,000 year old book explaining about God. They really cannot give it any credit, because to them it's nothing but hearsay.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I just wanna know why this thread was closed after 7 replies 3 days ago, but this thread is alive in well 2 days later.

Its the explanation marks isn't it? I knew it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

It has Risen from the Dead!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Wasn't the shroud carbon dated and it proved that the shroud wasn't that old?

Also, when you hear a Scientist say supernatural then you have to call BS, the supernatural AT BEST is an unproven entity so should never be used as a prrof by any scientist worth a pinch of salt, and as said, if said scientist(s) are catholic then no trust should be placed on them as they are caught in a self for-filling role in this case.

How many would call the shroud a fake after begging the church to allow them near it, how many would dare banish the thought that this material WASN'T the image of Christ.

An again, it claimed that was the cloth that Jesus was wrapped in yet if that were true the marks would be very wide, anyone who's into skinning 3D models would know what I mean. That leaves the idea that its some sort of picture imposed on cloth YET its apparent got blood residue across the image which would support the wrap idea if only the mechanics of that had been able to work.

I'll try and explain the 3D model skinning bit, if you take a bit of cloth, cover your face in paint and then press the cloth over your face to cove from the edge of the ear across the face to the other ear and then remove the cloth and lay it flat you would see the image is 3 times as wide as the face full on, you have the left side, the middle and the right side, to look at its a round face but when flattened its a wide image, thus any wrap of Jesus would be much wider in almost every place.

For me its like the religion (and any other religion) a thing of faith based upon a totally unproven idea whose only claims are stories from an era when story telling was the big thing.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Could it possibly the effects of Jesus' regeneration upon the shroud?

Whether emanating from Jesus, or applied to the body from an outside source (God, or E.T), these may be residual trace marks left by the process.

In which case, does ultraviolet hold the key, or at least play a part in extreme healing, or even extending lifespan?

Alternatively, they may be from the body's transportation/teleportation to another locale where it underwent healing etc.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
hmm interesting to say the least , some mention alchemy , well yeh there is a far greater hidden message in many alchemiacal texts , the hidden history of the world !

It could mean anything , there are religious scientists !
Einstein believed in god!

It just poses more questions than giving any answers !

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius

Science has also proven that the Pyramids are impossible..........but the pyramids are there right?

I hate when people say that. When did science "prove the pyramids are impossible?" Scientists have actually been working for a very long time discovering how the pyramids were constructed in ancient times and i'm sure if you asked the latest researchers they would gladly tell you how ancient egyptians slaved for generations to complete them. This impossible pyramid bs is the biggest load of tosh I've ever heard and people need to stop using them in examples.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by verschickter

Edit: So my explanation, it were ETs and their beam to move jesus (an ET) to their craft used UV light.

So you are just making up your own wild conspricy theorys that have no place in reality?

That is the equivalent of saying Yogi Bear got into the cave and made the shroud by his methane exploding and creating a high intensity of UV.

Making up theory's is all well and good but only if you have something to back it up. In your case you just made this ET theory up on a whim because I take it your an extreme UFO enthousiaste, who is quick to shout "ET" at everything that cannot be explained, without foundation or evidence
edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Dude, your doing the exact same thing by saying this is the "divine power of god"...what proof do YOU have? What the Bible, your Pastor...a book written by man to control men? Seriously...if you want to find "god/creator" look past the control measures instigated by man and ignore every single thing you have ever been told by "people" because most of the time it is total lies or a huge bending of the truth, start thinking outside the box.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I'm sorry to burst your blind and faithful reverance, yet misinformed zealotry, but it is all a christian propaganda mission. With the effort to comfort the dying idea of animal-like explanations of what happened on this rock.

They. Were. Paid.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Katerna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Kind of like asking if the holocaust investigators were Jewish no? I don't think it matters myself, but I can see you point.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

Could it possibly the effects of Jesus' regeneration upon the shroud?

That is what they're going for and no doubt I'll be hearing about this shroud non-stop from overzealous family members during the holidays(oh goody, who doesn't love brainwashed religio-tards during the holidays).

BUT, it is simply not true.

I think the biggest give-away is that the dude in the cloth looks like the white "jesus"(jesus from the bible is not white) from movies and propaganda leaflets...I mean, what are the odds of that happening? They managed to find an image of "christ" and it looks exactly how it should look to reaffirm the faith of millions of Catholics because the image looks the same as ALL THOSE OTHER CATHOLIC IMAGES AND PICTURES.

One has to be really, really, really unobservant to miss this.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
What is the possibility they left it in the sun for some period of time? Is the sun powerful enough?

Are people going to be arrogant to the point that we only could do amazing things in the last 100 years? What an insult to our long lost ancestors!!!

Today there exist forgeries of things that we considered "impossible" until the moment it was proven forged...
edit on 23-12-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Perhaps aliens made religion and made this aswell as a way of control.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
People here talk about what true scientists are and that religion would give a bias towards their point of view. Some of the best scientists are religious, should we discredit all the work done by religious people? No ! I think science should maintain it's course by having peers review your findings.

Is this supernatural? If it isn't than I would like to see scientists duplicate it with the same technology they had back when it was first made.

Were these guys biased? It doesn't matter if you are biased as long as your peers can review your work and duplicate it in the lab. That is what science is about. It shouldn't matter if you are White, Black, Yellow, Religious, or have no degree.

Science is not bound by a single book written by people who claim they hold the secrets of the world because they went to [insert prestigious university here].

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

The essence of science is experiments that can be replicated. Therefore, the scientists claims can be verified over and over. That being said, if they are correct it shows that the Shroud is the actual burial cloth of Jesus Christ, and that He actually had a supernatural event inside the Shroud, almost proving the resurrection of Jesus.

Thanks to Jesus for leaving us with this relic through all these centuries!

But science proved that the shroud is only 600 years old. Thanks to science for being a double edged sword

The Shroud was repaired where it was burned, and the sample was taken from the repaired part. There is also a plastic material coating the Shroud, produced by bacteria, which is affecting the age.

What a load of bull.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Dito.
Load of bollax. Its fake. No jesus, no god, get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Lets think...
a UV source we can not build today.
two thousand years ago.

sounds like the pyramids,
wich we can not rebuild (that precise) today.
some thousand years ago.

hm. ET anyone?

We can rebuild the pyramids today just as precisely and there is no reason it couldn't have been done at the time. The only place you will find that nonsense being perpetuated is a) here, or at least in the opinion of some and b) in the books and programmes of profit seeking con artists looking to take your time/money.

As for the shroud, who knows. Maybe some things are meant to remain inconclusive as a test of faith? Maybe, maybe not.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join