It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say Turin Shroud is Supernatural !!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

People who aren't satisfied with all that God has given them as evidence enough. Will not be granted the evidence they demand because who are they to demand it in the first place.

Evidence such as? You suggest that God has already given plenty of evidence... so where is it Randy? Is it the beauty and complexity of creation? A baby's laugh and a butterflies wings?

Your argument is a smoldering load, the old "even if He did prove himself no one would accept him."

Perhaps you're missing that part in the Bible where every knee shall bow and every tongue confess, you know, the part where God shows up and proves his existence to everyone. God's saving that for the end though, right, before he burns almost who's ever lived everyone forever, brilliant plan

I don't want to derail the thread though Randy, so send me a U2U message or perhaps even post a thread about all the wonderful evidence for God you're referencing in your post. But then, why bother, since God has already proved himself so well, which is why there's Buddhism, Islam, Greek mythology, Norse mythology, Aztec religion, Mayan religion, roman mythology, Sumerian mythology, Hinduism, several thousand variations of Christianity, Egyptian beliefs, various tribal belief systems and pantheons, Shinto and ancestor worship, etgc. Thousands of gods throughout human history, a vast array of superstition and belief spanning thousands and thousands of years and you have the arrogance to simply assert that YOUR specific God has already proved himself sufficiently... yeah,

edit on 23-12-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

Let me throw something out there. Lets say we are beings of light, and when we "ascend" to our higher selves, or attain a higher consciousness, we radiate light. Could the markings on the Shroud have been caused by Jesus either entering or leaving his human body and ascending to his "light body"?

Thing is no one can go that stretch to say this is definetly Jesus Christ. No way can anyone say that.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
OH and one more thing.

"eh i don't understand so therefore; DEMON!"

scientists and the religious are almost one in the same.

Both have winded up with closed minds.

I'm more saddened by that in the scientists as a whole, because well, they should always assume that they don't know it all.

You can have faith, sure, it's great actually, but don't let your faith be so strong that you become ignorant..

Go ahead, tell me i worship satan, it'll only prove my point.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And you are right.

I just thought i'd throw out another possibility!

If i would've read all 7 pages of this thread before i replied..well i wouldn't have replied. Don't want to be demonized..

But a part of me ( a large part) is telling me that the shroud is a fake. An ancient hoax?

Too bad this thread went the way of insults and ignorance.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

WOW.

That is fascinating.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Same could be asked about an atheist scientist ya ? As you know , most of them are atheist anyway which is why we have the same kind of ....well, you know.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

The opposite would then also be true, how could an atheist scientist research potential paranormal (hate that term anything that is possible is normal) phenomena without bias, in fact it's obvious that they do have bias in many cases with the crap explanations they try to use to explain away certain phenomena...

Jaden

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
its far more freeing to simply KNOW that "God" exists, without giving a flying fig about evidence.

but for that you would have to actually understand the truth. which i guess you find when you are ready. and until then, stuff like this is what gets you by.

oh well.

edit on 23-12-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

It was not proven that it was a fraud from the middle ages by oxford....I hate when something comes along to support something and people come out of the woodwork with blanket statements about how it's been proven time and time again.

First off, science cannot prove ANYTHING, they can only provide evidence that supports a theory or fails to support it.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Liars always have the best stories.

Always

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Really....why should anyone care? No one even knows if it was Jesus' burial cloth. No one knows for certain that any religion is viable. The definition of Faith is to believe in something whether or not there is any real logic or proof to the issue.

Count me out! If there is a GOD....it's not like anything anyone could comprehend anyways. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Even if God Himself showed up and told someone He exists it's likely the person will say he is hallucinations..

70,000 people at Fatima were idiots I guess. Not to mention the miracles at Lourdes.
edit on 23-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
If this isnt religious propaganda i dont know what is.

Its so sad i have to laugh that grown adults believe in such a distorted and contradictory stories as those portrayed in religious dogma written edited and rewritten and re edited and then re written and then reedited and then ...you get the point. Talk about chinese wispers gone haywire.

The only thing supernatural is peoples gullibility. I guess its their innocence but come on its 2011 almost 2012 get a clue. Waiting for god to save you is like hoping the easter bunny will pay off your mortgage.

Obviously all this is going to be like water on a ducks back for most of the Ned Flanders types on here. They can justify anything.

I suspect from a deeper psychological stand point most of these religious fanatics know they are chasing a pipe dream. Subconsciously they know, but they cant seem to come to grips with the fact so they need to CONVERT everybody to their way of thinking. So they come to sites like this to "SAVE US". When ironically it's THEMSELVES who need the saving.

I dare say they will even read this post and ignore it as the things mentioned are too much for their psyche to cope with.

At the end of the day i dont care nor do i need people to believe in what i believe. its MY belief and MY faith is strong enough. The bible bashers are clearly not.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

It's just an incredible gap in logic right there, in the assumption that irradiating the cloth with laser light IS the only way to color it in some fashion. This is preposterous.

To give a much simpler example -- linens can be bleached by either UV light, or by a wide variety of chemical agents. Or even combination of chemicals and light. Same applies to other colors.

These Italians needed PR, and the way to achieve that was for them to oversell the Turin Shroud connection. To me it sounds like pr0stituting the religion.

Wriong, that is not what was stated...

There are certain anomalies with the shroud that prior to these tests had never been properly explained. The way that the coloration was in the fibers and under the cross fibers I believe was one of the anomalies.

If they have managed to reproduce the anomalous properties in the cloth by using a high intensity UV laser that wasn't heretofore available, then conventional medieval hoaxes are highly unlikely.

You see, when Oxford used the evidences that they proposed to support the theory that it was a medieval hoax, they couldn't explain all of the anomalies, this team is claiming that tests they have conducted managed to reproduce the effect as well as the anomalous properties of the shroud. Hence, it is a more successfully evidenced theory, negating the theory of a medieval hoax until and unless more evidence is provided to support the theory of a medieval hoax...

You see that's how real science works...

Jaden

Jaden

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That's a GREAT story, too bad there is historical record of the shroud from the 1100's where it was burned in a fire...lol..

Man, people go to great lengths to discount things that are not within their belief system don't they...

Jaden

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Im an Ancient Alien theory believer. If there was a "God/Jesus" then he was Extraterrestrial. I dont have any evidence to back my claims like the bible thumpers and Jesus believers do, but I feel like my theory is a lot more believable.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
That might make sense if they had not reproduced the Shroud over and over again. not to mention as others have posted at Jesus's time they did not use Shrouds. If you go back some one was nice enough to explain that they never used shrouds.

Explained in detail what and how the Hebrew burial rights, so even if we were to forget for a moment that the shroud it self isn't even as old as Jesus, He still never would have been buried in it. Or the fact that it describes in the bible how they prepared Jesus.

It sure as hell wasn't a shroud that is for sure. People need to read their bibles, not fall victim to mans trickery. The Whole point of the bible is a test of faith, god will not prove to you that he exists. He would not even give you Jesus on toast, or a shroud, or any thing of the like.

He will come like a thief in the night and none know the hour in which he will come..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Science can't explain it, therefore something "Supernatural" did it. Makes perfect sense to me. It's a shroud, cool.
Happens to have the "Ideal" Image of "Jesus" on it.. Hmm.. I have seen pictures of "Jesus" on all sorts of things. Just off the top of my head there has been toast, a dogs rear end, wooden doors and I think I saw one picture of a tree with his image on it.

Yea it's not possible that people are seeing what they want to see in said images?

Is it an image of jesus? Maybe. I won't discredit that, but is it just as possible people are seeing what "They" want to see in the shroud? More then likely so.

My issue with the article is, they used lasers to recreate it then claim they didn't have the technology to do it back in those times then claim it must be a supernatural thing. So they instantly rule out any natural causes for this to be made? Since they can only do it with lasers? Sounds like pseudo-science.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This is really quite silly in my opinion, it reminds me of people searching for the holy grail, thinking it was some golden chalice, when in reality it would have just been an ordinary wooden cup!

Like wise jesus burial cloth would have been just that, an ordinary cloth and nothing more. Even hypothetically, if this was some "super natural" cloth what significance would it have, in my personal opinion, none at all. Why dont people go search for his holy sandals because that would about as productive as this!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

In all fairness, an 'atheist scientist' would also have tainted/biased agendas.
As would Islamic.
As would any other human being.
We are all biased towards our beliefs.

With that said, each one of us are also able to over come that. So, yes, I do believe it would be possible for a Christian/Catholic scientist to put aside his bias, as with an atheist or any one else.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join