It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say Turin Shroud is Supernatural !!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Professor Paolo Di Lazzaro, who led the study, said: ‘When one talks about a flash of light being able to colour a piece of linen in the same way as the shroud, discussion inevitably touches on things such as miracles. ‘But as scientists, we were concerned only with verifiable scientific processes. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Sounds like a "scientist" to me.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!

Here's the topic:

Scientists say Turin Shroud is Supernatural !!!

Please stick to it.....Please also post meaningful material, in a civil manner!

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Professor Paolo Di Lazzaro, who led the study, said: ‘When one talks about a flash of light being able to colour a piece of linen in the same way as the shroud, discussion inevitably touches on things such as miracles. ‘But as scientists, we were concerned only with verifiable scientific processes. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Sounds like a "scientist" to me.

He also says "We achieved a very superficial Shroud-like coloration of linen yarns in a narrow range of irradiation parameters"
cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

Very superficial......wonder exactly what that means in this context?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

They blasted the cloth with UV at different power levels, and reported that they "achieved a very superficial Shroud-like coloration of linen yarns in a narrow range of irradiation parameters." The best effect depended on laser pulses lasting less than 50 nanoseconds. "These processes may have played a role in the generation of the body image on the Shroud of Turin," the researchers report. They don't go so far as to claim a miracle. But the fact that UV laser blasters didn't exist in the 13th century, let alone in Jesus' day, strongly implies that they suspect something out of the ordinary was going on.

I think this is what they meant........."something out of the ordinary"

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

It's fake bro. Archeaological evidence indicates that the hebrew never used burial shrouds like that. They bound the body in strips of linen or a combination of wool and linen. A strip tied around the head to keep the jaw closed, strips arounds the wrists and waste tohold the arms in place and to the body and strips around the knees to keep the legs together and finally strips tied the ankles to keep the feet together and then the dead were carried on a bier (Jesus himself probably carried on a bier built from his cross). To where their first burial took place where the body was stored for a year until the flesh rotted away from the bones and the bones could then have second burial in the family tomb where the family bones were kept in ossuarries until ressurection day.

ancient hebrew burial rites

Jesus would not have allowed that thing to go on existing lest it become an idol or a thing of worship, he or the apostles would have likely have destroyed it so that it would not become an idol.That shroud would be a stumbling block to future generations of believers. He wants us to have faith in him, and focus on God not that fake shroud.
edit on 22-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
reply to post by dilly1

I see that you failed to comprehend the logic of the debate. If it was a piece of cloth covering the body of some Templar, that's interesting. Still, the topic of this thread and the original discussion has no relevance to this theory of yours, in that coloration of fabric in and by itself does not prove anything at all.

Ok,,, I'll dumb it down for you. Its not supernatural. Its piece of cloth laid on the dead body of Jacques de molay. He was tortured by King Francis the same exact way Yeshua was supposedly tortured in the Bible. It was an intentional act to make an example of the Grand Master. There are many historical books depicting and proving all of the shroud's blood stains. The typical image of the jesus and the shroud is the image of Jacques de molay. The shroud is Nothing special ,other than a great man did not give into corruption at that time. That's it

All other alternative theories are based on nothing ,just fantasy.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Groundhogday /Dejavu , I have been here before
20-12-2011
edit on 22-12-2011 by Droidinvoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Flagged and starred OP. I think most people at least those posting in this thread would rather things were their way. It doesn't matter what the truth is to these people, or that there will only be one truth in the end. And it most likely won't be what they thought.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
jesus never died he just used his super powers to heal himself for 3 days and it left that ultra violet imprint on that nice piece of cloth... ultra violet... near the same frequency as dna... dna the building block of man and the most power molecule man has to offer
lol i have no idea of what im talking

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Argyll

Right... that's why I think these scientists are independent of the Vatican, but some people here seem to have a hard time understanding this minor details.
edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

I agree. Like the fact that the shroud is only 600 years old as proven by science and therefore can't be the image of anyone from 2000 years ago. Just a minor detail.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

Sorry back at you. Any study that says the image was painted on is hoaky at best. !988 carbon 14 ? proven to be invalid.

No. Just hearsay put out by religious people to destroy the truth.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Hasn't anyone told you that c14 carbon dating can be highly inaccurate already?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

reply to post by verschickter

Edit: So my explanation, it were ETs and their beam to move jesus (an ET) to their craft used UV light.

So you are just making up your own wild conspricy theorys that have no place in reality?

That is the equivalent of saying Yogi Bear got into the cave and made the shroud by his methane exploding and creating a high intensity of UV.

Making up theory's is all well and good but only if you have something to back it up. In your case you just made this ET theory up on a whim because I take it your an extreme UFO enthousiaste, who is quick to shout "ET" at everything that cannot be explained, without foundation or evidence

Speaking of *making up* things. I see your thread on the cave demon was shown to be a total fabrication, as a click and paste job by you, from an online article from 2 years ago......It only took 10 posts in for members to catch you in a complete hoax, and for the thread to be removed. You refused to answer my questions in that thread.

Based on your past actions, you have lost credibility with me. Good luck with this thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Even if the shroud were 100% undeniably legit, as in proof of age, it doesn't mean its Jesus Christ. The image doesn't even look like the Christ described in the bible. There is a resemblance to the Christ, which was first envisioned in the 6th century, which was modelled after the Graeco-Egyptian god "Serapis" [pictured].

The bible describes Jesus as being like burnt bronze. That's not Caucasian, as the shroud depicts. The shroud isn't even consistent with the way people were buried in those times in that region of the world.
It also doesn't help their case that the Italians did the work on this piece of cloth. They need a less bias team of researches (ie> non-christian) to look it over. Of course then, if it's found to be a fake or legit, but 100% not Christ, the Christian community will call foul and say the researchers are trying to discredit their faith.
The whole mess is a catch 22. The point is, who cares?
We already know most of Christ's "miracles" and attributions were borrowed from older cultures and faiths, so even if Christ existed, he'd likely have been just a religious scholar and advocate for peace and tolerance, who was killed for running his mouth against the established theological hierarchy of the time, if he was killed at all.
The long short is, if you believe, believe. If you don't... well short of the man descending from the heavens on a white horse, saying "I'm J.C.! My dad's kinda a big deal", you're not likely to care, whether the shroud is real or not. Hell, even the appearance of Christ may not impress some of us enough to care.

edit on 22-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Italian scientists have claimed that supernatural events created the Shroud of Turin? I call BS. Since when does science deal with the supernatural? Since when are supernatural events understood by science. Apparently these supernatural processes, keep in mind that supernatural implies they defy the laws of nature, are understood well enough that scientists can determine they were at work with the Shroud of Turin.

They don't even have proof that the image on the shroud IS THAT OF JESUS since no one knows what he looked like. Even if proved to be supernatural or nigh impossible you still have to prove it actually belonged to Jesus. You might as well say a time traveler with the laser technology to forge the shroud went back in time, as long as we're completely making stuff up.
edit on 22-12-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
On the very same day of news, scientists deemed it fake. So.... who to believe?

www.telegraph.co.uk......
Shroud-of-Turin-is-a-medieval-fake-say-Italian-scientists

"The Shroud of Turin has been reproduced, according to Italian scientists, who claimed their experiment proved that the linen some Christians revere as Jesus's burial cloth is a medieval fake."

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

The carbon dating was a failure because they chose a sample from the corner where the shroud used to be handled quite a lot .. that would be the worst possible place to carbon date it due to contamination.

As for the artist, that theory doesn't make any sense at all under scrutiny .. they found no paint, no pigmentation.. nothing.. scientists were unable to reproduce it, not only that but only the top fibers have the discoloration effect.. the artist would have had to have been painting this thing a single fiber at a time with a brush the size of a needle to get this effect ..

Ultimately those two things fall apart ( carbon dating and the artist ) .. I'm not saying the shroud was created by un-natural means.. I'm just saying I don't know what did it =)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

No way is it a medieval hoax they didn't even have the technology to make such a thing back then.

I think you'd be surprised by the tricks real Alchemists had up their voluminous sleeves, back in the day.

Did you read the article? Scientists have proven that there is no way that could of created this in medieval times. Some how I don't think even the best Alchemists had high-intensity ultra violet lasers back in those days.

they have replicated the shroud on more then one occasion already.

I am pretty sure that if you would do a background check on these scientists you will find that they are religious and are biased.You can bet your life on it that they were set to this task and its outcome fro the get go.the vatican has kept the shroud and pieces of it away from scientists for decades soon after the last carbon dating tests showed that it could not be real and did not fit the story at all.

And now all of a sudden 'scientists' from italy are allowed to perform tests on it and come up with this? mmmyeah right.Anyone who should consider themselves a religious dunce will willingly fall for it im sure anyone who isn't a dunce wont and roll their eyes at the obvious attempt of creating yet a new excuse to justify one of their main attractions and money makers from vaticanland.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Jesus would not have allowed that thing to go on existing lest it become an idol or a thing of worship, he or the apostles would have likely have destroyed it so that it would not become an idol.That shroud would be a stumbling block to future generations of believers. He wants us to have faith in him, and focus on God not that fake shroud.

Lonewolf my hats off to you. This is where Christ is leading us IMO. People who aren't satisfied with all that God
has given them as evidence enough. Will not be granted the evidence they demand because who are they to demand it in the first place. They are no one and they are going nowhere.

Like some spoiled kid. And even then, it wouldn't change them a bit.

The evidences collected by far suggest something supernatural occured in relation to this image that has been radioscorched on to the shroud of Turin.
edit on 23-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
If this is true..

Let me throw something out there. Lets say we are beings of light, and when we "ascend" to our higher selves, or attain a higher consciousness, we radiate light. Could the markings on the Shroud have been caused by Jesus either entering or leaving his human body and ascending to his "light body"?

We are spiritual beings having a human experience after all.

I mean, they basically said that it was caused by light.

I'd like for them to test the age of the fibers in the center of the shroud, i hear they tested an outer piece but those were thought to be replaces over time and could be younger than the original shroud itself.

VERY interesting.

Thanks OP.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join