It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say Turin Shroud is Supernatural !!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gibbajabba

They named them self that I was just calling them by there title, you should check underneath that guys name.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

No way is it a medieval hoax they didn't even have the technology to make such a thing back then.

I think you'd be surprised by the tricks real Alchemists had up their voluminous sleeves, back in the day.

Did you read the article? Scientists have proven that there is no way that could of created this in medieval times. Some how I don't think even the best Alchemists had high-intensity ultra violet lasers back in those days.

edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

DUH! Please come on ! So some scientists can't reproduce the effect (of over 1500 years ago) so it must be supernatural ........FACE PALM. There are TOOLS in museums that are only 100 years old and nobody knows what they were used for.......so they must be supernatural!

All the article proves is that those scientists are sooooo arrogant that they can't comprehend a knowledge by medieval alchemists that they don't possess.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Actually its not way out of line at all. If you check dalan post under his name he has put "An Apprentice of Satan" this is his own words not mine.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I would like to call upon everyone in this thread and ask you guys to try and keep the level of discussion high, and be focused on the subject.

And the subject is not "is religion good or evil" or "is the Shroud real or fake". The subject if that a small team of researchers irradiated a piece of cloth and achieved coloration of the fibers remotely similar to what we observe in the Shroud.

What does it prove?

Brace for it....

Right, it proves nothing. I can bleach out a spot on my denim jeans in many ways, the easiest one being application of chlorine bleach, and the next easiest being irradiation by a UV source of light. Does it prove that my jeans are holy in some way, or I am wielding supernatural powers? Not by a long shot.

I'm really surprised people are spending time here debating what is essentially.... Nothing.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

2 pages to late... maybe better explained tho... fact is lost ... i was going to start using religion

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Problem with the shroud is it's not unique there are others that were made and get an imprint from the oils the body was washed in. Only thing supernatural is how Italy lost all its money and allowed the goverment to implement those dumb austerity measures.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I would like to call upon everyone in this thread and ask you guys to try and keep the level of discussion high, and be focused on the subject.

And the subject is not "is religion good or evil" or "is the Shroud real or fake". The subject if that a small team of researchers irradiated a piece of cloth and achieved coloration of the fibers remotely similar to what we observe in the Shroud.

What does it prove?

Brace for it....

Right, it proves nothing. I can bleach out a spot on my denim jeans in many ways, the easiest one being application of chlorine bleach, and the next easiest being irradiation by a UV source of light. Does it prove that my jeans are holy in some way, or I am wielding supernatural powers? Not by a long shot.

I'm really surprised people are spending time here debating what is essentially.... Nothing.

ITS REAL
The Shroud was made 1314ad. It was laid over Jacques de Molay. The figure you see is of The last Grand Master Templar

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

believing it was jesus coming back to life has no place in reality either

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Wonder if these Italian scientists are Catholic...

Seriously what does this have to do with it?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

I see that you failed to comprehend the logic of the debate. If it was a piece of cloth covering the body of some Templar, that's interesting. Still, the topic of this thread and the original discussion has no relevance to this theory of yours, in that coloration of fabric in and by itself does not prove anything at all.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It should be noted (re:are the scientists catholic) that the Vatican, and indeed the Pope have never claimed definitively that the Turin shroud is a true image of Jesus, merely that it is a depiction of the suffering of Christ.

Make of that what you will.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MConnalley

Seriously what does this have to do with it?

Can you spell B-I-A-S?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Can you spell B-I-A-S?

So any scientist of any faith is biased towards his/her faith?

sort of defeats the point of scientists really doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Right... that's why I think these scientists are independent of the Vatican, but some people here seem to have a hard time understanding this minor details.
edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Can you spell B-I-A-S?

So any scientist of any faith is biased towards his/her faith?

sort of defeats the point of scientists really doesn't it?

Vast majority of scientists I know are atheists or agnostics. And I know A LOT of scientists.

Also, the very subject of the study -- the Shroud -- can hardly be looked at impartially by a devote Catholic. It's just not the same as using the microscope to study an exotic species of slugs, or trying to synthesize a rare protein.

So there,

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

thanks glad I wasn't the only one thinking that...They don't even need to be catholic Italy has interests in keeping the Vatican relevant.

There needs to be a group of scientists from all across the world that come to a unanimous conclusion about the shroud one way or the other before conclusions and claims can be made.

That's actually how scientists test fellow theories, by experimenting themselves. The question is, can different teams of scientist who are unrelated to another test the shroud for themselves? I guarantee you there are scientists willing to do this.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Right... that's why I think these scientists are independent of the Vatican, but people here have a hard time understanding this small detail.

Doesn't really matter weather they are independent of the Vatican or not, the fact that people are calling scientific findings into disrepute, simply because the scientists in question are Italian and therefore must be Catholic and by proxy must be Catholic is laughable really.

If these "Catholic" scientists are really biased , they are not doing a very good job of convincing their "masters" that the Turin shroud is a genuine facsimile of Jesus Christ........because the Vatican is not buying/confirming it either.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Vast majority of scientists I know are atheists or agnostics. And I know A LOT of scientists. Also, the very subject of the study -- the Shroud -- can hardly be looked at impartially by a devote Catholic.

I know quite a few scientists also.......and you do them a vast injustice!

Why can a devout catholic not look at a subject that has it's roots in Catholicism?

You are assuming that a scientist will put his/her faith before science........wouldn't be much of a scientist would he/she?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Maybe I didn't clarify my thoughts well enough on the last post. What I was trying to say is that because scientists have been able to do this doesn't provide proof that the shroud is marked from Jesus' resurrection. And again I agree with what you said

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join