It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say Turin Shroud is Supernatural !!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Both of those UV from sun posts are good suggestions.

I starred you both!

I considered mentioning the sun but couldn't think of how it would work.

OP appears to have abandoned the thread, as mentioned above
I had noticed that too! (star)

The shroud whether fake, or fashioned by a natural process does not appear to be either supernatural or magic.

Or I could be wrong, (shrug)

Namaste

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCJustJ
I like how he was responding to each post individually and then stopped right around when the age of the Shroud came up...

The shroud was proven to be a hoax long ago I don't understand how people can still believe this thing.

It was ? Really !

Maybe someone should tell this particle physicist, just how stupid she is, because there's no way you could believe a lie.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Sorry but the shroud has been proven fake...They could copy the technique with medieval tech. It only carbon dates to the 14th century. link
PS sorry if someone beat me to this but I had to throw in my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

Sorry back at you. Any study that says the image was painted on is hoaky at best. !988 carbon 14 ? proven to be invalid.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The essence of science is experiments that can be replicated. Therefore, the scientists claims can be verified over and over. That being said, if they are correct it shows that the Shroud is the actual burial cloth of Jesus Christ, and that He actually had a supernatural event inside the Shroud, almost proving the resurrection of Jesus.

Thanks to Jesus for leaving us with this relic through all these centuries!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
Sorry but the shroud has been proven fake...They could copy the technique with medieval tech. It only carbon dates to the 14th century. link
PS sorry if someone beat me to this but I had to throw in my 2 cents

Sorry, but it has been unproven as fake. Now the Shroud is proven to be real.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
unfortunately for all of you awaiting replies the OP is currently at school, do they have christmas break in england?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by Suspiria
Wonder if these Italian scientists are Catholic...

What relevance does that have? o_0

it is called researchers bias and it is very relevant to the discussion.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

I would certainly hope logic does not offend you.

You mean like logic that comes from an apprentice ?

I'm sorry but hairy scarey Satanists are from what I've mostly seen, usually very lame individuals. So while I'm
not expecting a whole lot from you personally ? Lay some logic on me baby.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

i just got to throw my 2 cents in.....the image of the man on the shroud looks like he would be from france,italy,he dont look like he is from the mid east....he has a longer nose,longer hair,these are not common to people from that region.......the wound marks are right,the spikes would go in the wrists,if you put the spike in the hands they would pull or rip free from the weight.........simple fact is if you want to belive you will.......

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
whoa whoa ... there is way too much debate on this topic... Scientists have infact reproduced the turin shroud. The only thing this proves is that it is possible to manufacture a turin shroud. The technology involved in the process is of zero importance.

More than one way to skin a cat imo ^^

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
Am i the only one who finds it funny that they have reproduced the shroud... and somehow that proves the original is supernatural?

I agree with where you're heading with this. So we can replicate the amount of energy that Jesus exerted to resurrect himself, and in turn replicate the shroud's characteristics because of this. So this means it isn't supernatural at all.... scientists can do it in a lab.

Not a believer myself, but IF Jesus was/is the son of God, wouldn't the powers be way too far over our heads to fathom, let alone duplicate?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

But you've failed to mention that science also showed that it's only 600 years old. keep trying

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
The essence of science is experiments that can be replicated. Therefore, the scientists claims can be verified over and over. That being said, if they are correct it shows that the Shroud is the actual burial cloth of Jesus Christ, and that He actually had a supernatural event inside the Shroud, almost proving the resurrection of Jesus.

Thanks to Jesus for leaving us with this relic through all these centuries!

But science proved that the shroud is only 600 years old. Thanks to science for being a double edged sword

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kindling

No you misunderstand ... the fact that it can be reproduced... proves nothing other than a method exists to reproduce it. Ultimately leading to the possibility that other methods are also possible.

Its not that your thinking is wrong its just my statement was meant to be simpler than science and faith.

edit on 22-12-2011 by conspiracyrus because: added last line

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Carbon dating is not fool-proof, you should look into that. As far as my take on the Shroud, I think it makes for an interesting conversation at the most, however, there seems to be a great argument for both sides and conclusions cannot be made just yet! There are plenty of videos about the Shroud and how it was tested and tested and how they found 3D imagery. I think it is pretty wild. The other thing I think is wild is how believing in something makes it real.....for the believer!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by verschickter

Originally posted by verschickter
Lets think...
a UV source we can not build today.
two thousand years ago.

sounds like the pyramids,
wich we can not rebuild (that precise) today.
some thousand years ago.

hm. ET anyone?

Why do you people always have to shout "ET" when you find something that cannot be explained by normal human measure?

Ever pondered the thought that maybe ET and the paranormal are the same phenomenon occuring: for example demonic spirits masquerading as both ghosts and aliens.. As for the shroud this is nothing short of divine power from God. When Jesus rose on the third day the UV light was so intense it literally made the image in the shroud.
edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

This made me laugh, how can you critisise his suggestion of ET at something explained then go on to suggest demonic spirits and the divine power from God. You could say those who follow religions do exactly the same could you not?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The Shroud was made 1314ad. It was laid over Jacques de Molay. The figure you see is of The last Grand Master Templar

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
dam-it... the scientists got punked

the shroud was created by DaVinci with a bunch of aloes & oils etc and the camera-
Obscura technology

the dude is laughing...really laughing at his creating a 'super-natura'l effect

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by morrow2112

Is that why there is a wound on his side of his chest and visible mark where the nail would have gone in his wrist?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join