It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say Turin Shroud is Supernatural !!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Is it not interesting how people get so excited about a "piece of cloth" and ignore the "Prince of Peace"?
All who worship images are put to shame... Psalm 97:7 NIV

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
Is it not interesting how people get so excited about a "piece of cloth" and ignore the "Prince of Peace"?
All who worship images are put to shame... Psalm 97:7 NIV

Well, it's you believers who have been pushing this hoax as though it proved Christianity. Those of us who are not Christians are tired of an endless controversy that will never get resolved.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by dilly1
Everyone here is an idiot... I'm sorry I had to say it. There is logical proof in many records that the shroud's image is and caused by the body of Jacques De Molay. Who died in 1314ad.

The half of you are turning this thread into something else and the latter are convinced jesus or Leonardo are behind this mystery.

ITS FREAKEN JACQUES DE MOLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing special about the freaken shroud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW. You are such an angry elf!

Have you been to anger management classes this month? If not, get thee to one. ASAP!

Am I getting under your paper thin skin. I am so happy. Honestly.. There is nothing more that makes me happier when "internet educated posers" get flustered.

Have anything to contribute?? No? Didn't think so.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
As for the shroud this is nothing short of divine power from God. When Jesus rose on the third day the UV light was so intense it literally made the image in the shroud.
edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Why would you even ask anyone their opinion if this will be your response? As for the article its suspiciously short with not sources, and I could'nt find anything else on the Italian government and these scientists. Nice try though

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Just because some "scientists" don't know how it was done, doesn't mean it is super-natural. In fact, a real scientist will not perscribe to anything as being super natural.

If proof of divine acts was found, it would merge religion and science and once again be part of the natural order - therefore NOT supernatural.

Ignorance however is not proof of divine acts.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sorry what? All three of the pieces that were tested that came from different areas of the shroud?

What a coincidence ... or not.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

And who exactly are these 'scientists' and what sort of credentials do they have?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
In order for this study to be taken seriously it needs to be peer reviewed. Also in what scientific journal was this study published?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Quoop

As for the shroud this is nothing short of divine power from God.

If that is true, then pray tell why doesn't God use this Divine Power to stop the killing, hunger, pollution, war, and so on? Why does he not use this power to heal people who are born sick? Children who get cancer? Just asking, you said that is what it was, after all.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Can't we all just get along? That's what Jesus taught afterall, And besides, I don't need to a piece of cloth to prove to me that he exists or not.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

Can I please, please, please use the Supernatural dog bottom for my "happy non existent, totally fictitious, made up event" cards next December !

You are a Prince among ATS's and cheered me up with your post, I am off to check my doggies backside in case the Virgin Mary is hiding in/on one of them.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Lets think...
a UV source we can not build today.
two thousand years ago.

sounds like the pyramids,
wich we can not rebuild (that precise) today.
some thousand years ago.

hm. ET anyone?

Granite is radioactive. Higher energy radiation from radioactive decay could do it if UV could do it. Wasn't the shroud originally in a rock cave? The only thing missing from that thought is to find out if the rock was granite.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Quoop

As for the shroud this is nothing short of divine power from God.

If that is true, then pray tell why doesn't God use this Divine Power to stop the killing, hunger, pollution, war, and so on? Why does he not use this power to heal people who are born sick? Children who get cancer? Just asking, you said that is what it was, after all.

Perhaps it is necessary for some to go to hell.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by Suspiria
Wonder if these Italian scientists are Catholic...

What relevance does that have? o_0

The most I would say. How can a religous scientist investigate without bias into a religous theme?
Btw, religous scientist, sounds like a good oxymoron ^^

thats like saying how can a non religious scientist investigate evolution without bias into a evolution theme?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Oh why did I allow myself to get suckered into a religious post??? I'm not a fan of religion being topic-worthy on this site... Of course, with Europe's financial melt-down, the tried-and-true tourist trap shroud would be dug out, dusted off, and discussed. It's ALL about the $$$...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Ok LMAO...I am a quite intelligent womyn and do not find the definitions muddled at all. Your denotations of the words are accurate. So, what do you call someone who doesn't believe in a old grey bearded guy in the sky, but thinks intelligent life on other planets is quite plausible, Finds religion absolutely a mechanism of control, but finds spirituality innately human so stays open to ways to achieve oneness with the universe. One that thinks A God or Gods could be possible but highly doubts one's existence and theorizes it may have been E.T. ?? Always thinking outside the box and approaches each theory with open mind and heart as to allow human nature of ingenuity to stay alive. Let's start there and you let me know if I fit in your narrow categories.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Dude! Stop calling "everyone" idiots. You automatically include yourself and myself in there and I know I am NOT an idiot.

Here's another way you could post your comment (I'm assuming you lack the tact to do so based on 2 previous "IDIOT" posts.)

Hey ya'll I heard a while back the name was Molay check out this link ----> www.rumormillnews.com...

He states " Bradford University lecturer Robert Lomas and colleague Christopher
Knight claim they can link science and history to prove that the face on the
shroud is that of a priest whose followers helped Scotland to win independence
from England in the 14th century.

"The scientific facts leave me in no doubt," says Dr Lomas, a physicist
who now lectures in Information Systems. "The cloth was used to wrap Jacques de
Molay, the leader of a monastic order known as the Knights Templar and whose
followers were given refuge by Robert the Bruce."

Now grow up and approach a discussion with tact so you can get people to actually learn instead of feeling attacked. No one wants to look up something when they've been called an idiot.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join