It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say Turin Shroud is Supernatural !!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

So at first I thought this was super cool, but then I looked at the pics, and that is our MODERN version of what Jesus looked like. If you look at pictures of what they think Jesus really looked like he is not white, doesn't have the long hair, a lot more middle eastern looking..

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Why are there so many oneisded jerkwads over this topic.Might be real or it might not be real.I for one think it may realy be of Jesus Christ.Because no honest skpetics have gotten a hold of the thing to do work on it correctly.Carbon dating was not done correctly.Dishonest skepticism is not the least bit skepticism.
Catholics have given skeptics all the chance in the world to prove it is a fake anyways.
It remains a mystery PERIOD.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011

I have always believed this thing to be a hoax on the part of the Catholic Church. I wouldn't trust any so called scientist in Italy for confirmation either. That's just me though.

If I am not mistaken, the Catholic Church's stand is that although they admit that this is not actually the real burial shroud of Jesus it should still be venerated and treated as holy by Catholics because it venerates Jesus.

Follow the money!
edit on 12/23/2011 by Sparky63 because: Spelling...always spelling! *&^&%$#%$@

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nihonjindesu08

So at first I thought this was super cool, but then I looked at the pics, and that is our MODERN version of what Jesus looked like. If you look at pictures of what they think Jesus really looked like he is not white, doesn't have the long hair, a lot more middle eastern looking..

Just a thought.

No one knows how Jesus realy looked.Honest christian will tell you that.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Did you read the article? Scientists have proven that there is no way that could of created this in medieval times.

No, they said they couldn't have done it with any UV light method available at the time. That doesn't mean they couldn't have done it with any other method.

For starters, other scientists have proven that if the shroud was actually around a body, the image would have been more distorted, vs the 2d image we see on the shroud. It's even easy enough to test out yourself, if you want, using a doll, paint and cloth, and you'll see there's no way the image could have formed around a 3 dimensional body that way. It would be elongated where it curves around the body.

Due to the fire in the building that housed it at one time, carbon testing methods are unreliable at best, but most of the tests still conclude medieval times as the origin. Look at the scientific results of those who've examined what the shroud is made of, etc.

This article is simply a feel good Christmas one, where they've taken the findings out of context and omitted many other tests that have been done on the shroud. Nonetheless, for those of the faith, last I checked, it was still a Church-sanctioned relic, which, to the faithful, should be the final word on it for them.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Did you read the article? Scientists have proven that there is no way that could of created this in medieval times.

No, they said they couldn't have done it with any UV light method available at the time. That doesn't mean they couldn't have done it with any other method.

For starters, other scientists have proven that if the shroud was actually around a body, the image would have been more distorted, vs the 2d image we see on the shroud. It's even easy enough to test out yourself, if you want, using a doll, paint and cloth, and you'll see there's no way the image could have formed around a 3 dimensional body that way. It would be elongated where it curves around the body.

Due to the fire in the building that housed it at one time, carbon testing methods are unreliable at best, but most of the tests still conclude medieval times as the origin. Look at the scientific results of those who've examined what the shroud is made of, etc.

This article is simply a feel good Christmas one, where they've taken the findings out of context and omitted many other tests that have been done on the shroud. Nonetheless, for those of the faith, last I checked, it was still a Church-sanctioned relic, which, to the faithful, should be the final word on it for them.
It might be real or it might not be real PERIOD.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
reply to post by coastlinekid

Are you kidding me......? Most scientists only deal in absolutes.

Meaning, the absoluteness in what they THINK, or excuse me, what they know they have discovered.

And then ramming it down our throats like a person of faith could hardly do, despite how hard one tried

You mean the same scientists that have a 99% probability of discovering the Higgs particle and are still saying, "maybe maybe not"?

Hmm....

-rrr

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If it were ever determined to be Christ in the image ? That would definetly make it a supernatual event recorded by the image. So close. But it will never suffice and I don't care. Faith and common sense are good enough for me.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by verschickter

Why do you people always have to shout "ET" when you find something that cannot be explained by normal human measure?

Ever pondered the thought that maybe ET and the paranormal are the same phenomenon occuring: for example demonic spirits masquerading as both ghosts and aliens.. As for the shroud this is nothing short of divine power from God. When Jesus rose on the third day the UV light was so intense it literally made the image in the shroud.
edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

well, why do u have to always shout "PRAISE JESUS LORD!!!" "ITS A MIRACLE!!!" ?

Exactly, why wont u think that jesus was some sort of alien genetical manufacture origin? So are u saying god is an alien?

edit on 23-12-2011 by coyote66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This interesting because before this a Scientist reproduced the shroud to prove it was in fact fake

Shroud of Turin Reproduced

I think that no matter what, some people are going to think it is real and some are going to think it is fake. It really does come down to faith.

Personally, I lean toward fake, but can see why lots of people feel it is real.
edit on 23-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Even if God Himself showed up and told someone He exists it's likely the person will say he is hallucinations..

70,000 people at Fatima were idiots I guess. Not to mention the miracles at Lourdes.
edit on 23-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

Youre forgetting the part of the bible where it God has forbidden for the dead to speak to the living (without his permission) and then theres the parable Jesus gave of the "Rich man and Lazarus" which also indicates that the dead cannot commune with the living. If they don't believe the words of the living prophets, they aren't going to believe the words of a dead person either for that reason (they think theyre seeing a hallucination or their imagination)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
Why can a devout catholic not look at a subject that has it's roots in Catholicism?

You are assuming that a scientist will put his/her faith before science........wouldn't be much of a scientist would he/she?

Ahh, but it cuts both ways. If a Catholic allows science to get in the way of his/her religion... wouldn't be much a Catholic would he/she?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Wonder if these Italian scientists are Catholic...

Most scientist that study evolution are atheist. Must mean the study of evolution is then considered bias and now void.

It goes both ways!
edit on 23-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

That is the equivalent of saying Yogi Bear got into the cave and made the shroud by his methane exploding and creating a high intensity of UV.

Hahaha, that's about as believable as any religious fairytale. If such a thing as the 'supernatural' exists(and I'm not saying it doesn't) then where do you draw the line? Let me guess....your version, ie. Christianity, is the only true supernatural? Right?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
If it were ever determined to be Christ in the image ? That would definetly make it a supernatual event recorded by the image. So close. But it will never suffice and I don't care. Faith and common sense are good enough for me.

It's fake for one reason only. Jesus was a practicing jew, that thing would be like an idol to him and he would not leave something that would cause his children to fall because satan would use even holy artifacts for his nefarious purposes.

This proves that the roman catholic church doesn't even know who Jesus really and truly is or they do not believe it themselves. He has written his laws and his will on our hearts (spirit), if anyone actually believes that Jesus would condone this heresey then they never knew him to begin with and the anti-christ has once again pulled the wool over their eyes and they have allowed themselves to be decieved.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Lets take a look at this logically.

If this were in fact an image of Jesus on the shroud, why does the hair of Jesus around the cheeks look as though he is standing, instead of laying flat on his back.

Wouldn't the hair naturally fall due to gravity?

How is it the hair is laying even with the face, as if there were no gravitational effects what so ever? Wouldn't it fall down to the neck line?

Shoudn't it look a bit more like this:

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Even if God Himself showed up and told someone He exists it's likely the person will say he is hallucinations..

70,000 people at Fatima were idiots I guess. Not to mention the miracles at Lourdes.
edit on 23-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

Both those events have been claimed by the Catholic Church, they basically said 'yep, that's the Virgin Mary alright', no argument there eh? Something powerful did happen at these places, no doubt, but what it was? Well put it this way, the Catholic Church are a tyrannical empire of greed and lust, with f**k all objectives other than the amassing of wealth and the domination people and land, so we should just go along with their version of events, right?
edit on 23-12-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
Lets take a look at this logically.

If this were in fact an image of Jesus on the shroud, why does the hair of Jesus around the cheeks look as though he is standing, instead of laying flat on his back.

Wouldn't the hair naturally fall due to gravity?

How is it the hair is laying even with the face, as if there were no gravitational effects what so ever? Wouldn't it fall down to the neck line?

Shoudn't it look a bit more like this:

Just sayin'

The first time I saw a picture of the Turin shroud, I was a kid, and that is exactly what I thought, "why was Jesus standing up when they wrapped him?"

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I'm not sure that's entirely fair. The big bang theory rests on a similar amount of faith to a man in the sky

And if the scientific investigation is carried out according to scientific method, there shouldn't be a problem with the results.

Without looking at the results and what control measures were taken its a bit presumptuous for any of us to pass judgment.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Who left Jesus out during the solar flares again?

OP, nothing WE can produce can replicate the process. But let me assure you, our universe is far stronger.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join