It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say Turin Shroud is Supernatural !!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by verschickter
Lets think...
a UV source we can not build today.
two thousand years ago.

sounds like the pyramids,
wich we can not rebuild (that precise) today.
some thousand years ago.

hm. ET anyone?

We can rebuild the pyramids today just as precisely and there is no reason it couldn't have been done at the time. The only place you will find that nonsense being perpetuated is a) here, or at least in the opinion of some and b) in the books and programmes of profit seeking con artists looking to take your time/money.

As for the shroud, who knows. Maybe some things are meant to remain inconclusive as a test of faith? Maybe, maybe not.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about if you think the great pyramid of giza can be reconstructed today in the 20 year period as per the official story. It would take us probably 50 years to replicate it and even then not to the level of perfection they achieved back then.

Please dont infect this site with regurgitated drivel that has no basis in facts. You're illusionary distorted perception of reality can be manipulated just as easily as you think ours are. The only difference is TPTB have something to gain by keeping you a dribbling idiot as opposed to enlightened to the truth of humanities true history.

Educated slaves dont work as hard because they understand the nature of injustice where as a mindless automatons won't question the status quo.

Do some research into a topic before shooting off at the hip.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

Those are scourage marks,from when he was beaten. blood leaked out and made these marks, if you look at all the cross hatching in the back image you can see how badly they beat him, those are all slash marks, and it goes all the way down the body.

Crazy ha?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

No way is it a medieval hoax they didn't even have the technology to make such a thing back then.

I think you'd be surprised by the tricks real Alchemists had up their voluminous sleeves, back in the day.

Did you read the article? Scientists have proven that there is no way that could of created this in medieval times. Some how I don't think even the best Alchemists had high-intensity ultra violet lasers back in those days.

edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Great news!

It appears that Jesus is the Reason for the Season. - Our Chosen Savior -

Merry Christmas!!!

I heard the Lord Jesus will return soon.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by autowrench

Liars always have the best stories.

Always

I believe you, and everyone was instructed to stay on topic. Prove what I said is a lie. You cannot. In fact, none of what Christians say can be proved.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You can see its effects it has on objects, so in a not so direct way, yes you can. Can you see jesus ?..... Me neither.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I suspect from a deeper psychological stand point most of these religious fanatics know they are chasing a pipe dream. Subconsciously they know, but they cant seem to come to grips with the fact so they need to CONVERT everybody to their way of thinking. So they come to sites like this to "SAVE US". When ironically it's THEMSELVES who need the saving. I dare say they will even read this post and ignore it as the things mentioned are too much for their psyche to cope with.

Oh I agree, and there are more than a few here too. disagree with them, you get a nice label. Present a different slant, you are a liar. Think in a different way, you are a Satan worshipper.

The thing is, which these religious artifacts is that there is no proof at all that any of them are real. I was watching a show on the History channel a while ago, and they were talking about these artifacts. It was said that in Early Times, every church had to have one or two of these things, to place under the alter for some reason. The man said if all of the nails that came from the Crucifixion were all brought together, there were more than a thousand, and each one was the real deal, according to the owners, of course. There is an agenda here, and I do not think the religious leaders know who is leading them, really. I know what they think, they think Jesus speaks to them every day, and tells them what to do, but even Jesus said to test a Spirit. Both Muslims and Christians are running scared, you can watch TV and gather that. Well, I got off on a tangent, so I will shut up now.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

No way is it a medieval hoax they didn't even have the technology to make such a thing back then.

I think you'd be surprised by the tricks real Alchemists had up their voluminous sleeves, back in the day.

Did you read the article? Scientists have proven that there is no way that could of created this in medieval times. Some how I don't think even the best Alchemists had high-intensity ultra violet lasers back in those days.

edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Lets see Italian scientists so CATHOLIC SCIENTISTS, BACK UP THE CATHOLIC CHURCH to reinforce a RELIGIOUS MYTH

Did they try wrapping a dead body in a shroud and leaving it?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! THE SHROUD IS NOT SUPERNATURAL.

,,,,I'LL Dumb it down for you a bit. AGAIN,Its not supernatural. Its piece of cloth laid on the dead body of Jacques de molay. He was tortured by King Francis the same exact way Yeshua was supposedly tortured in the Bible. It was an intentional act to make an example of the Grand Master. There are many historical books depicting and proving all of the shroud's blood stains. The typical image of the jesus and the shroud is the image of Jacques de molay. The shroud is Nothing special ,other than a great man did not give into corruption at that time. That's it

All other alternative theories are based on nothing ,just fantasy

DO SOME RESEARCH,AND NOT ON THE INTERNET

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Interesting that the "Italian Government" is the one pushing this new development" the Catholic church most be hurting for members when even I have been seen commercials about the "Church" lately on national TV.

Well, the Vatican did lose a great deal of their treasure paying off all of these boys the priests molested, so I would say they are in dire need of money. It must take thousands of dollars a day just to keep things running there, and the Roman Church has been known in the past to commit fraud in order to gain, look at what they did to the Templars? Prove the shroud is real, and charge admission to see it? Millions of the faithful would pay their last dime to see it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

www.leonardo-da-vinci-biography.com/da-vinci-invention-turin-shroud.html

The shroud cannot possibly be real. Scientist have already carbon dated the cloth and it was dated 12th-14th century. That alone shows this was created well after christ. Even the christian churches do not dispute this, its not even an arguement. There are many that believe Da Vinci created it, not by painting, but by using an early form of photography that creates images almost exactly like this (see above link)

Also the stigmata marks are not accurate. Going by the placement on the shroud, if the Romans were to place the nails there, as soon as they lifted christ up they would have ripped through his hands...it is not physically possible for that part of the hand to support a full body weight. Modern scholars have proven crucifixtion like this was done through the wrist, not the hand. This however, was not known to early scholars.

Another thing to point out is the shroud is of a white man that looks suspicously a lot like Da vinci himself. Though scholars will admit that doesn't not neccessarily mean it is Da Vinci's image, but certainly not Jesus because any religious scholar will tell you, Jesus was not a white man.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yes way it is a medieval hoax. Check up on the carbon dating, brother.

The shroud is dated from AD 1260 - 1390.

Enjoy.
edit on 23-12-2011 by george_gaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Aaah the Camera Obscura.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I suspect from a deeper psychological stand point most of these religious fanatics know they are chasing a pipe dream. Subconsciously they know, but they cant seem to come to grips with the fact so they need to CONVERT everybody to their way of thinking. So they come to sites like this to "SAVE US". When ironically it's THEMSELVES who need the saving. I dare say they will even read this post and ignore it as the things mentioned are too much for their psyche to cope with.

Oh I agree, and there are more than a few here too. disagree with them, you get a nice label. Present a different slant, you are a liar. Think in a different way, you are a Satan worshipper.

The thing is, which these religious artifacts is that there is no proof at all that any of them are real. I was watching a show on the History channel a while ago, and they were talking about these artifacts. It was said that in Early Times, every church had to have one or two of these things, to place under the alter for some reason. The man said if all of the nails that came from the Crucifixion were all brought together, there were more than a thousand, and each one was the real deal, according to the owners, of course. There is an agenda here, and I do not think the religious leaders know who is leading them, really. I know what they think, they think Jesus speaks to them every day, and tells them what to do, but even Jesus said to test a Spirit. Both Muslims and Christians are running scared, you can watch TV and gather that. Well, I got off on a tangent, so I will shut up now.

Amen to that brother!

One only needs to look at how many individual claim to have the holy grail in their possesion. There are literally thousands of reports. Each one insisting thiers is the authentic one! In early times of the church this was the only way to get people in the door. Early christians flocked on to theses sites to see these artifacts first hand. In a sense, it was like a spiritual drug to them. Early churches knew it was the only way for them to survive, so hoax or not, they pushed it into the minds of the masses. Even early christians knew most would be fake, but like I said it was like a drug to them, so fake or not they wernt taking any chances, they had to see all of them in person or their spiritual quest would not be fullfilled.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I have always believed this thing to be a hoax on the part of the Catholic Church. I wouldn't trust any so called scientist in Italy for confirmation either. That's just me though.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Findings?

Wether they're catholic , baptist, aetheist, etc..

an extreme burst of UV light that can not be duplicated today is; an extreme burst of UV light. those are the findings.

I also think it ..counterproductive(?)... to dismiss supernatural spiritual events only to then conclude that alchemy or aliens are a much more logical choice...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

I'm not saying that out of faith .. I'm saying that from science. The Carbon Dating was seriously flawed.

That's everything but a scientific approach. If you want to use deductive reasoning you can't just stop after one deduction, that's backwards.

How exactly is it 'anything but scientific' by me stating the fact that the Carbon Dating they did was seriously flawed ... because they took a sample from the repaired part of the Shroud instead of the original part of the shroud?? My reason for saying the carbon dating was flawed is because it was FLAWED.

They need to do a correct carbon dating on the shroud .. not from the repaired part of it .. but from the original part.

The pollen information .. the coin information .. the blood information ... the fact that it's a photographic negative which is something that just simply wasn't done at any time either in the middle ages or when Christ was around ... that's all fact. And facts are facts.

Also, religio-tards, ... know-it-alls that you present yourselves as.

The same could be said for the far left secular know-it-alls.

There is a happy middle ground ... science and faith have a lot to learn from each other. Pure science people can be myopic and not open to truth that isn't 'proven' by todays methods. Pure faith-alone people can be irrational to facts.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
is it a medieval hoax they didn't even have the technology to make such a thing back then.

UPDATE ... the carbon dating was done on a part of the shroud that had been REPAIRED. It wasn't taken from the original part of the cloth. For the carbon dating to be accurate, it would have to have been taken from the original part. So for all purposes .. the shroud itself has not yet been carbon dated ...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter

Originally posted by Suspiria
Wonder if these Italian scientists are Catholic...

What relevance does that have? o_0

The most I would say. How can a religous scientist investigate without bias into a religous theme?
Btw, religous scientist, sounds like a good oxymoron ^^

how could an atheist scientist investigate it without bias ffs think about it, facts should standalone

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by vardlokkur

It's an insult to connect the works of God and Jesus to aliens! Now I'm not saying that ET's don't exist, I'm sure they do..
Jesus came to bear witness to the truth...
If Jesus Christ was in cahoots with aliens, he would have told us!!!
Now I'm only paraphrasing, Jesus said: "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you."
One of my favorite lines in the New Testament !

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The Bible states at John chapter 20, verses 6 and 7, that in the empty tomb after Jesus was resurrected the apostle Peter “observed the wrappings on the ground and saw the piece of cloth which had covered the head not lying with the wrappings, but rolled up in a place by itself.”—Catholic “New American Bible.”
So according to the Bible a completely separate cloth was used to wrap Jesus head. The rest were described as laying on the floor.

Thus the “Shroud of Turin” could not have been any part of the actual cloths used in Jesus’ burial, since it is in one piece and Jesus was “bound . . . in wrappings of cloth,” with a separate one being used for his head.—John 19:40,

I think if believers actually went back to the source, they would conclude that this is 14 century fake.

Also other researchers, Dr. Walter C. McCrone in particular reported to the the British Society for the Turin Shroud in London that the cloth has traces of red oxide pigments similar to the earth pigments artists at the time are known to use.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join