It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say Turin Shroud is Supernatural !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Article Source

Italian government scientists have claimed to have discovered evidence that a supernatural event formed the image on the Turin Shroud, believed by many to be the burial cloth of Jesus Christ.

After years of work trying to replicate the colouring on the shroud, a similar image has been created by the scientists.

However, they only managed the effect by scorching equivalent linen material with high-intensity ultra violet lasers, undermining the arguments of other research, they say, which claims the Turin Shroud is a medieval hoax.

Such technology, say researchers from the National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (Enea), was far beyond the capability of medieval forgers, whom most experts have credited with making the famous relic.

"The results show that a short and intense burst of UV directional radiation can colour a linen cloth so as to reproduce many of the peculiar characteristics of the body image on the Shroud of Turin," they said.

And in case there was any doubt about the preternatural degree of energy needed to make such distinct marks, the Enea report spells it out: "This degree of power cannot be reproduced by any normal UV source built to date."

A statement by lead researcher, Dr Paolo Di Lazzaro, said: "If our results prompt a philosophical or theological debate, these conclusions we'll leave to the experts; to each person's own conscience," he said.

Luigi Garlaschelli, a professor of chemistry at Pavia University, told The Independent: "The implications are... that the image was formed by a burst of UV energy so intense it could only have been supernatural. But I don't think they've done anything of the sort."

If you have not seen the Turin shroud here are some pictures:

The Shroud of Turin: modern photo of the face, positive left, negative right. Negative has been contrast enhanced:

Full lenge Shroud:

What are your thoughts... Do you think this proves that the shroud is in-fact the real burial cloth of Jesus of Nazereth? In my personal opinion the proof is strong, especially after this new evidence has been brought forward by the Italian government. No way is it a medieval hoax they didn't even have the technology to make such a thing back then. Ether way this is extremely interesting if you ask me. I don't expect any atheist to believe it so this thread isn't for you... For everyone else I'd like to hear what you have to say!

For anyone that's never heard of the Shroud before here's a link to the wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org...

"The Shroud of Turin or Turin Shroud (Italian: Sindone di Torino, Sacra Sindone) is a linen cloth bearing the image of a man who appears to have suffered physical trauma in a manner consistent with crucifixion."

Side question:
If this is in fact the true burial cloth of Jesus Christ what would this change?
edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

No way is it a medieval hoax they didn't even have the technology to make such a thing back then.

I think you'd be surprised by the tricks real Alchemists had up their voluminous sleeves, back in the day.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

No way is it a medieval hoax they didn't even have the technology to make such a thing back then.

I think you'd be surprised by the tricks real Alchemists had up their voluminous sleeves, back in the day.

Did you read the article? Scientists have proven that there is no way that could of created this in medieval times. Some how I don't think even the best Alchemists had high-intensity ultra violet lasers back in those days.

+78 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Wonder if these Italian scientists are Catholic...

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

What relevance does that have? o_0

link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
What are your thoughts...

My personal opinion is that ATS need s a compulsory search function.
There's at least three threads on this already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+2 more 
link   
Lets think...
a UV source we can not build today.
two thousand years ago.

sounds like the pyramids,
wich we can not rebuild (that precise) today.
some thousand years ago.

hm. ET anyone?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Does anyone else notice that the brain and base of the spine (in the full length pic) are lit up brightly.?

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The most I would say. How can a religous scientist investigate without bias into a religous theme?
Btw, religous scientist, sounds like a good oxymoron ^^

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is a longshot..
The shroud was first photographed in 1898, 5 years after the invention of the BOUTAN-CHAUFFOUR FLASH BULB - 1893

The first flash bulb was designed by Frenchman Chauffour for use by underwater photographer Louis Boutan. It contained magnesium inside a glass bulb filled with oxygen under pressure. A platinum wire heated by passing an electric current through it ignited the magnesium.

Is there any chance the image/shroud could be damaged by this overexposure to bright chemical reactions and thus making it harder to understand/replicate in modern times?

After checking wiki I found that magnesium lights produce harmful amount of UV light.
edit on 22-12-2011 by MBUK3D because: I got smart.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Originally posted by verschickter
Lets think...
two thousand years ago.

some thousand years ago.

hm. ET anyone?

Why do you people always have to shout "ET" when you find something that cannot be explained by normal human measure?

Ever pondered the thought that maybe ET and the paranormal are the same phenomenon occuring: for example demonic spirits masquerading as both ghosts and aliens.. As for the shroud this is nothing short of divine power from God. When Jesus rose on the third day the UV light was so intense it literally made the image in the shroud.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Did you read the article? Scientists have proven that there is no way that could of created this in medieval times. Some how I don't think even the best Alchemists had high-intensity ultra violet lasers back in those days.

Sure, I read it, but as a few others have said, we have no idea what methods or technologies have been long lost and forgotten. Just because WE can't do it, doesn't mean that someone else might have figured it out.

Just sayin'....

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

thanks glad I wasn't the only one thinking that...They don't even need to be catholic Italy has interestys in keeping the Vatican relevant.

There needs to be a group of scientists from all across the world that come to a unanimous conclusion about the shroud one way or the other before conslucions and claims can be made.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

quite a bit actually, it may bias their findings

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Lets think...
two thousand years ago.

some thousand years ago.

hm. ET anyone?

Why do you people always have to shout "ET" when you find something that humans cannot do?

Ever pondered the thought that maybe ET and the paranormal are the same phenomenon occuring: for example demonic spirits masquerading as both ghosts and aliens.. As for the shroud this is nothing short of divine power from God. When Jesus rose on the third day the UV light was so intense it literally made the image in the shroud.

At first, I dont like it if you call me "you people". I could say the same about "you people" (the wonderous ones) but I dont. I dont need to think in boxes.

Second, why not? Whats your problem with it? See I have no problem with both theories, as they are theories.
And guess what, for me its more presumably to think that in the millions of years on the millions of stars that at least one other civilisation has evolved. More likley to believe it was tech then supernatural. Sorry.

Edit: So my explanation, it were ETs and their beam to move jesus (an ET) to their craft used UV light.
Second Edit: If you like to turn your own thread into a page long endless discussion about pro or contra, go on. If not just stop insulting other people for their different view. God would be mad at you
edit on 22-12-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
more lies, the catholic church really dont want to let this go do they? It was proven by Oxford that it was a fake created in the middle ages, making up lies like this is the only press coverage they can get which doesn't involve child abuse.

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

A true scientist wouldn't use a word like "supernatural"...
A true scientist never speaks in absolutes...

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The most I would say. How can a religous scientist investigate without bias into a religous theme?
Btw, religous scientist, sounds like a good oxymoron ^^

I would ask, by your reasoning, how could an atheist scientist investigate a religious theme without bias? Atheism is as much a belief as faith. Belief does not = dishonesty.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jahn369

Maybe because as a real scientist, you have to be open for new things. History tells that this aint so with religion.
Btw, I know what you mean, I should have written catholic.

Edit: And the fact that scientiest work with explainable evidence, where religion just tells you "it is so, dont ask"
edit on 22-12-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Edit: So my explanation, it were ETs and their beam to move jesus (an ET) to their craft used UV light.

So you are just making up your own wild conspricy theorys that have no place in reality?

That is the equivalent of saying Yogi Bear got into the cave and made the shroud by his methane exploding and creating a high intensity of UV.

Making up theory's is all well and good but only if you have something to back it up. In your case you just made this ET theory up on a whim because I take it your an extreme UFO enthousiaste, who is quick to shout "ET" at everything that cannot be explained, without foundation or evidence

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join