Breaking: US Starts Bombing Iran.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So, are they at war officially now, or still trying to keep it secret to try and not look like the bad guys?

Two American missiles struck a village in south-west Iran early today.
The news was given in a report by the country's Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA).
IRNA had said yesterday that three people were injured when an earlier US missile struck an oil depot in Abadan.

US Missiles Hit Iranian Villiage

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 22-12-2011 by TheMindWar because: typo
edit on Thu Dec 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

too early to tell
if true kingoreo has given us all the ##SNIP## Xmas present ever, just as expected from a psychopath.
and they say reptilians due not exist!

i find it interesting that they are no longer accepting comments, hmm
what else are they trying to cover up?
edit on Thu Dec 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
how strange... I am sure if this was true that it would be front page, unless I have gone deaf and blind..

I do however hope it is not true.

link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Yeah I noticed that too, wonder if there is more to the story. Or if Iran is just making this story up to gain anti-US support from its populous

link   
Well....can't say I am surprised at this but I can say that I don't look forward to another war. These occupations are taking away from what countries should be focusing on.....the people that are in them. While I support our troops in harm's way I don't support the decisions being made on my behalf by a government that seems to care more about the prosperity and well being of other countries more than it's own. I know that is a very idealistic point of view but I really don't have time or want to post all the grey in between that I ponder as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You would think this would be all over thew news but I don't see any other reference to this... at least not yet. Even the IRNA site doesn't mention it. I'm not too sure of DailyMail's reporting capabilities most times.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is an old news story from several years ago! Condemning the US led invasion into Iraq etc.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I might be eating my words... just yesterday in another thread I was saying a strike on Iran before X Mas was looking unlikely. If this true, this is the beginning of a whole lot of manure hitting the fan. My brother has a wedding in February, he better not get deployed over this garbage. Why should our blood be spilled? Why should the Iranians blood be spilled.

These evil bastards running our planet must stop.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter

You would think this would be all over thew news but I don't see any other reference to this... at least not yet. Even the IRNA site doesn't mention it. I'm not too sure of DailyMail's reporting capabilities most times.

I'm gonna go ahead and second that emotion.

I give Daily Mail credit for creative and original stories but not necessarily truthful, journalistic integrity type stories.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Yeah I noticed that too, wonder if there is more to the story. Or if Iran is just making this story up to gain anti-US support from its populous

actually i was wondering what was posted in the comments section that made them delete and block anymore

wave of bombings in iraq and the troops brought back now being sent to afghanistan...
might be a case of trying to provoke a response, and then claim "they started it"
sorta like spitballs in school, nobody sees the spitball fired but everyone sees the response.
but as i said too early yet

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by supernova190188

Do you have a link to the original dated? When I search all I come up with is from the last 24 hours.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I did a google search on this and its popping up everywhere, videos about it on youtube, Ireland news reporting it, or a blog news site in Ireland not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the news here in the U.S. doesnt say a word.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I really doubt the veracity of this story. I googled the villages name and this story is all over the calendar. Obviously it didn't just happen, so it is not "Breaking news."

I think that there may have been a possible accident and some one said, "Hey! Let's blame the Americans. That way we won't get into trouble."

Yep, I'll buy that for a dollar.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

well we all know the solution
but posting it will get us labeled as terrists sooo...

maybe i'll make thread on the Short Sharp Shock for psychos and get banned LOL!

and it's taking away attention from my latest thread despite it's provocative title LOL
edit on 22-12-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well look at what our good friends at the Council on Foreign Relations had to say today:

CFR Member Says It Is Time To Attack Iran

Bolstering President Obama's developing plan to attack Iran before Iran becomes a nuclear weapons power — even if it could never become one, Matthew Kroenig, assistant professor of government at Georgetown University, recent NY Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) International Affairs Fellow, and former strategist in the Office of the Secretary of Defense, in an article in Foreign Affairs Jan-Feb 2012 issue, says the time to attack Iran is now.

Bloodthirsty bastards!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This also happens just days before the planned Iranian Naval drill"

Iranian officials announced that their armed forces will commence on a 10-day naval exercise on December 24, stretching from the Persian Gulf to the Gulf of Aden. The announcement comes after several US defense officials issued strong warnings against the Islamic Republic’s nuclear ambitions, while Saudi Arabia announced its intentions to form a unified foreign policy for Gulf Cooperation States. In addition, Israel has announced increased military cooperation on a number of fronts, including renewed cooperation with the Turkish air force, and large scale anti-missile drills with United States scheduled for the Spring of 2012.

www.max-security.com...

I was hoping all this saber rattling would just die off, but it appears they're staying true to their game plan. I was in a great mood this morning until now.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Great, welcome ww3, drafts and deaths. thanks NWO

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

actually it's WW IV
WW III is all the crap going on since the Cold war ended.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
HOAX!
Settle down people it's an old story.
This did not happen today. All the other sources are quoting the mail as the source.
Go to thier home page and just see if you can even find a reference to this story...
THE MAIL HOME PAGE

edit on 22-12-2011 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

No not to this exact article, however if you look at the title in your search bar this article is number 170,000 odd, whereas if u look at a new article then they are well over the 200,000 Mark. Also here is a story dated 24th march 2003, naming the same town bombed read down and you will see them mentioned. The original poster of this thread has simply come across an article from 8.5 years ago. www.counterpunch.org...
edit on 22-12-2011 by supernova190188 because: Forgot to add link

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join