It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE - Army wants Zardari out but no coup - sources

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

EXCLUSIVE - Army wants Zardari out but no coup - sources

in.reuters.com

Pakistan's powerful army is fed up with unpopular President Asif Ali Zardari and wants him out of office, but through legal means and without a repeat of the coups that are a hallmark of the country's 64 years of independence, military sources said.

Tensions are rising between Pakistan's civilian leaders and its generals over a memo that accused the army of plotting a coup after the U.S. raid that killed Osama bin Laden in May.

"Who isn't fed up with Zardari? It's not just the opposition and the man on the street but people within the government too," said one military source who
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is an interesting development in an already hectic region. Pakistan has a lot of different factions within it's borders fighting for power and military sponsored regime change could be dangerous. They claim to not want a coup, but military regime takeovers are exactly that, a coup.

Who's behind this? Is it the Americans? Russians? Chinese?

The Pakistanis?

We will see who was behind this when the new puppet gets installed.

in.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Just another carefully planned move in the game we call the Middle East.

Who benefits from this though? I'm not exactly sure yet.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
A coup in Pakistan would not surprise me, especially with the current unrest. After the coup, an anti West agenda would most likely be adopted with hardline Muslim values. This will cause certain parties to go in and secure the nuclear arsenal.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth4Thought

The party that benefits will all depend on who is put into power after the "coup".

There are too many options to properly predict an outcome. I'm open to suggestions though.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Well I doubt China is behind this considering their ties to each other. Russia maybe, but I think signs are going to be point to U.S/NATO agenda on this one.

Unless this is a peoples led revolt OR even their own gov't workers had enough as well and are planning a over throw with or without violent action. Give him the chance to step down first, if that fails, then I'm sure they will do the ol fashioned way.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

but I think signs are going to be point to U.S/NATO agenda on this one.

Due to recent events, your prediction isn't so far fetched. U.S./NATO have had their hands in every single uprising over there recently, so who's to say they won't try the same thing in Pakistan, especially since relations with the current governmental party are at an all time low. Might as well install some more obedient puppets.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I agree. Things with them have been on the rise of escalation since the killing of Osama bin Laden on their soil. They are all pissy because they were hiding him and we (America) found him.

Sad thing about Pakistan too is they are mostly anti-American and the American gov't gives them billions of dollars each year. It's like being the bully on the block but insted of taking the nerd's money you give him money...Doesn't make sense to me, but then most of this stuff is played out and is really getting old. Time for some REAL change. Just my two cents.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
In my opinion: The US is behind this as it's hard to do something when Pakistan has a democratic government as the decision has to go through the Pakistani congress. If there is a military dictatorship, it's easy to do something because obviously, one person has all the power. Clever thinking by the US I must admit.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

American gov't gives them billions of dollars each year.
-SAP-

Pakistan deserves all that money because the US has been using their roads and ports for the equipment for the Afghan war.
edit on 22/12/2011 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

If your theory is correct, it would work in the American's favor if they were to require any assistance from Pakistan for whatever reason. If this were an American sponsored operation it could certainly have its advantages from multiple standpoints, but there is also the risk of it backfiring and having the undesired effect.

new topics

top topics

join