It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards Airforce Base Bigfoot Sightings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sort of a coincidence...I ran into another story about Bigfoot around military bases in a report at the Bigfoot Research Organization's website bfro.net

Mr. T also has friends in the local Army community stationed at nearby Fort Pickett. And through those connections he is learning of several anecdotal reports involving troops and employees on the fort who have encountered a large bipedal creature. Some reports involve troops in the field on night maneuvers. But one interesting report comes from a civilian cook who was terrified by a close encounter with a tall, hairy creature running quickly past as he exited the rear of the mess hall late at night. The fort's Military Police are said to be aware of the creature, but the term "bigfoot" is never used. Instead the locals refer to it as the "Pickett creature".

Again the military seems aware of reported sightings.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by angrywhitechick

I find the possible link between UFO's and Bigfoot interesting.
John A Keel mentions in his book 'The Mothman Prophecies' that sightings of large hairy humanoids(usually with glowing red eyes) increase around areas experiencing a UFO flap. Many conventional Sasquatch reports include the glowing eyes, the site I have sourced this story from includes another report from EAFB which involves security guards and something big with glowing eyes but I didn't add it here. As I mentioned in the OP, the Skinwalker Ranch in Utah, once the site of bizarre paranormal activity, has yielded many reports of huge hairy humanoids with the bright red eyes alongside tonnes of UFO activity. So the question remains, for me anyway, is Bigfoot a paranormal entity or a real flesh and blood animal?

Here's another link mentioning UFO's, EAFB and Bigfoot: Source

edit on 4-1-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

I really do not know what to think about the Bigfoot/ UFO connection. Over the past several years I have read just about every new report posted at bfro.net and I cannot recall even one that mentions a UFO connection. On the other hand you have reports like those you mentioned by John Keel and the interesting book Silent Invasion (the Pennsylvania UFO-Bigfoot Casebook) by Stan Gordon about the 1973-74 UFO flap in Pennsylvania. There were a lot of reports of Bigfoot and UFOs sighted at the same time in '73-'74.

I don't think we will ever know until one is captured.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I believe
In a bigfoot type ape, and a Chewbacca type intelligent possibly interdimensional being. S+f, great topic and thread, I hope to see more. Even remote viewers have reported a chewbacca type interdimensional, its fascinating.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
www.bigfootencounters.com...

This guy seemed to be convinced Bigfoot were here and not here. His story is from 1927 way before all the interdimentional woo-woo stuff hit the fan. That alone is interesting.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I believe that they can smell us coming a mile away and this gives them the ability to stay away from us.
It would be interesting to find out why the military knows of them but aren't willing to update us on their existance if they truely know that they are out there but choose to leave them alone.

Another thought would be Alien shape shifters....Like a Shape Shifting Predator. Like in the Movie Predator but actually can turn from an Alien into a Creature that adapts to the surroundings. Like a camilion. Who knows what Aliens if there are such a thing could do that have more intelligence then us.

Or could this be future soldier training. They have transformed an elite group of soldiers into camilion like warriors who are able to shape shift into a life form that can help them survive all kinds of terrains.

OOps I believe I may have left my mind get alittle out there with the possiblities...I currently have a cold and I think the cold medicine is doing a number on my imagnation....lol

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
I believe that they can smell us coming a mile away and this gives them the ability to stay away from us.
It would be interesting to find out why the military knows of them but aren't willing to update us on their existance if they truely know that they are out there but choose to leave them alone.

Another thought would be Alien shape shifters....Like a Shape Shifting Predator. Like in the Movie Predator but actually can turn from an Alien into a Creature that adapts to the surroundings. Like a camilion. Who knows what Aliens if there are such a thing could do that have more intelligence then us.

Or could this be future soldier training. They have transformed an elite group of soldiers into camilion like warriors who are able to shape shift into a life form that can help them survive all kinds of terrains.

OOps I believe I may have left my mind get alittle out there with the possiblities...I currently have a cold and I think the cold medicine is doing a number on my imagnation....lol

Interesting that you mention the movie 'Predator'. Again, citing Colm Kellerher's 'Hunt For The Skinwalker' book (I highly recommend it) which is an account of bizarre happenings on a remote ranch in Utah during the late '90s. There is an astonishing account of an encounter with a large entity that seemed to use some kind of 'Predator'-like camouflage. Tom Gorman, who was the ranch owner where all the activity was occurring, and his son along with another person, witnessed a large creature moving at high speed through a forested area, it rapidly approached one of the witnesses and emitted a terrifying roar. It's outline was reportedly very difficult to discern, it looked like a shimmering heat distortion. A few weeks later the Gormans were watching the movie Predator on t.v. and both Tom and his son suddenly cried out "that's what we saw!". Bigfoot sightings on the ranch were common, as were large humanoid footprints, and noxious smells accompanied with the hair-raising feeling of being watched. Many sasquatch reports include the bad smell that these creatures supposedly emit. Interestingly, other cryptids, such as extremely large wolves were also witnessed in the vicinity of the ranch.
edit on 26-1-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
www.bigfootencounters.com...

This is the only website I could find regarding "Blue Eyes". I'm currently stationed at Edwards AFB but in the last couple years have heard nothing but old stories. A gate shack at the AFRL (Air Force Research Laboratory on Leuman Ridge) is know as the Blue Eyes gate shack (was shown in one of the Transformers movies as well) that was shot to hell by a gate guard. She thought she saw a pair of blue eyes through the door window and unloaded her M9 at the "eyes". That was early 2000's I believe. Outside of that rather recent story only the really old stories get told. Edwards and the AFRL are rife with stories and the AFRL is a wonderland of mystery, considering it has an underground facility ala the Umbrella Corporation from Resident Evil. It's been closed for years and the tunnel have been locked and secured. It even had an underground farm. There's a man-made mountain that has a steel lined room with seats lining the wall and a single seat in the middle. Guards termed it the "feed chamber" and made up stories that's where Blue Eyes came from. Like I said, this place has some amazing stories...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is a little off topic, but it does have to do with bigfoot and military bases. I have read about many sightings at Ft. Lewis in WA. What I've heard is its a known fact around base and not talked about. Anyone who was stationed there care to talk about it?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well, I know for sure there's been a large hairy humanoid with 12.5 EE feet at EAFB for about three months now.

Before that I can't say.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SwampDweller

Swamp Dweller, I saw something similar on the backside of Ft Lewis military base last year. There was no question what I saw as I had time to see it, look again, and then watch it walk off the road to the right into the military base property.

There is no question that they know about it with all the night time maneuvers in the area. The bigfoot research investigator that came to see me told me his first sighting was within a mile of where I saw my own and was of a similar creature.

I was in the serious doubter camp before that. Now I know it's out there, no question. There are times I wish I had never seen it to be honest It has made a big impact on my life and I no longer go play in the woods at all and I never thought I would see the day I would be nervous in the woods with a 30-06, but there it is.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Had a dream about Sasquatch once, fairly realistic, the thing was psychic.
It froze my body, I was unable to even scream, it had big red eyes.

Originally posted by yourmaker
dream starts off - i'm laying in my bed, something out back catches my attention. I look out my window and I see the silhouette of what looks to be Sasquatch. I run outside in disbelief towards the forest when all of the sudden, it catches me in like a sort of daze, like it hypnotized me. This is where I instantly feel an insane amount of FEAR.
I began to try and scream at the top of my lungs to get anyone to come and help me but it conceals my screams which just made me try and scream harder and run, but I couldn't move!..
It has fangs like a snake, and red glaring eyes. It was comparable to Donnie Darko, but it was like a natural creature with psychic ability.

it's so weird because I don't care about Sasquatch, this was the most random dream i've ever had.
the psychic bit is what scared me the most. It was soooo real. Screaming, with no one to hear it. man...
it just stood there, like 7ft tall, and 15-20ft away, glaring at me, didn't move, just stood.
and it all happened around my house, as real as if I were awake.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

I can relate. I saw a skunk ape back in 83 and to this day I'm on edge in the woods and won't go into them unless I'm carrying a .357.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wardog72

Thanks for your input.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I would love to read a more detailed account of your sighting. Have you thought of reporting it?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeman351

Dude, what did you see? Feel free to elaborate.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

The glowing eyes which are occasionally reported with some bigfoot sightings seem to lead away from the 'flesh and blood' hypothesis, and into the realm of the paranormal.

I recommend John A Keels book 'The Mothman Prophecies'.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I did report it and it can be found in the bfro archives of sightings. It is titled man sees bigfoot south of spanaway Washington or something like that. I will see if I can dig up a link. There ya go. www.bfro.net...

EDIT: Link to my sighting
edit on 30-6-2013 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torok
My money would be on a Chewbacca type creature. Of course I am out of my mind most of the time.

There have been reports of a Wookie-type critter running around D.C., but other than that ......

As far as Edwards AFB and natural cryptids, I'd have a rough time wrapping my head around it. Anyone who's ever been in the high desert knows why. Having said that, it would not surprise me in the least if DoD was eyeball deep in genetic engineering chimeras for specialized tasks.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

Great story, thanks for the link.

It raises questions, again, about the proximity of your sighting to a military base. Do elements of the military command know about the existence of sasquatch?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join