It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Cops LAUGH at Victim of a Car Accident "Dont' jog to work you dump [snip]"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Cops, doctors, ambulance drivers, firefighters, military all have a propensity toward morbid humor. I think it's messed up but it's not new, and certainly isn't isolated just to cops. I'm not condoning the behavior, but I also don't think it's as bad as it seems. Flame away.

Yea, well, you're wrong.

This is news.

If you were just saying "people can be dicks in general" I'd agree with you, but since this officer went out of his way to mock a man he's supposed to serve and protect while in critical condition based upon his life choices. (Which are obviously wiser and healthier than the officer's own life choices - albeit them getting him seriously injured) In the UK, the officer would have had to give him a form in case he wanted to file a formal complaint, and would have received harsh punishment.

I suppose if the Officer had blacked out outside of convenience store while on duty because he wanted a snack and was choking on food, it would have been fine for the citizen to stand on the sidelines and say "Guess you shouldn't eat on duty, you fat ****." that would have been fine?

I think some of you people post faster than you think.

Being the protector and server of the common man means you should know how to be professional, and if you fail to do so you should get your ass canned and figure out how to not fail at your career.

And before you go telling me my retort isn't solid -

Should a doctor be allowed to say "Guess you shouldn't walk outside when it's icy, retard." To someone who broke a bone slipping on the ice? They'd probably get sue'd or at the very least have their career scruntinzed.

Should a fireman be allowed to say "What kind of (bleep) moron doesn't have a smoke alarm in their hallway?" to someone who just lost their house to a fire?

Should a construction worker be allowed to say "Don't move into a flood-zone, you low income (bleep)." To someone who's house is rotting from the bottom up?

No?

Then why the (bleep) should a cop be allowed to? I guess they just get to say whatever the (bleep) they want to (bleep) say, because that's completely (bleep) appropriate.
edit on 23-12-2011 by thegagefather because: b/c

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The cops should have made the driver come back and run the SOB over again. People need to stay off road ways, Bikers, Joggers, the whole lot think they own the road. They will run out in front of cars, and in general be ##snip##. No loss really if he would have died.

I for one think that joggers should stay on the sidewalk or be fined out the arse. Same thing for bikers stay in that little white road that some county's pave for your or get hit/ arrested/ fined.

Sick of these morons thinking they own the road, When I want to Job/run/ bike I take my wrangler go to a FED park or off road track and stay out of cars way.

Guys a moron and should have died for it. Darwinism should have been allowed to run its course

edit on Fri Dec 23 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Cops, doctors, ambulance drivers, firefighters, military all have a propensity toward morbid humor. I think it's messed up but it's not new, and certainly isn't isolated just to cops. I'm not condoning the behavior, but I also don't think it's as bad as it seems. Flame away.

agreed!!!!!!!!!!!! these people see so many messed up things (chard children, split open pensioners, people who have bit splattered all over the road) to have dark sense of humour is a coping mechanism, its not there fault just the job they do, and the job does not exactly not encourage it. In fact I can have a bit of a laugh with my doctor since she gets my dark sense of humour. I'm not sure about the US but in the UK no one can drink a medical student under the table, they seen too much!!!!!
edit on 23-12-2011 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Drivers, cops or otherwise, will tend to blame the jogger/walker/cyclist for being hit by a fellow driver. Those who drive exclusively and never share the road are like a cult of ignorant apes.

Yes, they are. I know a few truck drivers who say that cyclists shouldn't be on the road.

Then I look at the fit, healthy cyclists, and look at them.

Obesity is a huge problem in our society, so nobody has the right to say you shouldn't jog or ride a pushbike. It would be interesting to see what physical shape that cop is in.

A quote from one of my favourite movies, The Green Beautiful: "People didn't walk anymore. Then they died from heart attacks."
edit on 23/12/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I don't know, personally but I call that demon infested. I think they need to snip their ties with Darth Vader.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by Sly1one

How did they save him?

Its been a few years but last I knew cops can't touch or move anyone in that joggers situation unless he's about to be run over.

All they do is direct traffic while the EMT's and medics actually stabilize the guy.

Maybe all cops are medics now?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Because I can't edit mobile, sure ESPN can fire Hank Williams.

Just as your local news station can fire their weather guy if he goes off on some rant they don't like on a rival station or on any public platform.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Would you take a job risking your life for 30k a year? Most don't. Cities also stop for leaders, who haven't done the same either.

The difference being is the garbage man is unskilled labor who fell off a truck and got ran over, as opposed to someone who got shot by a criminal into a situation they ran into.
Same with fisherman and roofers.

But ordinary people who rescue others also touted as heroes, it is not limited to cops and firemen.

WRONG! Stop your nonsense. There are skilled people no matter what their field is. Garbage men are more like truck drivers with heavy equipment operator know how. That takes skills. I have never heard of a garbage man running over himself. Roofers have skills, fishermen have skills. You're just too ignorant and shallow to undertake research in what it actually takes to be a skilled tradesman of true grit. Ordinary people who risk life and limb to save a stranger do not get raises, they don't get ceremonies, they don't get it recorded in their permanent record... only the bad stuff goes in there.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Yes, but the comment wasn't humorous though. It was callous and nasty.

(Not having a go at you Domo 1)

It displays a mindset that's wholly inappropriate for the role they're paid to perform. Sack them, and replace them with people who give a toss about their fellow man.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
The cops should have made the driver come back and run the SOB over again. People need to stay off road ways, Bikers, Joggers, the whole lot think they own the road. They will run out in front of cars, and in general be douch bags. No loss really if he would have died...

You need to get some help!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

At the very LEAST, these officers should be facing an investigation and further training - at LEAST.

You can't train 'bad' out of a person. Save the training and just fire them.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
-If you see someone die infront of you it's going to be pretty shocking, something you probably remember forever.

-If you see 10 people die infront of you (not on one occasion of course) it's going to bring you on a downer, not unescapable but it'll affect you I'd say.

-If you see 100 people die infront of you well then damn you had better be able to joke about it or you're going to go crazy. Not to their face, not to other people, merely with yourself and other people in your profession who will understand the humour because they cope in the same way.

Ever notice how many people can joke about accidents they have been in after a while...even even they are the victim in the joke? It's a way of coping and moving on, saying no you know what I wont let this affect me.

When I made fun of my attack and said 'Damn I must be lonely I'll do anything to get a girls attention' or 'Yeah but I didn't die, and I got 8 weeks off work, worth it!'. Most of my friends just looked at me and said "But it was serious arn't you bothered by that?" Well yes of course I was but if I couldn't turn it into a joke then it would play on my mind everyday forever.

Now it's unfortunate that it was caught on camera, terrible that the victim saw it yes, and one would hope people would take care to make sure nobody else would hear such a joke... but if it helps them sleep at night when they could have been watching someone die there...is it THAT bad? Really?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye
When I made fun of my attack and said 'Damn I must be lonely I'll do anything to get a girls attention' or 'Yeah but I didn't die, and I got 8 weeks off work, worth it!'. Most of my friends just looked at me and said "But it was serious arn't you bothered by that?" Well yes of course I was but if I couldn't turn it into a joke then it would play on my mind everyday forever.

And if I said "you must really be hurting for some time off" that's a joke.

If I said "you're a bleeping dumb bleep you bleeping bleep" that's also a joke? I dont think so.

How is it that so many people seem to think a directed insult is a joke? Is it Howard Sterns fault? South Parks fault? There is no humor in a mean spirited insult shot straight at your face.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
While the comments made by the officer/officers were both shameful and wrong, I don't think it is that big of a deal. The officer didn't break the law, I personally think people need to grow thicker skin! So what if he said something that hurt your feelings, act like an adult, suck it up, and get over it. Sick and tired of everyone having to watch what they say and be more "politically correct". It's a free country supposedly, say what you want when you want in my opinion. If others dont like it, that is their problem. But, I do agree that what the officer said was rather childish, the jogger had every right to jog to work, but again, nothing news worthy here. NEXT............

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
We live in a world that strips us of are humanety.
people dont care any more. they have No feelings.

Like when you get a suicide
and some ones shouts jump!
sad part is. the rest chant it to.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The cops should have made the driver come back and run the SOB over again. People need to stay off road ways, Bikers, Joggers, the whole lot think they own the road. They will run out in front of cars, and in general be ##snip##. No loss really if he would have died.

I for one think that joggers should stay on the sidewalk or be fined out the arse. Same thing for bikers stay in that little white road that some county's pave for your or get hit/ arrested/ fined.

Sick of these morons thinking they own the road, When I want to Job/run/ bike I take my wrangler go to a FED park or off road track and stay out of cars way.

Guys a moron and should have died for it. Darwinism should have been allowed to run its course

edit on Fri Dec 23 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

You don't own the road.

You don't get to decide who uses the road.

You don't get to decide what form of transportation the road should be used for.

If you truly have roadrage that bad, your driver's license should be revoked.

Maybe you don't want to get up off your fat ass and not use your car ever in your entire life - but some people like to be active human beings.

Listen to the way you talk - Like you're some sort of royalty that everyone else should cater to.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EngineerGuY
While the comments made by the officer/officers were both shameful and wrong, I don't think it is that big of a deal. The officer didn't break the law, I personally think people need to grow thicker skin! So what if he said something that hurt your feelings, act like an adult, suck it up, and get over it. Sick and tired of everyone having to watch what they say and be more "politically correct". It's a free country supposedly, say what you want when you want in my opinion. If others dont like it, that is their problem. But, I do agree that what the officer said was rather childish, the jogger had every right to jog to work, but again, nothing news worthy here. NEXT............

This has absolutely nothing to do with being P/C.

An officer of the law does not have the right to harass a man who is in danger of losing his life.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

You don't own the road.

You don't get to decide who uses the road.

You don't get to decide what form of transportation the road should be used for.

If you truly have roadrage that bad, your driver's license should be revoked.

Maybe you don't want to get up off your fat ass and not use your car ever in your entire life - but some people like to be active human beings.

Listen to the way you talk - Like you're some sort of royalty that everyone else should cater to.

Also - I'd just like to point out that most major cities have bike paths on their streets for a reason.

"YOU MEAN I CANT USE MY CELLPHONE WHILE I DRIVE MY 6000 POUND METALLIC OBJECT BECAUSE THERE ARE *bleep* PEOPLE IN THE *bleep* STREET?! GET THE *bleep* OUT OF THE ROAD!!!"

"Sir, you're supposed to have both hands on the wheel and and eyes on the road - even using a bluetooth while driving is illegal."

"*bleep* THAT! THIS ROAD IS MINE!"
edit on 23-12-2011 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I dont think cops like joggers because they arent behind a wheel getting traffic tickets from them.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join