It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the Companies Supporting SOPA, the Awful Internet Censorship Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Who's officially on the record backing what could be the worst thing to ever happen to the internet? All of these companies listed below. Don't take our word for it—this list comes straight from Congress. Just FYI. If you want to get in touch, we've provided a contact list below. Maybe you want to let them know how you feel about SOPA.

I would highly urge members to make use of this list. SOPA is frightening, and it needs to be stopped. Gizmodo has a great list with contact information.

Link

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
And I always thought Disney loved me

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
When Hollywood starts offering refunds for the horrible crap they put in theaters, just too put something in theaters, I will stop stealing from them. As far as I am concerned they have been stealing from me since the 80s. How you may ask? By buying critics to say this movie is "AWESOME!" and by making trailers that are 1,000,000 times better than the actual movie. Have there been movies I liked in the last 30 years? Yes and I have paid for the DVDs of them all.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I don't buy movies, i just rent them, or go to the theatre. Buying dvd's is a waste of space and a waste of money because the resale value is only about 10% of what you paid for it and thats if you have a yardsale. They take up space if you have enough of them and theyre a headache to manage. Whats a person need all that plastic for anyway?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I for one can't wait to single handedly shut down Facebook and Google

Any representative voting for this is BOUGHT and should be voted out asap. This is worse than the patriot act for crying out loud!!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I see godaddy is on the list. I say boycott everyone of these companies who support this crap. I just renewed 2 of my domains this week with them. I may now transfer those domains and the rest to another company.

Pathetic.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Been thinkin' the same thing friend-

ALSO-
I want lists of senators/reps and their votes/stances on this, NDAA, and the payroll tax bill.
I searched for a long time last night and couldn't find even a convoluted list- let alone something simple and straightforward.
...I mean God forbid, right?!
HONESTY and DIRECTNESS?!
pfft.

edit on 22-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Just ......this !

Peace

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rokrep69

I was surprised to see GoDaddy. Someone in the comments on the article suggested that they would still be able to collect even if a site was affected.

new topics

top topics

join