It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremist Teachings Remain in Saudi Textbooks Despite Kingdoms Claims of Reform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Extremist Teachings Remain in Saudi Textbooks Despite Kingdoms Claims of Reform

This is where terrorism starts, in the education system.” Ali Al-Ahmed, director of the Institute for Gulf Affairs, told Fox News. Al-Ahmed, a Saudi national, said the textbooks, made and paid for by the Saudi government, were smuggled out of the kingdom through confidential sources.

In a textbook for 10th-graders, printed for the 2010-2011 academic year, al-Ahmed said teenagers are taught barbaric practices. “They show students how to cut (the) hand and the feet of a thief,” he said. In another textbook, for ninth-graders, the students are taught the annihilation of the Jewish people is imperative. One text reads in part: “The hour (of judgment) will not come until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them. ... There is a Jew behind me come and kill him.”

According to the textbook translations provided to Fox News, women are described as weak and irresponsible. And al-Ahmed said the textbooks call for homosexuals to be put to death "because they pose a danger at society, as the Saudi school books teaches.”

If true .... :shk: and
Not surprised. The Saudis have always appeased the Wahabbis.
This is probably an appeasement thing. (IMHO) Considering the books are new 2010/2011 school year
they can't say that they just haven't flushed them out of the system yet.

Other sources with the same info -

Fight the Jews and Kill Them - Extremist Teachings Remain in Saudi Textbooks
India Times - Extremist Teachings Remain in Saudi Text Books
PBS - Saudi Time Bomb

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Thanks FlyersFan for making a thread of this.

I looked in the links you provided and consider this sickening.
Human madness still seems to know no boundaries.

Peace to you.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
One can only hope most students would see in the text books falseness ....They are quite extreme for sure ..I recall recognizing false statements in my grade 4 and 5 history text books so one can only hope ....peace

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
... and of course the main stream media and news outlets are not discussing this at all. Nothing from the Obama administration on why our good buddies the Saudi's are pushing this stuff in text books. We all are supposed to be PC and ignore it.

new topics

top topics

join