It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacob Zuma blames Christianity for breakdown of South African traditions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
christianity is to blame for helping to stamp out tribe-on-tribe slavery, murder, and rape?
how horrible

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by 547000
I bet people will use this to justify persecution of Christians, and like normal western media will look the other way.

Has that persecution not been earned? I call myself a "former Christian" for a reason. Given the history of the Church(es), and the bastardization of what could (or, possibly could not) be Christs story, I felt spiritually unclean.

Christians seem to be trying to emulate the Jewish history by embracing the persecutory delusions. Thing is, Jewish people actually HAVE been treated horribly. Often by the Christians themselves ("Jesus killers!!!"). Christianity has ruled the world (often with an iron fist).

I honestly don't see this persecution that I so often hear about. Matter of fact, unless I am online playing the role of Bigfatfurrytexan, I have to "act" Christian or risk persecution myself. So much so that during things like Rotary meetings, I awkwardly stumble my way through when asked to lead the prayer/pledge for the group. THAT is persecution.

Maybe you want to educate yourself as to what happens outside the west.

<< 1  2   >>

join