It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat Soothes Baby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong place please move.

Cheers

I dont know this is a little weird. Something strikes me as being a little strange in this video. I would appreciate thoughts and opinions on this. I am thinking there may be some communication going on - maybe?

motherandbaby.ninemsn.com.au...

Quick script:

The bub starts to cry and the Cat pats its head!
edit on 22-12-2011 by The_Seeker because: Added script of Vid

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

Thats very sweet

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

If the cat stop bobbing him in his head maybe he would stop crying. Too cute.

Cat comforter.

Looks almost like midnight my black cat.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It's not soothing the baby to sleep, it is trying to play with the baby, you can tell that in the very beginning of the video.

I hope the cat is declawed, cause I never would have let it near my baby like that!

I have two cats BTW, and I love them have had cats my whole life, the cat is not soothing the baby, IMO, it is trying to play .... the baby is probably already tired and went out like a light.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Would you mind if I removed your fingernails?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
It's not soothing the baby to sleep, it is trying to play with the baby, you can tell that in the very beginning of the video.

I hope the cat is declawed, cause I never would have let it near my baby like that!

I have two cats BTW, and I love them have had cats my whole life, the cat is not soothing the baby, IMO, it is trying to play .... the baby is probably already tired and went out like a light.

I agree. It's pretty clear that the cat wants to play. It's not trying to soothe the baby at all.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by WhoDat09

Would you mind if I removed your fingernails?

LOL Like I said I have two cats and they both have ALL their claws, however I would NEVER let them anywhere near my baby's face like the cat in the video.

Just saying cats claws are sharp! They hurt!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Thread of this was made yesterday!

Love the video, cats are so cool! I think they have many psychic abilities

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I would imagine the cat has been de-clawed, can't imagine anyone actually standing there filming with the prospect of a cat about to stick it's claws in a baby's fontanel, but maybe I have too much faith in common sense.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]My first thought was the cat walking around in it's litter box and then touching the baby with it's germy paws. Litter boxes can carry toxoplasmosis. If that were my baby, I would be freaking out.
edit on 22-12-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

Explanation: S&F!

OL saw it as all of the following examples ...

1. Started out playing then became concerned and was deftly placing its paw for best reiki healing effects
  2. Also can be seen from the darker shadowy side .. such as "I can haz brainsucker sucka!"

3. : "Please seek to become still and find rest! There we go!"

4. DID I SAY BRAINSUKERS YET???

5. "Awww ... come on Ref ... thats gotta be count of 3 by now ... see I pinned their shoulders .. using their head!"
    etc.
  6. My Fist! Bump it!

Personal Disclosure: OL loves this vid for what it is worth at face value [aww very cute
] and also for what lies deeper beneath ...

edit on 22-12-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix buggy emoticon and change it to another one.

edit on 22-12-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling. :shk:

edit on 22-12-2011 by OmegaLogos because: edited to remove extra embedded picture.

edit on 22-12-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited for same reason above.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Pretty much my thoughts as well with regards to the cat playing or toying with the baby to start with. I was a little concerned about that as well, yes the claws!!!!
As the vid moves on, the way the cat looked and seemed to concentrate then hold for a little with its paw on the babies head, and especially when I watch the way the child moves, I was just thinking that there may be more to it than that.
I have had cats previously and you could see what the cat was initially doing, but after the cat "settled" and seemed to concentrate a little, it just struck me as strange.
I have experienced a lot of unusual things with my animals (that I think is also another thread), so to me it didnt seem that far fetched.

And I do appologise for the double post

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Saw the vid. Loved it. I think however, that the cat was trained. It 'had it in it', as they say, but ya, you're right: It's not natural for a cat to console a crying baby like that. hence the training. Great stuff!
edit on 25/12/2011 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/12/2011 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join