It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy the IRS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Has anyone thought about occupying the IRS? They are a very invasive company that tends to ruin lives and economies. They take our tax money and do not represent the needs of the American public.

I could sit here and talk about the constitutionality of this agency and about the year 1913 and how that year changed our lives forever but we all know the story.....
edit on 22-12-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Now there's an Occupy event I'd show up to!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
OWS used the cops to protect the corporate elites.
The IRS would use private mercenaries with shoot to kill orders.

I like the idea, but we'd need A LOT of Jedi to attempt that one.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
yes indeed....many jedi need we will.....great their skill in the art of squating mut be......lol

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I believe a large amount of gasoline would be more effective. Obviously you'd need to wait until everyone was outside the building?

ETA Use the torch Luke!

edit on 22/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Like others...You could count me in to that one too. Whichever location in the nation...I'll drive.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The only real occupy that would work is Occupy America.

This would include all of the people that weren't slaves to do the following:

-Stop working
-Stop buying anything
-Stop voting
-Stop driving
-Go outside and protest in their city
-Turn their tv off for good and throw it away
-Stop listening to the radio
-Stop paying bills, or any debts
and lastly...
_Get your weapons ready and fight for your life when anyone comes to arrest, detain, enslave, or kill you and your family, friends and neighbors.

If we don't go to that extreme the point will not be proven. And the point would never be proven if we gave up after the tyrants made promises that they'd never keep anyway.

These criminals that run the world need to see we will not participate in their games anymore. Sadly too many people haven't the slightest idea how to live off the land with a knife and the clothes on their back. If they did, well we could do this in a heartbeat. But no one would be able to give up electricity, running water, etc. Too many have become so accustomed to these luxuries that they believe we need them to survive.

Just think about what would happen if no one used anything for a day, how about a month, or a year? These corporations would have to try to figure out another way to stay on top. Is it possible? Sure is! Is it probable? Not a chance....

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't think you guys realize the Sith you are talking about "occupying", these guys do not play around.

Constitution, Smonstitution, you think life is cheap in China, the IRS eats life for a snack everyday then takes your house and everything you own after belching blood, sweat, & tears. China at least makes it quick and painless.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I love these sith references... im playing the new star wars MMO, and have been re-watching all the original movies and man..and it is true...it is relatable to real life what the sith are plotting, and what they do in order to get more power... IE: politicians/govt/bankers are the sith

Back on topic though... I agree that something needs to be done about the IRS...

Being taxed but where is my representation?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I need some help here. I understood that about half of American households have no federal income tax liability. So why should that half of America care? Wouldn't Occupy IRS help mainly the rich?

I'm not trying to be cute here, I really don't get it. (Unless, maybe the whole thread is humorous?)

new topics

top topics

join