It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Women Share 1st Kiss at US Navy Ship's Return

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
sexy

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm glad this ridiculous rule is gone. Love is love. As far as I'm concerned it's a non issue. I'm glad they came home safe and I wish them happiness. It's non of my business or anyone else's who they choose to love and be with.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I think I can safely say, from my lofty perch as a straight male, I wouldn't care if it were two guys kissing. Love is love. ...they're home safely from deployment. That's all that truly matters. At least to me.

DADT has died an unlamented death, so far as I'm concerned.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No.

My problem was the "Hurr, hurr, that's hot. hurr, hurr" comment.

It was asinine.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I never knew that a sailor was selected to be the one to have the first kiss. I learned something new and frankly, that was the most interesting part of the story (not the fact that the two are women)

edit on 22-12-2011 by FrozenMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrozenMist

I never knew that a sailor was selected to be the one to have the first kiss. I learned something new and frankly, that was the most interesting part of the story (not the fact that the two are women)

edit on 22-12-2011 by FrozenMist because: (no reason given)

It's a non-issue. Though the media hyped it up pretty good.

When a ship is coming back from deployment it holds a raffle to pick the Sailor who get's the first kiss. The money raised by the raffle goes to the ship's MWR (Rec) fund. I won that raffle coming back from my second deployment.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
the whole scene looked too staged. like a couple of actors in a play.

i'm not saying they aren't who they said they are, i'm just saying it looked like an act.

-subfab

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I know I did.

It was mostly the Navy part though. Mostly..

Anyways all I can think of is how people joke that sailors in the navy are gay.

Other than that good on them I suppose. Although I don't understand that just because don't ask don't tell was removed we now get stories of gay servicemen and women making out.

EDIT: Oh I also forgot to mention I always end up getting mermerized by you're avatar for a good ten minutes grace.
edit on 12/23/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
In the art of war, it is said that everyone is useful to an army....as it is that an army is not just made up of soldiers fighting. It consists of medics, transporters, technicians...etc....and not to mention that a gay person can still kill another human being if he/she is a soldier fighting.....

I think this whole issue come about to avoid awkward moments for insecure heterosexuals.....kinda lame on our WARRIORS part...."I´ll kill the crap out of you.....just dont shower with me"

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Just as I'd suspected. It was staged.

"Kiss heard 'round the world: Lesbians chosen for Navy tradition"
latimesblogs.latimes.com... the-world-by-activists-wh.html

Gaeta was chosen to have the honor of the "first kiss" as part of a raffle in which sailors bought $1 tickets to raise funds for a Christmas party for military children. Gaeta said she bought $50 worth of tickets.

Navy officials said it was the first time a same-sex couple was chosen to have the first kiss. The first-kiss is a Navy tradition for ships returning to port.

David Bauer, the commanding officer of the Oak Hill, said the crew's reaction was positive when learning that Gaeta and Snell would have the first kiss. Before the kiss took place, he told AP: "It's going to happen and the crew's going to enjoy it."

I'm thinking this raffle was fixed, too.
Not to mention, the crew was told how to feel about it as I bolded within the text.

It's a shame that things like this are turned into a sideshow to push an agenda.
Who cares if you're gay or not, but I hate having it shoved down my throat.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I know I did.

It was mostly the Navy part though. Mostly..

EDIT: Oh I also forgot to mention I always end up getting mermerized by you're avatar for a good ten minutes grace.
edit on 12/23/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

Way cool, Mcupbob -- you're a real "truther!"

And thanks, it's comments like yours that make me grateful that I ditched my overdone, esoteric avatar image for the bug-eyed little Philipine tarsier.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Never understood why people cared about such things, even if its two women, or two men, or a man and a woman, I simply do not care nor is it my business. And I for one, think it should stay like that.

But as long as they understand that some things should be left at home, and some things should not be dragged some places, such as the battlefield...Because lets face it, favoritism and some of these forms of attractions and relationships can break ranks, and get people killed in lots of situations. And as such they should be avoided least they become problematic....I do believe they do call it professionalism or some such.

But other then that and a few other such things, I do not care who people love or kiss. In fact I usually do not even notice them. Yes I being a straight male would probably just walk on by, not even noticing if two women were kissing.
With all the things on my mind, these types of things are way at the bottom of the list.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

That's what it said in the article as well.

As far as I know all "first kiss" ceremonies are staged.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well at least it wasn't those butch looking lesbians phew.... There is no story here, all you're seeing is a photo op for these two.. I guess we had to see them kissing to make sure they really are gay.....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join