It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials call for National Guard on streets of New Orleans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hey ATS, found this video. (Sorry if this has been posted before):

So, with the soaring crime rate of New Orleans, there has been calls for the National Guard to assist police in distinguishing these threats. I agree with this official, as really, the police are obviously not doing a good enough job at keeping the crime rates down.
edit on 21-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
That my friend is the future of America. Next time you hear this "Civil Unrest has intensified with the Demise of the US Dollar" you'll know it's time

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It was already done after Katrina.

Folks are conditioned there for it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Bad local accents,
meandering local production,
most of the stories take too long to tell,
but I think this video is complimentary to the thread topic.

David Grouchy

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I cringe to think that there may be a time when the National guard are patrolling the street in a non-natural disaster scenario.

If crime levels are so bad, then they need to start looking into the corruption at governmental levels that are allowing it.

Or maybe this is the way that the local Gov't is admitting that they have lost control?

My worst case solution...level the crime ridden areas and turn it into farmland. "Nawlins would be a great place to grow rice.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I was working in New Orleans for a while in the 90's
here are some stories I remember from the local paper that
many people even in the state of Louisiana don't know anything about.

Shotgun mugging outside a bar just on the edge of the French Quarter: late 80's
The mugger shoots the girl in the face, then gut shots her date who dies two days later.

Or how about this one.
Night time off duty police woman calls medics.
All the employees of the quickystop where she sometimes works late at night have been shot and robbed.
The next day the 14 year old daughter of the slain vietnamese family crawls down from the ceiling, where she hid over night, and I.D.'s the police woman as the one who unlocked the front door and let the gang in.

Or the cop taped by the FBI monitoring his cell as he gave step by step directions to the hit man he hired for a woman that filed police brutality charges against him. FBI wasn't able to stop the hit. Did get a conviction on the officer though.

Ok...
I'm a stop now.
Cause the "Louisiana Pizza Kitchen" massacre is too depressing.

David Grouchy

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm looking at it this way. The latest calls for the Guard in New Orleans came after a little girl was shot and killed in a drive by. Perhaps not a unique occurrence, however tragic....right?

Well, I think what made this a little different was that the child was killed in cross fire from two DIFFERENT gang banger gun trucks attacking in coordination from different directions against 1 guy.

I suppose when the gangs start acting with that level of coordination and brutality, it's just gotten entirely out of hand. It wouldn't take much more than a couple more vehicles and some real stupid courage to actually pose a THREAT to the city police department directly. As others mentioned...The Guard was in N.O. for 3 1/2 years after Katrina. Obviously they left too soon and people feared it at the time..and said so. It's a shame they turned out to be proven correct.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I lived in New Orleans all of my life until Katrina. The police department has always been in the news for corruption and dirty cops. There was a time when we had a police chief that came from out of state that was hired to clean up the city wide force, and he did, and the crime rate went down big time and New Orleans was much safer. Then he was hired away by Atlanta for bigger money. Oh well. The crime rate shot up again. Gangs have always been a huge problem. I don't know who is in charge down there, right now it doesn't seem like the cops are. This news of needing the national guard to assist isn't all that shocking.

I love New Orleans but I'm glad I don't live there anymore. There is a prevailing attitude of "what's in it for me" and quite honestly, blatant ignorance and apathy. The city itself has so many great qualities and is so unique and beautiful, and in the right hands and with the right direction, could be so much more. But, I'm too jaded now and at least for me, I'd rather visit than live there ever again.

top topics

join