It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Danger of the Disbelief in Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Ron Paul, finally, is beginning to garner the support and respect that he deserves from the US citizens. There is still a long road yet to be traveled, though, and the future far from certain. Dr. Paul, as many of us know, is the only chance this once great republic has left to begin on the path back to its former glory, as a beacon of liberty, freedom, and opportunity for the common man.

Believing in Ron Paul not only means believing in what he represents, but also believing that the PRINCIPLES in which he and we stand for can in fact triumph over and eliminate the malignancy that is destroying this country, and indeed the entire world.

However... a nation who believes itself unable to win, has already lost. The danger of the disbelief in Ron Paul is the surrender of hope that things can ever get better. Disbelief is the danger of believing that his and our core values can never be restored, and to become resigned that they never will. It is nothing short of absolute capitulation to the enemies of freedom; the plutocrats and the men behind the curtains, and the stooges and corporate interest flunkies that represent for them.

Some common arguments:

"I dont believe in Ron Paul because I dont believe in what he stands for".

---Then you are a fool, a useful idiot, part of the profiteers of tyranny, or some combination of those three.

To the first two: really educate yourself; educate yourself on what America was founded on, the rarest of paradigms that it established, and the ideologies that it forcibly deported back to England and the throne, and why. Educate yourself on Ron Pauls principles and ideals. I have a hard time believing any common man would not support Ron Paul, unless he was ignorant of the facts.

To the third: you are the cancer that needs to be excised out of our nation. Good thing we have a doctor who knows what hes doing on his way to the White House

"Ron Paul is part of the establishment. They all are. We are being tricked".

--- The PTB are not omnipotent, omnipresent, and almighty, they just want you to think they are. They are not gods... they are psychopathic mere mortals who capitalize on the publics ignorance and fear, creating only the illusion of total control.

Ron Paul bucks the NWO shill type in every respect. Ron Paul is the ONE who you CAN believe in.

"The polls are rigged anyway"

--- Great excuse not to take 30 minutes out of 4 years to vote for freedom. Im sure you can stand to miss one episode of "Jersey Shore" just in case the polls are not rigged.

"I like Ron Paul and believe in his words, but I dont believe he can win, so I wont vote for him".

--- Then you are a willing traitor to your principles, your countrymen, and will share negligence for the ruin of freedoms only and brightest hope; the unique historical anomaly that is the USA, its constitution, and its people.

Never compromise with evil. There is no "lesser evil" candidate either. There is Ron Paul, or NWO bootlicker A, B, C, D, E, F, or G.

The danger of the disbelief in Ron Paul, is the danger of giving up on liberty and freedom without even a fight and accepting your positions as little more than serfs to economic overlords. To disbelieve is to accept defeat before ever having fought, because you thought the fight to hard to win, or the odds to poor to even try.

But this really is the end of the line, my compatriots; the last stop. We can either get off this crazy train of thinly veiled tyranny and start walking home, or we can stay onboard and ride it straight into Oceania circa 1984. And I guarantee you that that will be a one way trip, with whichever shill conductor laughing the whole way.

The walk home will be long and arduous. But I prefer the long and arduous journey to heaven, over the quick and easy trip to hell any day.

BELIEVE in what Ron Paul stands for; they are the best of principles. BELIEVE that Ron Paul is the man for the job; look at his unerring history of consistency and reason. BELIEVE that you can make a difference; regardless of who wins, whether you think its all rigged or not, the vote against tyranny always matters.

Believe, and change the course of history.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I like RP, but am witholding my judgement until I get a gander as to who he is going to pick as his running mate.

That seems to be something that everyone ignores.

Well, that and the fact that if he implemented his views the way the current POTUS does through executive orders, he will recieve a whole lot of backlash.

And if that were to happen, chances are that he would be a one-termer.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well said. I think your part about "I'm not going to vote for him (or at all) b/c he won't win" speaks loudest, and it's often what i hear when having conversations about the elections with friends and colleagues about Ron Paul.

To those who choose to not vote at all -- It just makes zero sense to me. To your point, if you honestly can't take 30 minutes, or you travel a lot, or you don't like going to the polling booths... do yourself a favor and register for an absentee ballot. Don't know HOW to get an absentee ballot? Let Me Google That For You.

To those who won't vote Paul even though they like him b/c they don't think he'll win??? That is THE worst excuse of them all... and it's precisely what's wrong with pop culture. People want to side with (and vote for) who they think the general public (& MSM) views as the "correct" choice, even if it's not the "right" choice --- meaning they'll vote with who they think will be most broadly accepted amongst their circle of peers. It really sickens me how folks are so afraid to proclaim to their circle of friends and colleagues "I voted for the other guy" because they think they'll be ridiculed and rejected.

In short, more people need to realized that voting in an election should be based on one's personal beliefs and values and not on the desire to "ace the test".

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I look at it like this: The economical downturn will last awhile no matter who is in office, I'm willing to try a completely different approach to it, but even if that doesn't work like promised, at least I can still keep some of my dignity with Paul as president, and not someone else butting the government into my business.

EDIT: And you're correct about the people that think it's pointless to vote for him.
edit on 21-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

One term, perhaps, but we have to start somewhere. The precedent has to be set (reset) that its OK to go up against the establishment and tell the status quo to shove it. At a minimum, I think he will be the catalyst for courage among other politicians who are not so bald facedly shills.

I have the highest hopes for Ron Paul and his abilities. He will be the first domino to start the chain reaction, among politicians, and among the people.

But we have to be the ones to push that domino over. It cant push itself.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I hope Ron Paul's election campaign team paid you well my friend!

But seriously, I hope he wins.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for everyone to turn on him...and mark my words, in this environment (ATS and the like) EVERYONE get's turned on.

It's the nature of the beast.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Ron Paul as a doctor realizes that sometimes, the cure can darn near kill the patient. Or at least make them wish they would just die....well, until six months later when they are getting healthier. Then they want to go on living.

Are Americans ready for that? I don't think so.

But I do believe it needs to be done.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Thread closed pending review.

new topics

top topics

join