It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops 'returning' from Iraq ordered to Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hope this hasn't been posted...
By the way, who didn't really see this coming? All the BS about 'bring our troops home' was just that- BS. They are just sending them elsewhere.. I guess Iraq ran out of stuff for us to mine, on to the next project!

Officials have made much of “ending” the Iraq War and bringing the occupation forces home for the holidays, but they won’t be staying long, as many are now receiving new orders to deploy to Afghanistan. “We are glad that we have brought all soldiers back home in time for Christmas to spend with loved ones. We do have to put information out about an upcoming mission, though,” noted one brigade combat team in a statement, saying it was selected for a “support mission” in the decade-long occupation of Afghanistan.

The move was being couched in terms of a plan to withdraw from Afghanistan at the end of 2014, but privately officials have been negotiating to keep troops there through 2024, and commander Gen. John Allen conceded yesterday that the US would “probably” keep troops in Afghanistan long after 2014.

Afgan must have lots of goods for us too mine.. didn't they find a mine there with trillions of dollars of minerals there? yeah they did- www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — The United States has discovered nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan, far beyond any previously known reserves and enough to fundamentally alter the Afghan economy and perhaps the Afghan war itself, according to senior American government officials.

news.antiwar.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
i have a friend who going to the Afghan in 2013 so they must not be planning leaving there anytime soon

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
yeah if i remember right there were above ground ore of copper found. and its a buttload. also dont forget all the poppy farms to be kept pumping out product.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
That's quite a shocker. I suppose next we'll learn that soldiers who did more than 3 tours are being diagnosed with severely mentally disabling symptoms of trauma & depression, and need intensive therapy and treatments to manage their PTSD.

Then to follow later....

On the next Dr. Phil show.... soldiers speak out...
"I served my country for several tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, but when I came home, I couldn't find a job, my head tingled a lot, and my wife cheated on me and had 14 kids with another man while I was overseas."

That's only a slight exaggeration, I know women who are working on their 3rd+ kid from another man/men while their hubbies are still overseas, starting from 2004 to present.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

By the way, who didn't really see this coming? All the BS about 'bring our troops home' was just that- BS. They are just sending them elsewhere..

Everyone saw this coming.

Only an idiot would think that coming home meant not going back out elsewhere...of course they'll get redeployed.

It's their job!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yes... sadly, many women know of the benefits that military members, and their families get so they sometimes just get married because of it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

When units receive their orders to deploy, there is a bit a period before they actually deploy. This is so they can train. Warfare is a lot like everything else. Changing tactics and Standard Operating Procedures...etc.

Everything from adopting new tech to how they engage the populace in a face to face conversation. It's always evolving.

And the military does have procedures in place to identify those who have possible back to back tours and try to prevent that very thing. But there are those who volunteer. And you have the Spec-Ops guys who deploy for shorter durations than the average Joe. But that is due to their OPTEMPO.

After three tours in Iraq, the only winners of that conflict that I saw were Iran and China. Iran for the obvious reasons of being the neighbor and China because they have quite the infrastructure in Kurdish controlled territory.

Lots of oil there.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
i have a friend who going to the Afghan in 2013 so they must not be planning leaving there anytime soon

That's impossible. Orders aren't cut for a deploying division/unit more than 8 months out.. unless you're talking about someone who cuts orders in DoD, or is an 0-6 in the Army.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

That's impossible. Orders aren't cut for a deploying division/unit more than 8 months out.. unless you're talking about someone who cuts orders in DoD, or is an 0-6 in the Army.

You're close, but not quite on target.

Divisional and BCT rotations are planned well into the future. It gives Commanders a glimpse of what may happen.

But it is easier to cancel a order than to issue it at that scale.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
That's quite a shocker. I suppose next we'll learn that soldiers who did more than 3 tours are being diagnosed with severely mentally disabling symptoms of trauma & depression, and need intensive therapy and treatments to manage their PTSD.

Yep, because every troop that goes over there for multiple tours is a complete basketcase due to PTSD.

"I served my country for several tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, but when I came home, I couldn't find a job, my head tingled a lot, and my wife cheated on me and had 14 kids with another man while I was overseas."

That's only a slight exaggeration, I know women who are working on their 3rd+ kid from another man/men while their hubbies are still overseas, starting from 2004 to present.

Wow, you're right again!! Every dependant wife is a cheating whore when her husband is deployed.

Geez, the Lame Brigade is out in force tonight.....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I heard that a friends kid was going to be deployed to IRAQ. Yes, to iraq. I too took a doubletake on that one.
I am now confused.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
I heard that a friends kid was going to be deployed to IRAQ. Yes, to iraq. I too took a doubletake on that one.
I am now confused.

Could he be a Marine on Embassy duty?

We'll always have some Soldiers in Iraq performing various functions...until they kick us out anyways.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
I am now confused.

You do know that the troops that left a few days ago are combat troops, and that there are several thousand support troops still there/??

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Of course. They will be home for atleast 6 months tho, but yes we still have a war in afghan, no suprise here

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

oh i love your avatar. SWEET. I laughed my a# off. still laughing. Why would they send troops back to iraq? This is confusing to me. I heard from a friend that his kid was being deployed to iraq. TO IRAQ. WTF. In a month and a half.
WHY? WHO knows.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
THey just do that for plannig and admin purpose for the future, they dont even knw, You have to be organized and ready to go, bet ya they dont know the month, if they think so it will change..

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Yep, because every troop that goes over there for multiple tours is a complete basketcase due to PTSD.

Wow, you're right again!! Every dependant wife is a cheating whore when her husband is deployed.

Geez, the Lame Brigade is out in force tonight.....

No, you are correct, I said "every".
Learn better reading comprehension, then try dealing with a sense of humor on occasion.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Even if they found a cave full of diamonds i still wouldn't go there. You could be walking along minding your own business and "boom!" you just turned into a red mist because you stepped on an I.E.D. some guy buried in the dirt the previous night, or 20 years ago. That whole country is a giant minefield.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Even if they found a cave full of diamonds i still wouldn't go there. You could be walking along minding your own business and "boom!" you just turned into a red mist because you stepped on an I.E.D. some guy buried in the dirt the previous night, or 20 years ago. That whole country is a giant minefield.

If they found a cave of golden diamonds hoarded by 10,000 naked virgins (not the computer geek kind) I wouldn't go there.

BOOM ....Red mist, kind of reminds me of Rorschach...
at 0:21

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Ok ill buy that.. but someone is taking a big chance just telling someone, especially a fellow conspiracy theorist, info that violates operational security. I was actually saying that company commanders don't know that far out.. BCT level yes but not at the company CO's level.

edit on 22-12-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join