It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA screenings aren't just for airports anymore

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

...The TSA's 25 "viper" teams — for Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response

Don't you just love how even the name they choose to identify their unit by ... VIPR ... is chosen to instill an instinctive fear in the populous. How many people have an instinctive fear/aversion to snakes and the VIPR acronym was obviously chosen to convey a strong/powerful/fast/deadly subliminal message into the mind of the person getting their "attention".

Anyway, I reckon the acronym (VIPR) was chosen 1st for it's "power" and then they threw some non-sensical and meaningless words together as in Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response ... I mean seriously, what does that EVEN mean ... and Intermodal ?????????

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The founders didn't have train stations, airports going all over the world, and places like Grand Central Station. The only thing they had were carriages and seaports and it took 6 months to travel to Europe.

You can't compare apples to oranges.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Be a lot of fun to try to check people boarding a Geryhound bus. between drugs and guns they woulf just have to drive the whole bus to the jail.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by xuenchen
Hmmm.
love the reference to "non evasive sensors".

Love the questions..

"Are you planning to bomb the event today?"

"Are you planning to RECORD the event today?"

So now they are copyright police as well huh?

I wonder if they have a "wireless" lie detector ?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

The article notes that critics see the TS VIPER teams as "largely cosmetic" and as a sort of ruse for keeping themselves relevant, in the public eye..and on the public funding gravy train. Now, that's disturbing enough, of course, but as we all know that sort of thing is par for the course in Washington. Everyone's bellied up to the trough looking for their snoutfull of slop.

If increased TSA presence and activity is truly only about "looking busy," I suppose that would be the least of our concerns. But if they are more active than that and are actually "doing their job," its far more worrisome to me for what it says about the emergence of a total survalience society. Freedom lovers everywhere would do well to keep an eye on this and all developments relating to the often-controversial TSA

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

More people should pay attention to this. "Largely cosmetic" my ___.
None of this is surprising to those who have been paying attention to those "nutty" conspiracy theorists who have been warning about a totalitarian takeover for decades. The Globalists have been laying the groundwork for many decades -- they think long term.

But the pace has been picking up since 9/11. And with Obama's election, even the "average" US citizen has noticed that something has gone very wrong with his country. A clue should have been the blatant dishonesty of the mainstream media during the 2008 election, as if they were all reading from the same script. (Rupert Murdoch who owns Fox was an Obama supporter. I suspect Fox exists to give the illusion of dissent.)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Oh my, certainly don't let facts get in your way.

What the Americans on this site fail to understand is public transporation such as trains and airports are exceptions to the fourth amendment. This was decided in 1973.
As soon as you step on an airport, you don't have fourth amendment rights. Don't like it? Don't go to an airport.

Its the Transportation Administration, not the plane adminstration.

In 2010, after Osama was killed, they found plans that he was going to attack the rail system. Despite that rail system losing its glamorous view in the American public, the rail system still keeps manufacturing, energy and production moving in the states. We wouldn't have the US without the rail system, and we still rely on it. So it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to bungle up the economy.

But your just a troll and don't care about facts. Whether you agree with it or not, someone is doing their job and they feel they are protecting the public. To say that you hope they get killed is just disgusting. Why don't you go behead a puppy or something.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by silent thunder

It's called tyranny people. They roll it out nice and slowly, telling you that it's for your own safety. But it's spreading, everywhere from train stations to highways. It's all a part of the police state that's been unraveling. The militarization of police in recent years, the monitoring of all forms of communication by Big Brother, Section 1031 of the NDAA, the SOPA bill-- all of it is interlinked. Think about how dangerous all of those things used in combination are to our freedom.

In the near future, we very well may have to be searched before getting on a bus/train/plane/highway while the government monitors our phone calls/text messages/e-mails and spies on us through the countless cameras while the military patrols the streets and arrests Americans forever without a trial/charge because the government says they're bad, all the while the mainstream media continues to push pro-establishment propaganda which plays a key role in gaining support for this agenda, and the government (which is completely corrupt and is just a vessel for the agenda that's playing our before our eyes) gets rid of any competing online information that's a threat to them.
edit on 22-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

Excellent post, TupacShakur. I feel its already too late. The Nazi International has gotten its tentacles into everything that matters (banks, gov, military, judicial, big pharma, energy, transportation, food, water, media, etc.) and things are only going to get worse. I have also felt a tightening up of the Net -- I'm sure ATS is monitored. Those who are expecting the 2012 election to change anything significant are naive. Now it's about surviving the police state.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It looks like IBM wants a contract !

Geesh .... what's next !

ARMONK, N.Y. - Century-old technology colossus IBM on Monday depicted a near future in which machines read minds and recognize who they are dealing with.

The " IBM 5 in 5 " predictions were based on societal trends and research which the New York State-based company expected to begin bearing fruit by the year 2017.

Read more: www.myfoxny.com...

IBM Predicts Mind-Reading Machines

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Haha that is the truth.

I have heard some interesting stories about people riding the bus.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
its a free country, but it will cost you time on occasion...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Where did you get yours, at your two hour TSA orientation class or some redneck bar in nowheresville where you were spawned?

What the Americans on this site fail to understand is public transporation such as trains and airports are exceptions to the fourth amendment. This was decided in 1973.
As soon as you step on an airport, you don't have fourth amendment rights.

BS. The only reason the TSA can search us is if we agree to be searched by getting in their line and handing them a boarding pass. Until that is done they have no more authority than your hillbilly neighbor.

But your just a troll and don't care about facts. Whether you agree with it or not, someone is doing their job and they feel they are protecting the public. To say that you hope they get killed is just disgusting. Why don't you go behead a puppy or something.

Look in the mirror and see the troll hiding behind the mask & dye. Some deluded half wits fresh off the burger line feels they're doing something and that something is destroying America and all we've ever stood & fought for - that is Freedom & Liberty. I never said I hope anyone gets killed, I said i look forward to reading about it (a prediction not a wish). I only give puppies love (Google it) and let them play freely & happily as god intended, while you smother them to death inside a prison box, no doubt.
edit on 22-12-2011 by verylowfrequency because: just say what again

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You can't compare apples to oranges.

You missed the point completely... I bet you were one of those kids in Germany that the NAZI convinced to snitch on their parents, whether they did something wrong or not, huh?

:shk:

It was people like you that let the NAZI get as far as they did by complacency. By the time people realized where it would end up, it was too late. But as they say History repeats itself

Schutzstaffel (SS) was the 'homeland security' of the time, literally means "protection squad" History shows us where THAT went...

David Low, So you won't be protected. Eh? (1st October, 1941)

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

The only question left now is WHO will be the Führer of the 4th Reich (NWO)

edit on 22-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Something we "crazy" conspiracy theorists/terrorists have known for ages.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

As soon as you step on an airport, you don't have fourth amendment rights. Don't like it? Don't go to an airport.

Its the Transportation Administration, not the plane adminstration.

In 2010, after Osama was killed, they found plans that he was going to attack the rail system. Despite that rail system losing its glamorous view in the American public, the rail system still keeps manufacturing, energy and production moving in the states. We wouldn't have the US without the rail system, and we still rely on it. So it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to bungle up the economy.

Well after that rash of bus and train hijackings I can see your point....Not.
That complacent atitude will be the death of liberty in this country.

The "SS" was just doing their jobs in Buchenwald too..( protecting the reich)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
like the poster said, we're the TRANSPORTATION security admin.
remember the Achille Lauro?
Tokyo subway? Madrid trains?
the intel people know tons of stuff the man in the street knows not.
I will be the first to admit the POTENTIAL for abuse and hyperstatism, but at this point it really is about keeping the travelling public safe. I have some awareness of VIPR and similar activities, and believe me we are nowhere near any Gestapo activity.
of course, as soon as an event happens it's the TSA that will get grilled for 'not keeping us safe'.

okay guys, flame on...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
WOW ! ! !
It must feel very nice to have such a security program!

Next the TSA will be in front of every door step, screening each and everyone
that goes in or out of the house!!!
Our own children will be molested every day, continuously, thinking of how many times per day
children go in or out of the house when they are playing...
Can you imagine the TSA asking each time...
"are you planning to bomb the place?"
"have you been here all day?"
"did you leagally find that rock?"
"are you planning on opening your brothers/sisters head with that rock?"
"I think we should take you in for further questioning!" etc etc...

Sorry but things are going way out of control in the name of security...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
haha. Air marshals are under tsa, its not the tsa screeners on the vipr teams, those are airmarshals fool, so funny even when you know the facts people will never believe

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
sorry man, been to his work and saw the badge, i dont knw the rules exacto, but air marshals cant search the police can of course they can just pick you out, and any transportation counts for tsa to search ... wit marshals there..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join